Steam Group

Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, RAR, SWF, WEBM, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7551 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1553 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 132933931891.png - (406.09KB , 1286x900 , 8387665.png )
6105 No. 6105 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Hello /vg/.

I come to you today with a request.

Do you know of any genuinely scary games?

I've wanted to be scared for a while now, but nothing seems to do it, so I'm turning to games for another try.

Any recommendations?

Also, Horror general, because this genre as a whole is great.

Post edited on 15th Feb 2012, 1:40pm
18 posts and 7 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 11220 [Edit]
I played a little of 5 Days a Stranger. The graphics are obviously terrible, but I remember it being genuinely tense. It's been a few years since I played the little amount I did, though.

>>11219
While Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 are very atmospheric, I disagree that they are scary. Although, maybe it's because I played them so much. I think I might have been tense my first time through the Tower of Latria and New Londo. The groaning in the tower, while annoying, is unsettling when you don't know the source. And the ghosts I remember being being scary when I didn't know their mechanics.
>> No. 11358 [Edit]
File 142304045851.jpg - (8.79KB , 214x235 , z20150202.jpg )
11358
Play-to-win micro-transcation games.
The amount of money you lose to those games are truly scary.
>> No. 11363 [Edit]
File 142321894231.jpg - (14.49KB , 300x225 , Forbidden-Siren-PS2-Shibito-300x225.jpg )
11363
Siren series.
Roam around Japanese rural cult villages where you play as multiple characters that need to escape and use a power called sightjacking to see from the POV of the Shibito, corpses reanimated by supernatural forces. Unlike normal zombies Shibito retain a sense of intelligence and personality. They are immortal as well so make use of that sightjacking. There's a bunch of other monster types but I won't spoil them.

In the second game they ramp it up by having you play as a blind character, that has to use his sightjacking on his trusty German Shepherd and the Shibito as well in order to navigate. This was my favorite part in the series.

There's three games, two on PS2 and a reimagining of the first with American reporters and a transfer student as main characters on the PS3. The PS3 entry is also structured like a TV series with a linear story while the PS2 games requires a bit of backtracking to unlock the true ending.
>> No. 11387 [Edit]
I remember shitting myself with certain Playstation 1 games. The Clock Tower, Resident Evil 2, King's Field, probably more. Early 3D plus horror elements is a dangerous combination. Quake can also be really fucking terrifying too, and Waxworks is also horrifying. I wish I could tell you more but I have never been a huge fan of shit that prevents me from sleeping.

File 137011581472.png - (3.02MB , 2133x1200 , back_6_without_sparks.png )
8322 No. 8322 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Some of us decided to play world of tanks together. Mostly becuase of the girls und panzar mods for the game.

Mods can be found here.
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/183240-girls-und-panzer-world-of-tanks-the-anime-mod-collection/

Be sure to leave your username in the thread and
hurry on over to join the moe military!

Post edited on 1st Jun 2013, 2:48pm
8 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 8617 [Edit]
>>8613

How about War Thunder?
>> No. 8646 [Edit]
>>8617
OK, will try this.
>> No. 10527 [Edit]
Tanks a lot
http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3423986/obsidian-entertainment-reveals-armored-warfare-a-free-to-play-tactical-tank-mmo
>> No. 11334 [Edit]
File 142208365381.jpg - (49.36KB , 513x531 , sg.jpg )
11334
>>8324
>Private Guile

Air support, please.

File 14165882228.png - (241.56KB , 1366x768 , hammerwatch.png )
11190 No. 11190 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
If you have not played this game, it is pretty awesome. You can play solo or multiplayer with up to 4 people online or local. It'd be nice to have a Tohno party.
2 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 11196 [Edit]
What do you do in this? Will I enjoy it?
>> No. 11199 [Edit]
 
>>11196
It's just your basic dungeon crawler, but I found it fun. The music is catchy, and although it's simple, it's addictive.

Here is the launch trailer.
>> No. 11269 [Edit]
Legend of Dungeon (LoD) is much nicer for a similar game.
Rainbow unicorns!
>> No. 11311 [Edit]
>>11269
Unicorns that fart rainbows!

