Official Tohno-Chan Steam Group
Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, RAR, SWF, WEBM, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7551 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1587 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 132627505519.jpg - (89.96KB , 1177x898 , smt1snes.jpg )
5831 No. 5831 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
What's your favorite battle theme, Tohno-chan? Also, why?

Random encounter, boss fight, final boss, anything goes.

This has been mine lately: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beTdZ79R2NE

The transition from the mellow pre-battle theme to this is perfect, and it's just so intense and fast-paced. Loving that SNES-electric-guitar sound.
29 posts and 6 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 11227 [Edit]
 
one I liked a lot because is both epic and dramatic
>> No. 11263 [Edit]
File 141967280983.gif - (19.54KB , 200x120 , YGuile.gif )
11263
>>5833
Dum dee dum dee dummm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2QWhy4ci10
>> No. 11861 [Edit]
File 145344769762.gif - (49.88KB , 107x108 , chunny-ts-winz.gif )
11861
China Vox (3rd Strike Chun Li's Theme)
https://youtu.be/eMAxE4B7vWc
>> No. 13084 [Edit]
File 15184303751.gif - (20.54KB , 300x100 , 20171298white.gif )
13084
Ryu's Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ByIlNMzg-I

File 151477076592.png - (897.42KB , 942x704 , you should watch Hokuto no Ken it's the best .png )
12826 No. 12826 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I'm bored. I'm going to do a playthrough of UnReal World.
It's a survival simulator set in the iron age. The goal of the game is to survive the winter.

I rolled these stats after 11 minutes or so of rerolling. The starting stats are very important because they can never be changed, unlike your skills. Intelligence and will both only affect skills, so I don't need to worry about those.
The most important stats are Speed, to get across the area quickly and flee from things, Eyesight, to see enemies before they see me, and Endurance, so I don't get as much penalty from swinging or running a lot.
I'm happy with them for the most part. I would have preferred maximum speed, that's the most important, but high everything is not so bad.

I chose the kaumolainen tribe because they have a chance to spawn with the best knife or spear in the game. Let's hope I get one or both.

My character's name is Fudo. Japanese romanization of Food. And also the name of a great protagonist from Hokuto no Ken. This is not actually a selectable portrait in the game and I'm not using mods; it's just the actual portraits are 3DPD and I'd get banned, so I'll be pasting Fudo's face over my portrait in each of the screenshots.
15 posts and 11 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 12853 [Edit]
File 151520304190.png - (369.11KB , 626x274 , you should watch Hokuto no Ken it's the best .png )
12853
>>12850
It's true. And speaking of dog balance, I've given a third piece of misinformation: the dogs are not invincible after all, just very highly resilient and heal quickly, making you think they are.
None of my dogs have died, in fact I bought a new fourth one called Tobo, it's just I saw a screenshot from another user whose dog did.

Years ago, I was doing an anarchy run where I was killing every NPC I could, and at one point, my dog was surrounded from all directions by a mob that were beating the living shit out of him. (including from behind which increases damage by like 100%.) I thought for sure he was dead. But, as you can see in this screenshot here, he was alive, somehow. I actually struck him as well because he had become hostile to me for some reason, and he survived my additional blows. So I don't know what it could take to kill a dog. But they can die.

Anyway, yes, I have four dogs now, but I don't plan on bringing all four of them with me. Two of them are staying home to defend another new addition of the family: a cow!
Cows can be very easily killed, in one turn even, by wolves and lynxes, both of which can walk right under fences. Hopefully two dogs accompanying it will protect it a bit.
Cows are great because they give you milk every 24 hours which extinguishes thirst and some hunger. And if I'm ever in a serious situation during the winter, I can slaughter it and get a good couple hundred pounds of meat.
I've never actually had any livestock during the wintertime in this game before and I'm a little scared. I hope I'm not expected to keep them inside a building.
I was able to buy all these animals thanks to the things the Njerpez dropped. The armor wasn't wholly useless after all.
>> No. 12854 [Edit]
File 151521678675.png - (818.69KB , 939x697 , you should watch Hokuto no Ken it's the best .png )
12854
This is what my camp looks like right now. A 1/4th finished log cabin built right on the shoreline. The location is perfect, I'm just a couple kilometers away from lots of villages, and also a "no-man's land" which is where foreign traders, vagabond thieves and njerpez typically spawn.
Construction is going gruesomely slow because my axes, timbercraft and building skills all suck. It takes me three to six days to make just one wall.

