Before posting keep this in mind; This website is supported by user created content to keep it active.
If users (such as yourself) do not create content, you only have yourselves to blame for the lack of said content.


Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File []
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: ASS, BMP, CSS, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PDF, PNG, PSD, RAR, SWF, TORRENT, TXT, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1507 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 136753457259.png - (29.15KB , 800x473 , 1342830262426.png )
3838 No. 3838 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
A few reminders:

- There is a hide thread button.
- Meta shit ALWAYS goes in /fb/, not the thread that offends you.
- If you have an idea for a decent thread, post it. Don't complain about the lack of content until you at least try to encourage it yourself.
- Posting in a thread just to whine about it only serves to increase the thread's lifespan by promoting arguments.
- People will inevitably ragepost in threads they don't like. Take it easy and let them keep raging instead of responding.
- You don't need to announce that you think [x] is better than TC and you're leaving. Just leave.
- Relax.
8 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3881 [Edit]
File 136816536419.jpg - (159.32KB , 1352x1200 , lain all pumped up and whatnot.jpg )
3881
>>3879
>It sends a message to the person getting banned

It doesn't
The only thing a person who "gets banned" takes away from the experience is the knowledge that the moderators are assholes. Nobody ever thinks to themselves "oh I got banned, I guess I'd better straighten up and fly right". Anonymous posters on imageboards are extremely egotistical and they rarelyAKA never admit a mistake. They don't need to because they can just jump on another IP and keep doing whatever they want.

I made this picture to illustrate why I'm right and you're wrong.
>> No. 3882 [Edit]
>>3878

>people who are constantly complaining that they want X type of content or Y type of end user banned from the site need to realize that the moderators really have no ability to fulfill the demands placed upon them.

Depends. If they say 'I want OreImo gone' or 'I want shoujo threads gone from /an/' then sure, it's not happening. However, if they say 'I want Ford Driver shit gone' and 'I want 4chan lingo gone' then there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

>once everyone accepts that fact then they can also accept the fact that they have to either learn to take it easy

One day you too may realize that some people find in plain impossible to take it easy in an environment of ironic shitposting and epik maymays.

>>3881

>The only thing a person who "gets banned" takes away from the experience is the knowledge that the moderators are assholes.

Are you genuinely brain damaged? Look at >>3841 and tell me he didn't deserve to get (perma)banned. Go ahead.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 3883 [Edit]
>>3882
yeah it's easy for mods to remove, prohibit, or restrict content. more so the more specific you get. wanting staff to create things with complaints about board speed or quality posters, that's just a pipe dream.
>> No. 3885 [Edit]
File 136819988434.jpg - (9.43KB , 251x112 , 482636_544586608909270_52159375_n.jpg )
3885
>>3882
>epik maymays

File 136702092231.png - (791.08KB , 1499x1124 , 1365734676676.png )
3823 No. 3823 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
There has been a spate of deliberate shitposting here. Please don't hesitate to delete posts and/or ban. It is not someone who accidentally posted something unacceptable, it is someone who is deliberately trying to be an ass.
8 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3833 [Edit]
I don't know what is going on here. The decline in quality this last month has been abysmal. I would like to see a return to stricter moderation, and fuck anyone who complains. Less sarcastic one-liners, pointless/random threads like 'how old are you' or threads with just a picture and no text, references to other boards, etc etc. I thought the moderation did fine in the past in discerning what should and should not be punished, and I think it's time you stepped in and reminded everyone that what has been going lately is unacceptable.
>> No. 3835 [Edit]
>>3833
>The decline in quality this last month has been abysmal

everyone left for /ota/, which is - coincidentally - a bit over a month old and is actually fun to be on.
the only people who are still on /tc/ are the type who like to complain incessantly about other people's posts.
>> No. 3836 [Edit]
>>3835

/ota/ is more or less the same terrible shit as 4chan unless its changed drastically in the last few weeks or so since I last saw it, so good riddance to anyone who would prefer there over here.

Not that this place has been very good lately either (3D woman thread still going strong in /so/!)

Post edited on 30th Apr 2013, 5:35pm
>> No. 3837 [Edit]
>>3835

If you dislike /tc/ that much and /ota/ is that much fun could you leave please? Thanks in advance.

