This is a board for topics that don't fit on other boards, but that are still otaku/hobby related.
Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: BMP, EPUB, GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, MP4, OGG, PDF, PNG, PSD, SWF, TORRENT, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 2049 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 147287579036.jpg - (67.24KB , 600x500 , 1424663690962.jpg )
29398 No. 29398 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Do you hate pizza?
13 posts and 4 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 30775 [Edit]
I only hate it when retards dump a salad on it.
>> No. 30776 [Edit]
>>30775
Vegetarian pizza is preferable, in my case. This is despite me eating meat regularly. Am I special?
>> No. 30781 [Edit]
File 150998972891.png - (647.53KB , 600x924 , 1e6fade52e6244dfa04c76b72df0dd4e.png )
30781
I don't care what people put on their pizza as long as I can enjoy my own.
>> No. 30794 [Edit]
>>30776
Special needs maybe.

File 14661641323.jpg - (98.31KB , 440x380 , 1466027686247.jpg )
29153 No. 29153 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
What do you think about IRC and other chat services like discord
Do you use them? I think it would be cool if I found one where I could jump in and casually talk about things like the game I'm playing right now, but so far I haven't
10 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 30712 [Edit]
IRC was really nice. I believe only Freenode is active and growing (slowly) nowadays though, which is saddening.
>> No. 30719 [Edit]
IRC is not that bad.

Discord, though... after witnessing a couple myself, and also founding my own this software is a minefield of circlejerks, facebook memes and bizarre community conflicts. It may be possible to occasionally find decent places in it, but overall its design with trivially created servers and system of invites breeds mostly splintered messes of incestual cliques on a scale and frequency that IRC can't even compare to.
>> No. 30721 [Edit]
>>30719

So your own server turned into this? Maybe you invited the wrong people then. (You can make it so only you can invite people if that's a problem) The thing with discords built in meme messages, this is annoying as fuck. I wish they would get rid of this and make it more professional.

If you go looking for other servers on google or something yeah you're only going to find normie crap. And discord does attract more of these people because of how it's marketed and since it's more user friendly, but it's not like you have to interact with these people.

>minefield of circlejerks

IRC and imageboards are full of this. IRC is less normies but the communities are full of their own sub cultural circlejerks even if it's anti-normie ones.

Post edited on 27th Oct 2017, 9:31am
>> No. 30723 [Edit]
>>30721
No, my own one's still relatively clean, but others aren't so lucky. Poor management / incompetence to invite bullshit with excess channel splitting (whatever happened to having one channel, IRC-style, to keep things more focused?), emotes, polls and the other cool features makes the good old days of limited technology seem better by comparison, without all this new crap to ruin your discussion quality with.

It's true that circlejerks are everywhere but I've not managed to encounter the "hivemind spread across 10 servers for eceleb whoring" thing outside Discord, at least with imageboards or IRC channels there's usually only a couple of boards or channels dedicated to a particular group, but the Discord rabbit hole reaches far and wide. Maybe it's just Discord being that much bigger.

File 150845398394.gif - (499.53KB , 500x333 , 1508236826401.gif )
30695 No. 30695 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
What are you interested in? In the sense of a deeper understanding, like film composition, character design, politics, science, sociology, that sort of thing? And why?
3 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 30699 [Edit]
>>30697
>seems like there is almost no interest in that topic here anymore.
I have no idea what to talk about.
>> No. 30700 [Edit]
>>30699
You just say what your thoughts and opinions are on things you've recently seen, post screen caps, or comment on things you feel are worth commenting on. You can also get anal and chew other people out for saying things you don't like or agree with, or for asking stupid questions like many others here.
>> No. 30703 [Edit]
>>30697
Be the change you want to see?
>> No. 30704 [Edit]
>>30700
Oh, hey, that's what I do.

