This is where you can remind us how much we suck!

Note: This website is supported by user created content to keep it active. If users (such as yourself) do not create content, you only have yourselves to blame for the lack of said content.

Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File []
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: CSS, GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, PNG, PSD, TXT, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 22222 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1521 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 146938058387.jpg - (140.27KB , 900x1120 , 01still1.jpg )
6067 No. 6067 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
A couple months ago, I was banned from /mai/ on 8chan because the guys there are failed normie fucks, and my posts were a little too strange for them to handle, but nonetheless on-topic and not against the rules.
After that happened, I made a return to this place. I wrote a five paragraph long post for the waifu introductory thread that I worked really hard on. It took me an hour and a half to write it and do some editing to the structure and content.
Not ten minutes later, I'm banned because my waifu is a furry. I hadn't read the rules; I used to be an active poster here years ago, and furries were allowed at the time. I didn't think that would've changed. (also for the record, my waifu back in those days was a furry too, and I never had any encounters with mods because my posts were always decent enough and on-topic.)


I didn't say anything at the time because it was the second time in one day that I was banned over nothing, and I was so upset that I just gave up. I was really excited to become an active member on /mai/ again with newfound enthusiasm, and was planning to post several times a day. And I got shit on twice.
I was reminded of what had happened that day just now, and I'm finally here to ask: What the fuck is with this new rule? Your site gets four posts a day, why would you blanket ban thousands of potential users on sight, regardless of their post quality or level of dedication to waifuism? Is your hatred of furries worth it?

I was never ostracized, no one seemed to care what my waifu looked like, or what anyone's waifu looked like. There was even a guy who was in love with an anthropomorphic lemon. And that's fine. No one can choose who they fall in love with. I was treated no different than anyone else here back before this stupid rule was created. And that's the way it should have stayed. Why should anybody's waifu be excluded?
There was many things people disagreed with about my approach to waifuism, and they vocalized their opinions regularly, but their criticisms never once said anything regarding furries. This new rule is a complete blindside to me. Someone explain.
17 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 6094 [Edit]
>>6092

Make it "No lewds"
>> No. 6095 [Edit]
>>6094
That seems like it should be a given.
>> No. 6281 [Edit]
>>6092
>>6091
If my opinion matters I quite like the pace this site is currently going at. This site should remain small because the quality of the posts here are extremely high, the best out of any imageboard I've seen. Increasing traffic, especially from furries who don't have a grasp of this site's culture I feel, would be detrimental to this place's overall post quality.
>> No. 6291 [Edit]
>>6281
don't worry, i was just overly enthusiastic when i wrote that.

File 148894636672.jpg - (316.77KB , 1200x1698 , 1469932611788.jpg )
6244 No. 6244 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Delete my file on /mai/ again and I leave forever.
Sometimes I'll be the only post on the board in two-three days, and you wanna run me off? Over perfectly fine pictures?

It's weird to me how you're selective about it, too, I post pictures with every one of my posts, and you've only deleted two. What's with the inconsistency?

I just spent two days solid advocating your site on 8chan, I got a new member here (who you deleted a picture by for no reason, too, nice going), so to leave from doing that and have this happen again is really fucking annoying.
14 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 6266 [Edit]
>>6265
I don't know man, I've been banned everywhere except here, and now I have like eleven guys telling me that their waifus aren't accepted here either, but mine is, and Lemongrab is, and another CGI poster is, and I don't know, it's so weird the selectivity...
>> No. 6267 [Edit]
>>6266

Maybe you are special, maybe you are like a "chosen one", it happens all the time right?
>> No. 6268 [Edit]
File 149060400456.jpg - (148.20KB , 1280x720 , [Leopard-Raws] Rilu Rilu Fairilu - Yousei no Door .jpg )
6268
>>6264
We're trying to avoid people who treat waifus like a meme/joke, and it's hard to make or enforce a "People who are serious about waifus only" rule.
In our experience many of the more unusual types of waifus end up being jokes made by people trolling us.
You, the Lemongrab person, and other such odd ones we've given free passes 'seem' to be sincerer about it. Sure plenty of people with standard animu girl waifus might be full of it too, but when someone shows up with a cereal box mascot for a waifu that raises an eyebrow. Then yeah there's the anti western mentality here on top of it. This is a site based mainly around eastern media after all. I'd like to open the doors to all waifu loves, but between fakers, 3dpd, and western stuff, we can't really do that.
>> No. 6270 [Edit]
>>6268
Oh, okay, I see. So we have "proven" ourselves. That's good enough for me, I won't stress about it anymore.

File 147917118831.png - (17.52KB , 640x528 , le-logo-standard.png )
6157 No. 6157 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Hi there. New to the chan.
I'm concerned with the lack of SSL - Security is very important to me.