I'm going to postpone the house construction and focus on making a pen for the animals right now, because I fear tying them to the tree could make it harder for the dogs to protect the cow.

I think it's also about time I made a raft. I'll be about to float into the middle of the sea and finally use my fishing net that I've had lying around since week one of my game.
>> No. 12984 [Edit]
File 151687092774.png - (872.98KB , 956x744 , you should watch Hokuto no Ken it's the best .png )
12984
Finished the animal pen. I forgot you can't carry lumber over a fence (obviously) so I don't know how I can continue building without letting the animals out, heh.

I've been busy with waifu related shit and hospital shit and haven't been up for playing but I'm back now. The game will continue till this character dies, or I get bored after I've already survived out all of winter.
>> No. 12985 [Edit]
File 151687163522.png - (797.17KB , 956x744 , you should watch Hokuto no Ken it's the best .png )
12985
I also finished my raft here you could see at the bottom of my above screenshot.
Here's my first catch with the fishing net.... It sucked! I hope to get some salmon passively with this, the most nutritious food in the game.

File 151407736248.jpg - (91.87KB , 584x450 , ztg2B2M.jpg )
12805 No. 12805 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Not really a video game, but would anyone be interested in playing DnD? We were wanting to play using an online tabletop and maybe voice chat. We would be playing either Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 or 5th edition. All the books are available online for free, though the 3.5 havent been in print for a while so they're easier to find, plus there's alot more of them to draw from for your character.

So who wants to play?
>> No. 12806 [Edit]
>and maybe voice chat
Hard pass. D&D seems fun but not if I have to listen to other people.
>> No. 12971 [Edit]
File 151593645934.jpg - (221.95KB , 1444x1668 , 20180110.jpg )
12971
D&D multi-player online?
>> No. 12973 [Edit]
>>12971
I don't think they were referring to the MMORPG:
>We were wanting to play using an online tabletop and maybe voice chat
>> No. 13220 [Edit]
>>12806
without voice chat a single game is a thousand times longer, definitely a social activity and wouldn't work in a reclusive community ironically

File 150840022975.jpg - (105.16KB , 1200x987 , DK7B3MEVwAE9BbT.jpg )
12660 No. 12660 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
The wait is finally over and the very much anticipated game Cuphead is finally out?
What does Tohno-chan think about this one?
7 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 12818 [Edit]
>>12814
One's a run and gun and the other is a 3d action game so...no.
>> No. 12821 [Edit]
Beautiful to watch.
Frustrating to play.
Runs great on the GPD Win.
>> No. 12822 [Edit]
another game people pretend is hard because they're so used to games where the only way you can die is if you play in a suicidal manner.
any game where death is possible through normal play gets an epic meme status now cause casualization is so bad and widespread it's a novelty.
doesn't compare at all to old platformer difficulty, isn't noteworthy at all.
people should stop compromising.
>> No. 12969 [Edit]
It's Contra.

No. 12779 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
 
I just finished Nioh. Or the vanilla new game, anyway. I do plan on continuing into New Game+++ and the DLC and shit of course, which seems to be a lot better than the normal game from what I've heard.

It's my favorite game of all time. It definitely has some problems, most notably the poor music (none of the bosses have a unique theme) and cutscene budget (the final cutscene was disappointingly cheap), magic being overpowered and boring, and the loot system … also being boring. But these latter issues seem to be fixed in NG+ so I'm very excited to get into the actual game here now.
Last problem I can think of that I have with the game is that there isn't enough incentive to wear Light armor. I went through half the game using light armor and it was insane, you die in one hit. Which is good in some ways. I really like seeing a game make armor actually fucking matter. I am tired of games like Dark Souls where there is little noticeable difference between wearing heavy plate armor and running around fucking naked. The difference is definitely noticeable here.
But I don't feel like Nioh got the armor right, either. There just aren't enough benefits to wearing light armor. Ki (stamina) is the only big bonus you get for wearing light instead of heavy armor, with the exchange being dying in one hit to even random encounters, and it just isn't enough of a trade off. I never have a problem with ki management even using an ax and the heaviest armor in the game. I would have really butted heads with the devs over balancing this had I been there with them…

But I guess that is just kind of nitpicky. There are people who make the light armor work, it is actually seemingly the most used armor class for some reason? Maybe I am just severely retarded.