File 141029241687.jpg - (244.64KB , 1006x1246 , 4bVaq.jpg )
10891 No. 10891 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
So what are your thoughts on this recent gamergate thing?
15 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 11307 [Edit]
Bump! Because it could be refugee time!
>> No. 11308 [Edit]
What is gamergate, what is that word and what does it mean? Is it an umbrella term for everything bad/controversial about gaming? I tried to read the wiki article, but it contains so much interpersonal drama and flippancy that it makes my head hurt.
>> No. 11309 [Edit]
>>11308
it's dumb crap
>> No. 11310 [Edit]
>>11308
It's a huge mess of drama that's hard to summarize. It ranges from biased media, paid for reviews, media treating videogames like kids toys, media treating 'gamers' like raciest sexist manchilden nazi bullies, and feminazis forcing their bullshit views and opinions onto gaming.

...actually describing it as an umbrella term for everything controversial about gaming seems fitting.

File 142066659748.jpg - (174.36KB , 510x546 , 1405978762582.jpg )
11291 No. 11291 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Does Tohno-chan have ok legs?
6 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 11299 [Edit]
>>11297
Good to know, you run coop together there too or only post about it?
>> No. 11300 [Edit]
File 142068133069.png - (41.07KB , 650x476 , 1418935043400-2.png )
11300
>>11299
Sometime coop, it's hard to get anyone to host servers, we get around say 16 people at a time at most from what I been in, however, I've seen them go up to max 32
>> No. 11301 [Edit]
File 142068187150.png - (16.65KB , 350x615 , 1407093886936.png )
11301
>>11299
also here
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/8chancyber

It's the group I'm currently following for E.Y.E related things, as well as other cyberpunk related games
>> No. 11302 [Edit]
You can go ahead and leave now.

File 129106842453.png - (274.37KB , 673x463 , tohnoChanSteamGroup.png )
160 No. 160 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [First 100 posts] [Last 50 posts]
since it hasn't been posted yet here on the new site, I'll do so

we have a steam group! we don't really do much, but rostran targo decided to make one so there you go.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tohno-chan
190 posts and 27 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 10695 [Edit]
>>10667
Only other game I bought was Shadowrun Returns. I think I'll try it out now! (for once play a game after I buy it)
>> No. 10696 [Edit]
I once had a conversation about buying games on steam sale. I bragged that I had X games in sum, and it only cost me Y $. My conversation partner responded: "that's still Y $ you've spent."

That's pretty much the point where I stopped buying games I wasn't 100% sure I wouldn't play in the near future.
>> No. 10698 [Edit]
>>10696
You're thinking about it the wrong way;
http://www.dorkly.com/post/64641/the-true-purpose-of-steam-sales
>> No. 11254 [Edit]
There's always another STEAM sale...

File 14174934836.jpg - (2.15MB , 1920x1200 , 1355811199.jpg )
11224 No. 11224 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Guys from the IRC want to play monopoly on Tabletop Simulator v3.2 but we need more people. Might make it a regular thing if you guys are interested.

Post edited on 1st Dec 2014, 9:10pm
>> No. 11225 [Edit]
Is it even possible to flip the table and throw all the pieces to the floor while yelling at everybody that they cheated and then calling them Jews because they bought all the property??
>> No. 11226 [Edit]
>>11225
yeah, Tabletop Simulator has a very nice table flipping feature. As the game has 3d models and physics, it can be very satisfying to watch everything scatter.