Would the administrator mind getting an SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt or similar?
5 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 6213 [Edit]
>>6212
well fug...
Mind if I ask what browser you're using? I haven't had that issue with chrome/firefox
>> No. 6214 [Edit]
>>6213
I'm also not getting it on IE
>> No. 6241 [Edit]
>>6212
Same issue, and on firefox.
>> No. 6242 [Edit]
File 148892954830.jpg - (113.22KB , 1280x720 , [Leopard-Raws] Rilu Rilu Fairilu - Yousei no Door .jpg )
6242
>>6241
Sorry to hear that, although I haven't heard of anyone else having problems like that using firefox. You aren't using script/ad blockers are you? I once had something like that happen to me after accidentally adblocking the background image. Do you get that problem with different themes?

File 148700319357.jpg - (352.05KB , 1600x1295 , negimawp.jpg )
6227 No. 6227 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I forgot my mod login.
>> No. 6239 [Edit]
This is the best thread on Tohno-chan.
>> No. 6240 [Edit]
today i learned negi is a mod

File 148722558543.png - (1.20MB , 1366x768 , Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 11_18_23 PM.png )
6229 No. 6229 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I want to dispute my ban.

>>27959
The post you reference >>27948 by that criteria does deserve a ban. However this is not the post that got me banned. The post that got me banned was >>27942

A ban for that post does not violate this rule

>Reason: ex 8 ) Meta, and Complaining about the community's views/opinions. - If you've got a problem with TC or it's userbase, take it to /fb/ ("2d or 3d, moe is moe, my friend")

And yes, I did evade the ban.
3 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 6234 [Edit]
File 148723932789.jpg - (253.67KB , 700x713 , 1315640167736.jpg )
6234
Hi. I'm the mod who banned you.

Consider some other possible rules your post could fall under:

>2) Advertising and/or spamming.
>- Spamming refers to repeatedly and continuously posting large amounts of [unwelcome] content.

You should lurk more if you think anyone wants to be convinced that 3d whores are cute.

>) Posting or linking to 3D(real) pornography, or Guro.
>- By 3D(real) pornography, we refer to pornographic videos and/or images depicting any and all real world humans regardless of age. This may also include life like computer renderings of humans as well. Crazy as it might sound, we here do not much care for the sight of other human beings, especially in pornographic depictions.

Your post read like pornography to me. I did not appreciate reading your depiction of sexual encounters with 3d whores. I'm sure there are plenty of other users who are in agreement.

>7) /b/ Shit.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 6235 [Edit]
>>6233
That's a fair point and well meant. Considering the context and joviality of my post, I didn't think it would offend so easily. Clearly that was naive and a mistake on my part; I underestimated the users here. I expected a dedicated anime board to have this flavor of world views, but I did not understand that these were so close to wizardchans; I didn't know opinions were so extreme here. That being said, I still didn't violate the rules, even by your count.

>Reason: ex 8 ) Meta, and Complaining about the community's views/opinions. - If you've got a problem with TC or it's userbase, take it to /fb/ ("2d or 3d, moe is moe, my friend")

I didn't complain about your views, or intentionally antagonist anyone. I understand what I voiced was unpopular, but saying something unpopular isn't against the rules.

You have been very polite and considering the ethos of the site (which does not bother me) you have been surprisingly unbiased in your treatment of me. Thank you.

The reason I am bothering to show you that my ban was unfair is because I thought it stemmed from inappropriate behavior from your moderator. His post >>6234 pretty much proves my point.

I understand why my post might have been seen as incendiary, and to that extend, if the mod had stepped in and let me know that voicing that kind of opinion might lead to anger and arguments from other users I would have been perfectly fine to defer to his guidance, and drop it on the spot. I come here do have fun and discuss anime, I don't want to start arguments or alienate the people I talk to. But he didn't give me a warning or help me navigate my way around the site without upsetting people. He got emotional and banned me, and that was highly unprofessional. It made me mad, it was unfair, I complained, and the thread got derailed. I recognize my part in this, I could have handled things better, but I was angry. Breaking the rules deserves a ban. I voiced an unpopul
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 6236 [Edit]
>all of his new accusations are pure extrapolation

meant to say supposition
>> No. 6237 [Edit]
File 148728082078.jpg - (252.18KB , 1687x950 , 1325301620877.jpg )
6237
>I didn't complain about your views, or intentionally antagonist anyone.

You did. Re-read this part of your post. It's obvious from the first sentence.

>Hahahaha I fucking love the amount of animosity so many anime fans harbor for human women. You shouldn't deny yourself jollies from any source.

>There is no porn in my post.

It reads like erotic literature. I know the porn rule only refers to images specifically, but I think it's in the spirit of the rule.

>I didn't describe my experiences with 3d whores

then you were just writing on the way in which you'd like to have sex with them. either way nobody wants to hear about it here.

>Lol figured you'd throw this in. Enough said.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.

