/so/ - Ronery
NEET is not a label, it's a way of life!

Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1352 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 144799093120.jpg - (99.09KB , 1280x720 , 1368583761612.jpg )
20969 No. 20969 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Posting in a dead board
8 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20987 [Edit]
I can only think of one case in the entire history of the internet in which the death of a good imageboard wasn't caused by an influx of noobs. In every other case the board admin didn't spend the server fees on drugs and the board died because noobs showed up and started chatting amongst themselves, drowning the established user base who created the content which attracted noobs to the site initially. So, if the site you like is too slow then just be happy that you have a site you like at all.
>> No. 21071 [Edit]
What should we talk about?
>> No. 21092 [Edit]
>>21071
There's nothing to talk about. There was never something to talk about, at least in respect to /so/ because any kind of discussion would be better served in a board where its the actual main topic with people knowledgeable about it. Boards like this are just stupid because they encourage self defeating attitudes and mediocrity, 2 things that got you in this hole in first place. No one here is retarded enough to actually need "advice" and venting becomes addicting instead of helpful. This is why this retard >>20979 is wrong and this place will stay half-dead like its been for years. Unchanging, with the same userbase that has exhausted most topics. But hey if thats what you want who am I to judge? It just seems an obvious contradiction to me to admit wanting more posts yet have that unwelcoming attitude towards new posters.
>> No. 21110 [Edit]
>>20974
>/r9k/, as well as wizchan
pls no

File 144506867860.jpg - (91.12KB , 1280x720 , [Commie] Valkyrie Drive ~Mermaid~ - 01 [67AD5F69]_.jpg )
20803 No. 20803 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Do you think you'll ever loose your virginity?
If you already have Get out
26 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20865 [Edit]
>>20864
>stop browsing any of the chans
this can be one of the best things you can do atm. good luck.
>> No. 21007 [Edit]
I hope not, but I'm sure I won't.
>> No. 21075 [Edit]
>>20847
fucking sage
>> No. 21273 [Edit]
sex is stupid. it takes more effort to move your hips than your hands. not to mention, it's just as dirty as fapping, or moreso. and you accidentally may put more fuckups into the world or get an awful disease.

applying your hand to your penis means that you can stimulate yourself exactly as you need it. it's a perfect feedback loop. fapping costs nothing and can be done pretty much anytime or anywhere. and almost anyone can do it.

I'm not asexual and I've had ``experience'' in my past, but I honestly can't tell why someone would obsess over having / not having sex unless their hormones are controlling their mind. In which case, there is an easy solution: fap it off.

File 143276614498.jpg - (67.36KB , 468x318 , 1217968929946.jpg )
20168 No. 20168 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Is anyone here growing bored with the internet? I am, and I don't think it is because I'm depressed, because I still find joy and interest in other things.

I'm going to move somewhere in a month, and I'm thinking about not getting internet there. Of course, I still need the internet to pay bills, check up on my accounts, and follow this place and a few other sites on occasion, but I can just use the wi-fi at the local university for that. Maybe if it gets too bad, I will have to invest in some internet service, but that won't make me like it any more than I already do.

I just see the internet as a waste of time. And I'm not even on it a whole lot. My computer, sure, but I usually do stuff on my computer, like write non-fiction and poetry. The internet is a wonderful thing to obtain free porn and such, but that stuff isn't good for you. There is also music from bandcamp, neat pictures, as well as the occasional interesting discussion and the ability to share your works with the world, but that is really about it.

I don't know. Something started happening around 2009, I guess. I started becoming more alienated around others as people online became far more caustic in order to be "cool". And these were usually on sites where people had an identity. What made it worse, though, was how the whole SJW thing took off in 2011 and now everyone is a pathetic cuckhold who gets offended by everything (well, outside of the 8chan people and to a lesser extent the 420chan people, but both groups kind of suck). Out of everyone I know online, I can think of maybe five or so people who I at least consider interesting. It used to be that I could find a lot more people like that, but maybe that was because I was much younger, the internet was not dominated by social media, and people were more free to be their true selves rather than hiding under an anonymous entity.

The whole groupthink thing about the current trends of the internet fascinate me, but at the same time they depress me as well. I hate the people on /baph/ just as much as I hate SJWs; I see them as a bunch of try-too-hards. I just can't relate to anyone now, because everyone is so polarized and even here, the standards of what and how you should be are so rigid. Don't get me wrong, I love this place, but
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
18 posts and 5 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20498 [Edit]
>>20488
Same. Internet addiction ruined my life.
>> No. 20504 [Edit]
I miss how the internet was back in the last decade. The internet these days seems more a copy of daytime television or at least it's heading in that direction.
>> No. 20507 [Edit]
>>20489
Just go on IRC or share your Skype in random threads. #t-c is pretty friendly cool and hip!!!
>> No. 21006 [Edit]
I didn't get bored of the internet, I got pissed off at the internet.