I'm a big fan of Team Ninja and Monster Hunter, you can really see the Ninja Gaiden influence everywhere, of Japan, Asian history, and demons. This game is kind of like a wet dream.
I went into the game blind and didn't know what to expect and as soon as I saw the opening cinematic, I was hooked.

When I heard that the main game is over 100 hours long, I was very scared that I had made a mistake buying it.
I cannot stand the Souls' series for releasing unfinished games. I am a content creator mys
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 12780 [Edit]
>>12779
>I am a content creator myself
What do you make?
>> No. 12781 [Edit]
>>12780
Fanfictions of my waifu.
You wouldn't think so since my OP is so shit. I didn't try, I wrote it at 4 AM.

The video I had meant to embed was the Nioh opening. I tried reposting it just now and it wouldn't let me. Oh well.
>> No. 12856 [Edit]
File 151524529772.jpg - (121.75KB , 850x879 , 20180105.jpg )
12856
Nioh is so japanese-y even with a white guy protag...

File 151357537140.png - (107.81KB , 911x635 , DDcMI4oXYAAIUbA.png )
12789 No. 12789 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Hey, I got a PS4 for Christmas, and with it, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2.
I have decided I want to commit myself and understand this game inside and out. I want to master it and have something to be proud of. I have never been good at anything in my life. (And the possibility of swindling money from normalfags with my skills is nice, too)

Would anyone like to join me? It is utterly useless to play against the AI. I need a human opponent, someone at my same zero skill level, we can grow together! We can share resources! We'll play and discuss Guilty Gear every single day!
If you master one fighting game, you master them all since they are fundamentally the same. This is an invaluable opportunity!
I'm going to EVO 2018, I am carpooling with someone for free, and maybe by that time we'll be confident enough to even compete!

What do you say? I currently play Kum Haehyun, but I still may switch to someone else.
Add me on Discord if you are interested. フードファイター#3019 <- my discord ID.
I don't currently have PS+ so I can't play online yet but I'm too new to waste my time fighting you right now, anyway. I am spending a lot of time in tutorial mode first.
I will delete this thread once I get someone to partner up with. If this thread is up, I am available.

Post edited on 17th Dec 2017, 9:40pm
10 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 12836 [Edit]
File 151483351498.png - (336.42KB , 638x357 , 1454118776673.png )
12836
BlazBlue is a bit more lax (so I hear), and has plenty of waifu-material girls.
Also made by the guys who make Guilty Gear, as I recall.
>> No. 12842 [Edit]
File 151491989130.jpg - (98.52KB , 1280x720 , [Scriptum] Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou - 07 [BD 720.jpg )
12842
>>12836
>waifu-material
>> No. 12852 [Edit]
>>12836
Maybe BB really is a bit easier in the long run, but you get a faster start with GG because basic combos are easier and deal better damage. And GG has many cute girls, too! Actually, I'd say GG has the best-looking cast there's ever been in a game.
>> No. 12970 [Edit]
I would have been interested if you were on PC but I don't own a console, sorry.

File 151508045539.jpg - (330.96KB , 1200x1663 , 1451762410960.jpg )
12845 No. 12845 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
People like to trash on MGS: Portable Ops a lot but it's actually written by Mikumo Gakuto, who has written series' such as 'Dantalian no Shoka' and 'Asura Cryin''.
Has me interested, but I don't think I could regress to PSP graphics and controls.
>> No. 12847 [Edit]
 
The stock graphics are better than the ps1 MGS and can look just as good as the ps2 games. Do you also refuse to play MGS1 because of the graphics? It was even re-released on ps3 with some minor upgrades. You can also run it on an emulator and up the graphics more if you like. If you run it on an emulator you'd have plenty of freedom to change the control layout by the way.
>> No. 12848 [Edit]
>>12847
This. Just use PPSSPP on the GPD XD or GPD Win and voilà: portable HD MGS: portable Ops (or Peace Walker)
>> No. 12851 [Edit]
>>12847
It's just, I've played the HD remake of Peace Walker and found the controls to be clunky.
I don't have a problem with low graphics, maybe it's just because PW was a PSP game being blown-up to a 40 inch television screen it kind just 'felt' weird.

I don't refuse to play it, if somebody handed it to me I'd play it for sure, I'm just not sure I want to go out of my way to get it only to find out I can't handle the controls.
I don't mean controls as in buttons per se, more the feeling of movement et cetera in-game.