File 148431365386.jpg - (133.68KB , 960x720 , dog-1210559_960_720.jpg )
6186 No. 6186 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
So the site activity has been declining for quite some time now. What future do you have in mind for the site Tohno?
25 posts and 5 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 6220 [Edit]
File 148595582884.gif - (433.58KB , 500x284 , 13952.gif )
6220
>>6219
Well done, senpai. Go take a seat over there as reward.
>> No. 6221 [Edit]
>>6219

I think it still misses a sitewide ban of animated western media, mainly of cartoon shit, also I know is just under "not recomended" but the Family and loved ones should not include brothers, sisters and parents.

I assume it is not against them but it is worded in a way it implies ALL of your family members shouldn't be mentioned.
>> No. 6222 [Edit]
>>6221

I see it now, thanks.
>> No. 6223 [Edit]
nice to see you're making some changes around here tonho

File 148379630221.jpg - (166.28KB , 1024x1044 , clipart-of-a-western-sheriff-holding-a-rifle-by-pu.jpg )
6176 No. 6176 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Just think. The mods ban me, a community member for ~5 years, when they find out I'm black. But child porn? fair game?

This site is a f**king joke!
6 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 6183 [Edit]
>>6182
>You and your ilk could use some time off to catch up on all the anime you've ignored
You know like 50% of all posts on /an/ are from me right?
>> No. 6184 [Edit]
>>6182
> you people
>>6180
> you people

this is exactly what i'm talking about.
>> No. 6190 [Edit]
>none of the legit TC posters care half a shit about your skin color or your height or weight or age
Neither do people that use the irc. OP was just bored and bitter about being banned from it for a few days. If there is anyone you should be complaining about, it's OP, for bringing irc issues into the board (which no one else does).
>everybody who posts in the chat should be banned from this site
That chat's purpose is to keep the board as pure as it should be, it gives a room for people to vent their idiocy and bitterness there instead of here. Would you rather Tokiko try to talk about how he cheated on his girlfriend in /ot/?
>backslapping with their crew of 3d pals
You grossly overestimate the regard people have for each other in irc channels in general. For a lot of people another "user" might as well be a program / a.i; they don't exist outside of the channel and exclusively serve the purpose of providing the absolute minimum amount of "human" interaction to ward off insanity.
>are much too busy with their social life to have time to devote to 2d.
Not everyone has the time to devote it to 2D anymore. I'd do anything to go back to being a HikiNEET, but I have no means to do it... I'm not lucky enough to have parents or family to support my lifestyle and the government is onto me and sent me to work in such a low-skilled job that my boss literally didn't let me quit. I really do wish I could devote more time to anime, but sometimes I come home and directly go to bed.
>sure you people wear your otaku "status" on your sleeve
Not everyone calls themselves an otaku nor deems using that denomination to regards themselves higher.
>but when nobody is looking 2d stops interesting you
Not everyone hangs onto other people's words to the point they shift their interests around them.
> i bet you own more anime t-shirts than series finished.
Not everyone is able to afford anime / manga / Japanese merchandise.
>> No. 6206 [Edit]
>>6190

I dont Know, all I know is I'm the best one!

File 128925790236.jpg - (165.63KB , 650x1100 , minagi2345678.jpg )
20 No. 20 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [First 100 posts] [Last 50 posts]
I'm just gonna go ahead and list off know missing features that need implemented, and know bugs/problems that need fixing.

missing features

-post editing
-spoiler images
-multi image upload.
-theme switcher for the front page
-404 page


bugs/problems that need fixing

-repairs to themes not yet fully converted to current site.
-maximum supported upload seems to only be 7mb for the time being.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
264 posts and 25 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 5978 [Edit]
>>5976
I added em in, but yeah I don't think anyone bothers with that section. Took a few minutes to realize what you were talking about myself. I think the boards are kinda self explanatory anyways to tell the truth.
>> No. 6098 [Edit]
I'm not sure how much is the waifu.pl page related to Tohno-chan but there sure are many unused and joke(Snoop Dogg?) sites
>> No. 6188 [Edit]
quick question.

would a mod account allow one to post in a locked board?
>> No. 6204 [Edit]
>>6188
yah I think so.

File 148228795260.jpg - (661.63KB , 1750x2500 , image.jpg )
6170 No. 6170 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I'm new here, lost contact with all my friends and looking to make more because I can't handle the isolation anymore, so tell me what's on your mind, any plans for Christmas, what are you hoping to get this year?
>> No. 6171 [Edit]
This board is more for meta discussion relate directly to the site, it's rules, it's management, and so on.
What you're looking for is more /so/ I think, where people have made these sort of threads before.
>> No. 6172 [Edit]
i am hoping to get an anime girl pregnant
>> No. 6173 [Edit]
>>6172
Me too

File 146597544661.jpg - (197.27KB , 500x562 , dr0uqwp2.jpg )
5995 No. 5995 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [Last 50 posts]
Lets face it, TC is pretty dead lately. I haven't been able to post as much as usual because of a new job which eats up most of my time. It's getting to where we have 1-2 posts site wide over 48 hour periods that aren't my own. Part of it can also be blamed on a mod that used to contribute a lot but went nuts and parted ways with the site. All the same, it's gotten pretty bad.