File 150775540373.jpg - (161.28KB , 437x707 , a0ad976dc3ef03132db301d6cd670e68.jpg )
30639 No. 30639 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
My mentally abusive, alleged "father" threw a remote control hard at me, this evening. Before that, I said that even his favourite mainstream media outlet SVT has said that basically no migrants have gotten jobs, recently (or "newly arrived" as they creepily are called, here, to explain to Swedes that they are here to forever stay and replace us); either because they haven't been qualified or don't want any, as their article said. He immediately came up with some migrant that had changed tires on his car, the other day, and that he worked "far more effectively" than the others around him. I said I would rather have seen that that job had gone to someone from here (they automatically get jobs as all Nordics now are consider second-grade people, by the state, but he's too unintelligent to get that, despite that it's been said it will be done by those he has voted in). Then when he realized I was right, he as usual started to point out how worthless I am. I pointed out that it's hard to get back to life when you have been harassed to despair by the psychiatry (he, by the way, has several times commended the worst of those psychiatrists and said "he only wanted to help me" and that my life would be good if I had listened (they wanted to commit me, give me ECT and antipsychotics, mainly for wearing "odd clothes" (normal, nowadays), being a vegetarian and wanting to become a farmer)). He said something nasty I can't remember so I said I would be better off dead. He said something like "die then," to which I replied that I actually think I might have breast cancer so maybe I will (I've realized I have faint, wide lumps where they shouldn't be, on my chest, that definitely aren't fat lumps). Then he threw the controller on me and stormed off. Then he returned, saying that if I don't stop being a "fascist" and change my attitude, he will send me out of the house. If he does that, I won't have my only reason of living, anymore; our dog.

I've decided to try to go mute in order to not speak with him. I prayed as hard as I could that he would die, but so far, none of those prayers have been listened to. Just further proof that no good god exists. I'll talk as little as possible with my mom, too, as he feels provoked when I ta
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
5 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 30655 [Edit]
>>30647
Well.... war is never nice, though. Even if you'd get to kill all who would deserve it, lots of terrible, nightmarish stuff would happen along the way. One can only, well, attempt to pray that it won't be that bad....

Oh, the day after, he acted like nothing had happened, the day before. Even was in a good mood. I'm not sure if he understands how much damage he is doing to me, mentally... and his behaviour is just making me get even more extreme. Of course, he has no idea of deeper views of mine... his view of a "fascist" is someone who doesn't want immigration. Kind of odd how he not once talks about rescuing the persecuted Boer in South Africa or the fact that Poland has taken in lots of *actual* refugees from Ukraine. He just repeats the official EU narrative, like a parrot. It's kind of odd how he's become so politically correct, because before I realized how lied to I have been, throughout the years, he was the one who kept talking about how migrants are a problem. It's almost as if he feels I "stole his thing" so now he needs to think the opposite to what he previously did.

>>30643
Yes, although their view of me was incorrect. However, I did end up getting free money after getting harassed so badly by the psychiatry.... they ruined my life, so I'm not the slightest bit thankful for it. And I do have an apartment but I hate being there. At least at home, there is our dog and my mom. I really should just get a storage place for the stuff in my apartment and move out.... even if it'd have to be back home. If I'd just stop talking anything political with him, and never responding to anything he says that I disagree with, it should be fine..

>>30649
Yeah, all artists need to be medicated, in their view. They'd really have loved to "correct" Nikola Tesla, too.

Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 30657 [Edit]
>>30655
Not him but about war... "Lots of terrible, nightmarish stuff" is already my life. It could get worse with war but not by much and every day I care less.
>> No. 30658 [Edit]
I feel you anon. My mom is similar to your father, plus she drinks. She doesn't throw stuff at me but she threw a brick into my window once. For me the only thing that works is not talking to her at all and avoid her as much as I can.

>>if I don't stop being a "fascist" and change my attitude, he will send me out of the house

Can he actually do that? I mean what's the law in your country about this and who owns the house, your mom or him? Is your apartment stable / paid for on the long term? If yes, then maybe you should just move and visit your mom and your dog when he is not at home. And before anything else certainly go and see a doctor.
>> No. 30660 [Edit]
File 150807644791.jpg - (628.96KB , 2560x1600 , We_need_to_keep_going.jpg )
30660
>>30655
>Well.... war is never nice, though.
Sure, but getting a influenza injection isn't either, but it's best to get it done. And war will really test my limits, I want to know just what I can acheive when pushed.
Nobody really deserves to die, though I sure would like certain groups exterminated, but that doesn't mean they deserve it, it's just what personally think is best and I wouldn't grieve over their removal.

>I'm not sure if he understands how much damage he is doing to me, mentally... and his behaviour is just making me get even more extreme
Yeah, sounds like mine. I've concluded he must be a sort of psycopath, since clearly he is unable to process other's emotions.
Best advice I can give is to just stop talking to him.