File 131383104983.jpg - (1.61MB , 1280x1024 , guns.jpg )
4311 No. 4311 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [First 100 posts] [Last 50 posts]
Come on now, there's gotta be something you're sick of seeing get over used in videogame after videogame.
Something you wish they would just stop with already.

Personally, for one, it's most modern games limiting how many weapons you can cary at any one time to just two or three.
useualy being, one small weapon, such as a hand gun, and one or two bigger guns.
This I suspect to be not for realism, but to cover for their own laziness and unwillingness to make more available weapons for the game.
346 posts and 102 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 12725 [Edit]
I just wish more games let you quit to desktop/windows without dealing with a labyrinth of menus and loading screens to get there. sure I can alt tab out, but would it kill them to just put a button somewhere in the pause screen?
>> No. 12816 [Edit]
File 151435888947.jpg - (103.27KB , 960x1200 , 20171231.jpg )
12816
>>12725
I agree with that. UI seems to be a lost art unless you're Apple.
>> No. 12819 [Edit]
>>12816
Apple products have terrible UI though.
>> No. 12820 [Edit]
>>12819
My thoughts exactly.

File 150944312437.png - (663.15KB , 1024x576 , the_pyro_and_mei_by_ikonakona-dajgota.png )
12674 No. 12674 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Why do people like Overwatch more than TF2?
If anyone here likes Overwatch more than Team Fortress 2 please explain why, I am curious.
1 post omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 12678 [Edit]
>>12677
The only right answer.
Though I find TF graphics and gameplay less offensive.
>> No. 12679 [Edit]
All the trappings around the game I simply prefer and find more interesting (graphics, art direction, 'lore', UI etc.), but gameplay wise the biggest reason is the the character roster and unique abilities each character has. The game offers you a better way to help out your team by playing your character to its strengths which aren't necessary always just shooting dudes, you can be helpful other ways.
I think TF2 is still fine, it's just the natural way of things growing old the next thing coming along that borrows from it, there's just more to Overwatch for me.
>> No. 12680 [Edit]
>>12679
Finally, a decent answer. Thank you.
>> No. 12813 [Edit]
OW is newer and has better marketing than TF2. Also waifu character designs.

File 151324525349.png - (905.01KB , 1279x715 , survive.png )
12782 No. 12782 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I think I have noticed something weird in The Phantom Pain. Quite minor, but still...
So, when you get knew recruits, it displays the language they speak. Now, not all of them speak English, that is, for a little while. Yes, what I have noticed is that, once anybody stays on Mother Base staff for long enough, they will learn the English language.

I find it weird because it doesn't really effect anything, but does relate to the whole 'English is the Lingua Franca' thing.
>> No. 12783 [Edit]
In reality they'd probably stick to their language, form groups with others who speak it, and try to force it on others who don't.
>> No. 12784 [Edit]
>>12782
I don't think it's weird at all. Just another example for how these games go into detail.

>>12783
Yes, because that's exactly how it works in (para-)military organizations.

>force it on others who don't.
Like English?
>> No. 12785 [Edit]
File 151326131734.png - (119.03KB , 1683x730 , epigraph.png )
12785
>>12784
I feel it is way too minor to just be detail.
And then you had the outbreak that infected anybody who spoke a certain language, and then the English strain of vocal cord parasites is still out there, and then EVERYBODY on Mother Base will speak English, I cannot help but feel it is somehow all connected.
>> No. 12786 [Edit]
>>12785
I'm not that far yet, so I didn't know. That does change things.

No. 1922 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [Last 50 posts]
 
The last thread was getting to be a pain to load, so I figured I'd make a new thread if that's OK.
69 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 8217 [Edit]
>>8216
Virtual reality development?
>> No. 10467 [Edit]
File 139164486462.jpg - (75.36KB , 1280x720 , link is dead.jpg )
10467
Could this be the actual meaning and value of Majora's Mask?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1SVkysIRw

It'd be great.
>> No. 12774 [Edit]
 
This video makes me so nostalgic, it was great seeing somebody mess with mass AI and keeping it all in sync so well. I watched this one a long time ago so it's very special to me.
This thread takes a while to load, should we make another one?
>> No. 12778 [Edit]
>>12774
Is not that long of a wait, unlike /mp3/ threads.

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]


[Home] [Manage]



[ Rules ] [ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]