A long time argument supporting the near dead state of TC has been the quality vs quantity issue. well I have to ask, where's the quality? It's one thing to have one or the other, but we don't have either at this point. So you don't want us to advertise, you don't want us to spread the word to other communities, you don't even want anyone to link to us, fine. but I can't support the site alone you know, and it seems like most of you reading this don't give enough of a shit to contribute much yourself. You're the reason this site is as dead as it is, you sitting there reading this.You sit there expecting other people do make content for you to just eat up but places like this can't survive like that. It needs a community to keep the ball rolling. You have the ability to keep this place going strong but you'd rather watch it die a slow painful death. When you're forced to put up with annoying retards on 4/8chan or crappy forums, don't complain about not having anywhere better to go. There exists a site free of spam memes and general idiocracy for true otaku hikimori and NEETs, It's right here right now and you're letting it drift into oblivion. To whoever is reading this; if this site should someday die, remember that you let it happen.

mazyes and loloimp guys are pretty cool though. Asuka dude too of course hella props there.
"midyear break now", "play the markets." are also alright. Probably missing a few and if I did I'm sorry, just wanted to say you guys are the heros TC deserves.
79 posts and 10 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 6154 [Edit]
>>6142
>Like Germany would still be beer state even if 90% of the population became religious Muslims.
I don't see the logic behind that.

>>6151
>That tends to happen if there isn't the occasional new blood, unfortunately.
It's not like we're opposed to it, though. There's relatively little stigma against being the new kid on the block on /tc/, because we don't really have any sort of secret culture meme lingo that you need to know to fit in. Ford Driver is just about the only thing outsiders might consider puzzling.
The problem is people find out about /tc/ through 4chan, which is only to be expected considering that's kinda where /tc/'s origins lie, and they expect /tc/ to be 4chan as well. They bring their shitpo... pardon, 'funposting', greentext, smug anime girls, shitty forced memes and expect to be in good company.
/tc/ isn't elitist against newcomers. /tc/ is elitist against shitposters.

And it's not like we can't just expect traffic considering the site's relatively serious, 'we expect fun, on topic conversations about otaku media' profile. In 2010, 2011 we were getting good traffic and good content. It's not some pipe dream, some utopia; we've had it and we've lost it. And you're right, the exact issue with these kind of communities is stagnation - old memeber leave, they're not replaced by new ones, there's no fresh blood and the community turns stale. But I don't think we've committed suicide willingly and knowingly, it's just that we never found a way to invite new quality contributors. Considering there was a time in site's history where everything was going really well I don't think it's outright impossible to just return to that state once again. But I've got to admit I don't really know how to achieve it.
>> No. 6155 [Edit]
>>6154
>I don't see the logic behind that.
It's very simple. So much so that explaining it would only cause further confusion to you I fear.

Germany is Germany; beer, pikehelmets and sauerkraut are Germany even if 90% of Germans are Turks. Intangible cultural heritage, as the United Nation refers to it. The genes of a culture.
>> No. 6156 [Edit]
>>6155
Okay, I guess I can see your point now, just that I completely disagree with it.
>> No. 6164 [Edit]
>>6131

The My Little pony Plague came from 4chan back on 2011, it is far from an "otaku" site nowadays, there is plenty of new boards, there is ashitload of them now and they are very focused on western issues.

File 147785523377.jpg - (202.45KB , 1200x900 , b4f0698f0905aae4e3148eebcca59a2c.jpg )
6143 No. 6143 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Hey hey, /tc/, /tc/, guess what day it is!

It's that time of the year again! Happy birthday!
2 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 6148 [Edit]
File 147785595434.jpg - (292.41KB , 600x416 , Spoiler Picture.jpg )
6148
7 is the luckiest number!
>> No. 6149 [Edit]
File 147785632022.png - (797.33KB , 812x806 , z.png )
6149
One year closer to peace. Happy birthday Tohno-chan.
>> No. 6150 [Edit]
File 147822797236.jpg - (222.69KB , 1200x900 , 14713193_p11.jpg )
6150
>>6143
>> No. 6169 [Edit]
How did I miss this? I was probably just a few tabs away since I'm usually always in front of my computer

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18]


[Home] [Manage]

- Tohno-chan took 0.03 seconds to load -


[ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ $ / mai / mt / ot / so / tat / txt / 日本 ] [ arc / ddl / fb / irc / lh / lol / ns / pic / sub ] [ home ]