File 150356852525.png - (11.81KB , 350x300 , 5a99bd89bc00022940954e903eb15d6121b8718e.png )
30438 No. 30438 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
What relaxing things do you like to do, Anon?
5 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 30452 [Edit]
Drive recklessly at night, and watch slice of life/cute girls doing cute things types of anime.
>> No. 30610 [Edit]
I read a lot
while reading i engulf myself completely with comfyness and good feelings
Its the thing i enjoy the most
>> No. 30612 [Edit]
anime watching and discussion
>> No. 30617 [Edit]
I sometimes watch asmr, that's relaxing.

File 150041017639.jpg - (10.07KB , 250x203 , 1422764201649s.jpg )
30324 No. 30324 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Have you gone outside lately? Did something terrible happen? Post it here so the rest of us can learn to avoid similar situations or just to remind people not to go out. No photos please.

Yesterday I went out and numerous strangers attempted to make eye contact with me as I walked down the sidewalk. It was awful, I knew that if I acknowledged their existence there was a risk of further interaction, so I deftly avoided it by looking at other things.
26 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 30589 [Edit]
>>30584
Asuka. I really, really didn't like her on the first viewing of NGE, but when watching EoE I realized that I empathized with her a lot. I guess I developed a feeling of connection to her that I felt with no other character, not even Shinji.
>> No. 30592 [Edit]
>>30589
It is said that people you hate generally have traits that you yourself have and subconsciously dislike/deny, thereby hating them is a defence-mechanism to protect your ego.
>> No. 30593 [Edit]
As I was walking down the street, I passed a group of people, one of whom asked me if I "smoke weed fam". Being talked to by a stranger is bad enough already! I said "n-no thanks" and continued on. This is sadly quite a common occurrence where I live. I hope this post isn't against the rules, sorry if it is.
>> No. 30594 [Edit]
>>30572
"It's your own fault", favorite of Ford Motor Company chauffeurs throughout millennia. As bullshit today as it was 2.5k years ago but you can't go wrong with that classic.
>>30592
That is often said. By idiots who like to think that even those who hate them are secretly on their side.

File 150690987684.jpg - (62.87KB , 571x514 , 20226108b6f12200a84d64be3aa0bbbf96f52370.jpg )
30586 No. 30586 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
>Studying is hard.
>Games are hard.
>Sports are boring and hard.
>Talking to people is nice but tough without any hobbies of my own it gets exhausting and I'm too lazy to do it sometimes.
>Movies are awful and I hate them, mostly American movies, they fucking suck.
>American TV is boring as shit and even difficult to sit through. I really don't want to waste even a millisecond of my boring life on some faggot ass Big Bang Theory shit.
>Anime is boring and kind of painful because it's just about a bunch of preteen/teen kids that did cool stuff I wanted to do but never could.
>Manga is the same thing.
>LNs are unavailable to me because I can't reading moonrunes and I don't wanna learn.
>Internet went to shit after normals flooded the place for some dumb reason.
>Cooking is kind of nice.
>Going outside is nice too because there are no memes in a nature park or a Chick-Fil-A. It's so refreshing.
>Art is hard to do right but I try.
>I have to pay money to even think.

Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 30588 [Edit]
Well all I ever really wanted out of life was to go on adventures and have superpowers and explore the galaxy so I feel you OP. I hate thinking that I'm going to die having never experienced my dream.
>> No. 30591 [Edit]
File 150695423951.gif - (828.09KB , 500x281 , 1472914892142.gif )
30591
'Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.'
>> No. 30715 [Edit]
Art is very powerful. You should try to create, even just as an outlet.

I have a lot of thoughts on the subject but I'll leave it at this: I believe that some form of the meaning we simultaneously created and were torn away from through our birth exists in art, in your own self-expression. Even if it's just for your own consumption, it's still cathartic and liberating. "Music is everything. God himself is nothing more than an acoustic hallucination." - Emil Cioran

I find fulfillment through that mainly. It's one of very few things I don't regard as tedious or depressing.

It's my treasure and a reason for tomorrow to happen.

File 146045229545.jpg - (154.82KB , 1280x720 , [Leopard-Raws] Kamisama Minarai - Himitsu no Cocot.jpg )
28839 No. 28839 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Finals this, finals that...
Is it just me or does it seem like every person on the internet is attending classes in some form or another? Do people destroy their computers when they finish school or do they just attend schools for all eternity? It feels rare to meet people online who work regular jobs and who don't still have homework to do on the side, or who are truly NEET for that matter.
16 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 30151 [Edit]
File 149498742545.jpg - (357.47KB , 800x800 , 149061150968.jpg )
30151
I have written philosophy and posted it here before, but my degree is in Experimental Psychology.