File 141779801093.jpg - (77.55KB , 831x505 , night traffic.jpg )
19152 No. 19152 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Anyone here like to drive?
I really like cruising around for no particular reason.
It's one of the few times where I can be among other people and feel equal to them.
I can be around people without having to talk to them.
19 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 19218 [Edit]
>>19206
Driving gets easier over time. There's nothing that will help other than experience.
At first it can be scary or overwhelming, but the more you do it, the more relaxed you'll be.
>> No. 19220 [Edit]
I don't like real long drives, but I enjoy going out for 30-45 minutes with some music playing.
It's too cold now, but my favorite times to drive are when the sun is out but it isn't too hot. Small breeze is nice too.
I roll my windows down, turn on some chill music, and drive down back roads at whatever pace I feel like going.

Driving all alone like that makes me feel really at peace. My mother likes to say I'm wasting gas, but my dad understands.
>> No. 21005 [Edit]
It can be nice if there are no other cars on the road, otherwise I often get annoyed at other people. Even so, after doing it for long enough I start to dislike it.
>> No. 21367 [Edit]
I don't like it. I feel like wasting my time because (if I really need to go somewhere for whatever reason) I could sit in a bus/train reading a book instead.
Most people are fucking retards too, I wonder why there aren't much more accidents happening.

File 144807102324.jpg - (21.53KB , 225x209 , 1444054509552.jpg )
20983 No. 20983 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I'm trying and failing to study for an exam tomorrow. I know the more I do, the better off I'll be, but I feel sick knowing that I'll never study enough in time to ace this thing.

What have you been putting off recently? Has it come back to bite you as hard in the ass as it has for me?
>> No. 20986 [Edit]
>exam

Tell all your "bros" at NT University we said hi

File 144366985241.gif - (2.87MB , 640x360 , a228ce1c9eccf07d179b274ab33df329.gif )
20714 No. 20714 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Lets see if we can lift some spirits around here!

What's something nice that happen to you recently? even if things aren't looking their brightest surely there must have been some highlight to your week?
18 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20887 [Edit]
Finally got into Gold in the SC2 LotV beta after almost 400 games. Picking up macro and such rather than learning all-ins and cheesing like I did last year in WoL. APM around 60, Protoss...
>> No. 20913 [Edit]
I drew a UR card in valkyrie crusade with a %400 self attack up buffer. That let me switch out my old main card I've been using for months.
>> No. 20958 [Edit]
Every day is the same for me. Nothing ever changes.
>> No. 20968 [Edit]
Fuck, that one's hard, let me think..

I bought a new mouse, the cheapest one.
That's the highlight of the past 2 months.

File 144280642114.jpg - (45.78KB , 559x600 , 1094775_549613275099945_1273151083_n.jpg )
20668 No. 20668 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I'm so despondent about everything. Everything I try goes totally wrong. There's no escape from this hole here. I feel drained. So far, I still haven't found a real purpose in life. Sometimes, I'm afraid to get out of bed in the morning. There's nothing to get up for.
6 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20711 [Edit]
It's truly sickening to be able to see your own country crumble under your very own eyes. My people perish and there's no-one to go ahead and finally put a stop to it.

Mr Goebbels was depressed in the 20s, but what about his soul brother in these days where all the free speech is suppressed in Europe? The best propaganda is truth, as he might have said, but the truth is already hate-speech here.
>> No. 20774 [Edit]
>>20676
Not implying that you're wrong or right about OP, but one thing I'm interested in is the fact that I've been depressed since middle school and chalked it up to "teenage hormones" for the majority of my teenage years. Only once I reached around 16 or 17 did I realize I was actually legitimately depressed and it hasn't ever gone away. So I guess my point is just that "teenager" and "depressed" aren't mutually exclusive. Not that this is an excuse to allow underage to post on TC, of course, but just something I noticed about myself that your comment brought up.
>> No. 20857 [Edit]
I lost my escapism by 17 which is when I started to feel truly hopeless.

I used to push things for the future when my issues started, and now the future caught up with me I have nothing enjoyable that I can live for. fuck
>> No. 20923 [Edit]
>>20774
Don't worry, it's not teenage hormones, the depression goes on and your life finds a way to fuck you up. Wish you the best.

File 144686777136.jpg - (131.17KB , 1024x819 , 7d7a7f5e91412a563e670b5e6424b5b7.jpg )
20910 No. 20910 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Dont mind me just testing.
>> No. 20911 [Edit]
File 144686780860.jpg - (232.36KB , 835x960 , 3acd570893c0e1d4057553dc23b6d034.jpg )
20911
>> No. 20912 [Edit]
File 144686783124.jpg - (85.51KB , 650x766 , 5fdf361628b9432291e040758ed55ff5.jpg )
20912
still just testing

File 140296973640.jpg - (74.80KB , 1280x720 , tru yuutaa.jpg )
17719 No. 17719 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Do you have any talents? Not just with talents you can market for your job, but they could be useless things (combos, stunts, glitches) in video games or the like that most other people find hard, it could be something simple with your fingers or body.