File 134672626020.jpg - (172.88KB , 1024x768 , gta3pc_001.jpg )
7269 No. 7269 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
If real life was like videogames...
9 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 11188 [Edit]
There would be a definable villain you could fight against.
>> No. 11191 [Edit]
It could be enjoyable
>> No. 11193 [Edit]
I'd be able to get 100k dollars just by calling a number on my phone and live the neet dream
>> No. 11208 [Edit]
..only the good parts will be in the trailer;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0
EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

File 128910224098.png - (299.62KB , 750x600 , 1285712858758.png )
10119 No. 10119 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [Last 50 posts]
Can we get a Yukkuri thread going?
85 posts and 73 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 11124 [Edit]
File 141411158886.png - (34.81KB , 600x530 , アノ二ゆっくり.png )
11124
Revolting easy!
>> No. 11151 [Edit]
>>11124
What a dumb yukkuri, now everyone saw her face and she isn't anonymous anymore.
>> No. 11156 [Edit]
 
What makes it more confusing is that the faces are exactly the same. They are said to have spawned as a result of a massive hack since they have not been encountered in the wild. No one knows how.

Post edited on 31st Oct 2014, 9:50am
>> No. 11202 [Edit]
File 141670008392.jpg - (111.26KB , 705x744 , fffffffffffffffff.jpg )
11202
Demonbewbs

File 136451467866.jpg - (212.00KB , 793x990 , freyaffix.jpg )
8164 No. 8164 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Do you think video games will ever evolve to a point where one can jack one into his head and feel as though you are inside the videogame and before you evrything you wish for appears before your eyes? A matrix where your thoughts creates everything around you

Is there any reason something like this cant be created?

Do you think video games will ever evolve to a point where we can jack one into our heads and feel as though we are inside the videogame and before us evrything we wish for appears before our eyes? A matrix where our thoughts creates everything around us
3 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 8671 [Edit]
>>8165
>Why did you type up the same first paragraph in your spoiler?
Because I was unsober and tought it was deep
>> No. 8672 [Edit]
>Is there any reason something like this cant be created?
I don't see any. Social reality is already a virtual game, a simulacrum, just a very shitty one at it. If there comes a moment when most of people finally acknowledge this, then we can willingly shift to another and hopefully better device, or a ton of them.
>> No. 11071 [Edit]
Sounds interesting, I can say I have never really thought about it. But I am sure it is possible if it directly effects the way the brain interprets things, much like the eyes or nose. It seems terrifying to me because of the possibility of just that however. If this were to happen, would you like to see any ports of certain games in particular? Such as Quake or TIE Fighter?
>> No. 11136 [Edit]
 
I would jack in to play World of Peacecraft
All that talking....
(see the last 2 min of the video)

File 132495877938.jpg - (76.03KB , 1366x728 , instructions.jpg )
5701 No. 5701 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
This thread is for helping people who may have just gotten the game learn some helpful tips and tricks to make the early part of the game easier going,and also to list any glitches to watch out for.It isn't for plot spoilers,or at least anymore than necessary.

I'm constantly getting overencumbered and forced to walk at a snail's pace.I want to buy the house in Whiterun,but I don't how to get that much gold.Or at least,I didn't.Can anyone give me a step by step guide to doing this?

I've already got three iron daggers,and could probably pick up two more from the riverwood trader.How do I give them the banishment enchantment?

Right now,I've got Lydia waiting near Gerdur's house in Riverwood,and I've got most of my shit in a dresser in her house,but I'm afraid it will disappear so I want to get the Whiterun house as quickly as possible.
6 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 11078 [Edit]
>>11068
It's useful if you have Hearthfire DLC for house building.
>> No. 11079 [Edit]
>>11078
While I don't personally think having a house in Skyrim is useful, at all, house building sounds comfy as fuck. Can it be done anywhere, or only in allotted spaces intown? Is it worth getting it for the building alone?
>> No. 11087 [Edit]
This game got really boring after I made it look pretty and created a cute girl character
>> No. 11106 [Edit]
>>11079
Hearthfire is really restrictive, and can only be done is specific plots, and the houses all follow a template. It is however, kind of fun for the first few hours, building a cozy little house, and the DLC is I think $5 not on sale, and I got at $1 on christmas sale, so it's not a veyr large investment.

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]


[Home] [Manage]

- Tohno-chan took 0.03 seconds to load -


[ an / ma / vg / foe / mp3 / vn ] [ fig / navi / cr ] [ so / mai / ot / txt / 日本 / mt ] [ irc / ddl / arc / ns / fb / pic ] [ home ]