I won't lie, higher education can do wonders for your intellect so long as you escape the whole liberal hivemind that tends to predominate in academia (although it wasn't so terrible when I went and I was in the American South at the time, so that makes sense that it would be more tolerable). Still, no job and no sense of real purpose. Then again, what is a real purpose? And we all know that even a high-paying job usually brings misery.

Maybe I dodged a bullet. I like to think that I'm better off, although I may not be.
>> No. 30241 [Edit]
i'm a mentally ill neet with no hope of ever getting a job. i don't mind though. i don't mind dying alone. but i do wonder where all other neets went. feels like i'm the only neet left on the internet. it's pretty lonely
>> No. 30252 [Edit]
>>30241
I'm here. I think most NEETs don't blogpost much because, well, what is there to talk about outside of our hobbies? The lifestyle is the same routine year in and year out for most I'd assume.
>> No. 30620 [Edit]
It's been years since I left school and I work a regular job. "Adults" rarely mention anything about their jobs because it's even more uneventful and boring than school. There's nothing to blog about.

File 146040121966.jpg - (190.72KB , 792x600 , fa9eabbab587872a6b1110451751e296.jpg )
28836 No. 28836 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Does anyone else find human reproduction completely revolting?
5 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 28854 [Edit]
I didn't use to, but now I do.
>> No. 28859 [Edit]
File
Removed
cervical bukkake is actually kinda my thing
>> No. 28952 [Edit]
>>28859
I thought I had already been exposed to it all, but it seems I still have a lot to learn.
>> No. 30568 [Edit]
Kind of. Sex in anime and stuff is hot, and making offspring through labs or artificial creation is cool, but 3D bodies are completely removed in my mind form what those are. 3DPD sex and reproduction are absolutely disgusting.

File 136459909389.jpg - (266.92KB , 750x1081 , KAMINA_APROVED_by_Kamina_x_Simon.jpg )
21334 No. 21334 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
After seeing the immense popularity of the what bugs you thread, I decided that I would make a thread for people to post all the awesome things (big or little) in life that simply make you happy. I understand Tohno-Chan has a lot of gripes and resentments, but we cant all be negative all the time. After all, what is negativity if we have nothing to compare it too?

<-- Obligatory Kamina Pic Related

Post edited on 29th Mar 2013, 4:42pm
42 posts and 9 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 29557 [Edit]
>>29555
pillows, pillows, and more pillows, with comforters to taste. also a setup to play games and watch anime
>> No. 29934 [Edit]
the magical period of pulling an all-nighter when you are really tired and the sun is just getting up, though I dont pull as many all nighters nowadays

the first cigarette of the day
>> No. 30498 [Edit]
People that truly get excited when talking about their interest or hobby. They have something that they love so much that they can't help but smile about it.

Isn't that wonderful?
>> No. 30504 [Edit]
my doggy and my cats, nice landscapes, cool bugs, animals, flowers, mushrooms, moss, the smell of rain, quiet places, cute touhous, napping

File 148351454794.jpg - (118.48KB , 648x677 , d7f228054b2d44b13265ccf936d9e485.jpg )
29816 No. 29816 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
How often do you bathe, /ot/? What about shaving? Do you fit into the stereotype that suggests NEETs and hikikomori have poor personal hygiene?
19 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 30458 [Edit]
Any girl so innocent and built like that gotta be named Lucille
>> No. 30515 [Edit]
I feel very uncomfortable when I'm dirty. I shower every day, trim facial hair regularly, brush teeth, clean ears, fresh clothes every day all that shit and I still stink. For some reason I can smell my weird fucking genitals all the time. I don't get it.
Haven't slept a long time and for some reason this cracks me up but really it's pretty disgusting and annoying, I don't know what to do anymore.
>> No. 30517 [Edit]
>>30515
Is it possible you're showering "wrong"? Alternatively, why not go to a doctor about it? You might have a fungal infection, which usually showering doesn't delete.
>> No. 30523 [Edit]
I barely even shower. Maybe once every two weeks at most.

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]


[Home] [Manage]



[ Rules ] [ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]