I suppose having a high rank just from leveling video game characters and having "good taste" doesn't count because most people could go and claim that.
16 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 17807 [Edit]
>>17742
I'm pretty good at that, too!

>>17751
You know it!
>> No. 20880 [Edit]
If you give me a minute I can cry at will
>> No. 20901 [Edit]
File 14464304464.gif - (2.52MB , 400x225 , 1418017719877.gif )
20901
I'm mentally dense to the point that I can't hold heavy emotions like anger and sometimes even anxiety.

I was in an accident and never got checked after it so it may of knocked me into a state of mentally retarded bliss.

I also have a hard time taking things seriously.
>> No. 21205 [Edit]
To draw, apparently.

File 144222050958.jpg - (390.70KB , 1400x865 , moe 159614 sample.jpg )
20596 No. 20596 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Do you ever feel that your life is completely empty? Like you're missing something?
8 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20755 [Edit]
File 144432916771.png - (3.42MB , 1260x1800 , 52218349_p0.png )
20755
The sad thing is that most people are very superficial and shallow, and don't even realize it. They live on the surface and only pay attention to mere appearances, and I think that it is this that makes them retarded.

It takes a surprising amount of intelligence (or at least wisdom) to always keep in mind that you cannot rely on absolutes, or judge a book by its cover.

Are you interested in existentialism? It seems like you would be.
>> No. 20765 [Edit]
>>20755
I suppose I am, though I have not read much existentialist literature. I did read No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai.
>> No. 20769 [Edit]
>>20754
I relate to this heavily anon
That dissociation is my everyday experience. And the face thing. Faces are just super realistic masks. Life is weird as fuck.
>> No. 20773 [Edit]
>>20754
It's because everything is meaningless, really. I'm pretty much just living on momentum now. I've become reliant on that momentum to keep me going or else I'd just off myself. Not that I don't want to, but I don't really have the energy to. I don't even know if energy is the right word--I guess it's like I'm a ball rolling down a hill and it's easier to just keep rolling aimlessly than to force myself to stop. It's just that the hill is the most boring and worthless thing to have ever existed and there's nothing I'd rather do than stop. I know that once I get to the bottom I'll stop automatically, so I'm just waiting it out.

File 144265618418.jpg - (113.13KB , 800x700 , 0897.jpg )
20657 No. 20657 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
So the other day I was running a search on my drives for a rather vague term (sd) and among the results was some 3dpd porn. At first I thought I unknowingly downloaded some nasty virus that dumped the stuff on my drive, or some old temp files from a site I mistakenly visited once. But no it was stuff I saved years ago and completely forgot about. The interesting thing is I looked over some of the stuff out of morbid curiosity, and while it was clearly stuff that should have appealed to my personal tastes I found it all rather repulsive and made me feel dirty.

I've been a long time 2d lover 3d hater, but I guess I never truly grasped how disgusting and disturbing I found 3dpd pornography to be before this. I haven't pursued the stuff in ages or had any urge to and always thought 3dpd was gross, but I didn't realized how truly far I had gone. I almost want to say it was horrifying to look at and I was having trouble understanding how people could fap to this stuff. Objectively speaking there wasn't anything abnormal about the images or those in them, most guys would probably call it "hot" but I found it so... alien. I guess what I'm trying to say is I went from being uninterested in 3dpd, to being physically incapable of being interested in 3dpd. It's not a preference for me anymore but an absolute. I honestly think at this point if I saw a real naked woman in person I'd probably puke, even if she was some sort of model.
7 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20702 [Edit]
>>20697
>I have a fetish door poorly drawn geometric figures
i was going to make a joke about trapezoid on hexagon porn, but you really just gave me this idea for nonrepresentational porn which is really fantastically erotic if you think about it long enough.
>> No. 20727 [Edit]
Are there specific reasons for why 3DPD is disgusting in your eyes in addition to aesthetics?

For me, it's digestion, glands, mucous membrane and shit like that.
Beside that I really find knees repulsing. I don't know why, it's just something I really can't stand seeing. I'm glad that most 2D qts have no knees (patellae). I prefer 2D girls in idealized form, so obviously I really can't fap to scat or guro (I respect those fetishes though), sweat is okay for me as long as it isn't overemphasized like the focus being on the smell or snuffing or something like that.
>> No. 20731 [Edit]
>>20727
I don't know, I feel like I'm one of the few people who isn't that critical of 3DPD when it comes to looks. If it's porn or something I might be disgusted, but if it's just some person I'm talking to or someone I see walking down the street I won't judge them for being 3DPD or compare them to 2D because it just seems wrong to me. It's mostly personality that turns me off, girls who are overly promiscuous or extremely selfish and self-centered are people I feel genuinely disgusted by.
>> No. 20821 [Edit]
I can't stand the sight of anything even remotely human-looking, so that includes drawn humans. They always look so awkward and unnatural.

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]


[Home] [Manage]



[ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ $ / mai / mt / ot / so / tat / txt / 日本 ] [ arc / ddl / fb / irc / lh / lol / ns / pic / sub ] [ home ]