File 136626455955.jpg - (31.78KB , 500x319 , 500x1000px-LL-dd26c13a_576822-sandw_jpeg.jpg )
3787 No. 3787 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
The local moderation team's unwillingness to forcibly quiet those who are unable to take it easy has allowed those who are unable to take it easy to drive away a large fraction of this site's decent contributors. As it is currently, there are people (AKA those who are unable to take it easy) complaining in almost every thread about the thread being a shit thread. It has been expressed in the past that metacommentary should be restricted to this board, but the moderation staff is not restricting metacommentary to this board and this allows those people who willfully flaunt the local metacommentary etiquette to feel empowered to continue to whine and complain in almost every thread. You gave these people a hide function and a metacommentary board and an IRC to complain in.
I'm sure that you've noticed how much slower tohno-chan has become and this is probably part of the reason. Nobody wants to post when they know that there are a dozen "imageboard experts" poised waiting for the opportunity to abuse the poster.
People have left in droves for /ota/ because the environment here has become so unpleasant.
3 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3791 [Edit]
>>3790
You don't necessarily need to think all that as a negative, you could also be proud that your application will go straight to the top of the pile if you ever want to be a moderator on 7chan.
>> No. 3792 [Edit]
>>3791
Why would I want to be a mod on 7chan?
Why would I want to be on 7chan?
>> No. 3794 [Edit]
File 136633989981.gif - (22.83KB , 400x492 , mr_burns.gif )
3794
…exactly…
>> No. 3834 [Edit]
File 13673613966.jpg - (137.54KB , 798x643 , 1296973072946.jpg )
3834
>>3790
>Hell I got banned the other day for posting a photo of shit in a thread where everyone was complaining about shit posting.

>>3792
>Why would I want to be on 7chan?
/cake/

File 136660527844.png - (119.98KB , 851x483 , rp.png )
3798 No. 3798 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
How come /TC/ no longer cares about otaku topics such as anime, manga, VNs, hentai, etc.?
Look at where all the traffic is on this site: neurotypicals talking about sexual politics on /so/ and motorists discussing 3DPD shit on the off topic board.

Have you thought about registering Wohno-chan? The W is for wannabe because I get a pretty strong impression that most of the current class of end users on this site adopted the pretense of otaku to give them "cred" on 4chan as they certainly don't actually care the least bit about the actual topics that would appeal to the typical otaku.

Its rare these days to even see an /an/ appear on the front page, let alone a /ma/ or really any of the otaku boards.
10 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3818 [Edit]
>>3817

Do you absolutely positively have to say this every time this subject is mentioned? We got it the first time, there's no need to repeat this.
>> No. 3820 [Edit]
>>3816
>/so/ was created well after tohno-chan was already well established

Thats news to me. My memory fails me but I think its been there since ib4f. Maybe it was made during the .tk era, and there were very few users then.

4-ch isn't really appropriate for most of us, as you can see maybe ten percent of users posting there are actually completely new to *chans, and you can tell through their naive sort of posting style and putting their real names in the name area (I think they somehow end up there via Google).
>> No. 3821 [Edit]
>>3820

It has, it hasn't even been half a year between the creation of /tc/ and /so/, hell, I'm not even sure if it has even been half of that, I don't remember it that well. But yeah it's a completely pointless argument.
>> No. 4366 [Edit]
>>3821
You are so wrong. It's been here since the beginning.

>>3820
You're correct. It's been here since the first few weeks of ib4f days.

File 136666666652.png - (2.85KB , 260x19 , Untitled.png )
3806 No. 3806 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
i think the namefield's link color is too similar to the subjectfield's color so that when someone uses the emailfield it makes it look like the name is part of the post's subject
>> No. 3807 [Edit]
OP pic is from a thread on a different board in which the OP used the name field, btw

File 136610231111.png - (17.98KB , 500x375 , :ota:scoped bird cooking spag bol.png )
3783 No. 3783 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
can i post pics of myself on tohno-chan if i rotoscope them?
1 post and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3785 [Edit]
>>3784
>http://www.ota-ch.net/jp/src/1365972049222.jpg
You've haven't been cheating on /ota/ have you?
>> No. 3786 [Edit]
No
>> No. 3796 [Edit]
Yeah
>> No. 3802 [Edit]
Well, if you're just anxious about showing yourself in here... well... no.

If you just want to tangentially bitch about Aku no Hana here in /fb/, you should better join the thread on /an/ and express your thoughts there.

If you actually want to do something nice about it, regardless of it being based on yourself or not, I'd say you can and you should post it on /cr/.

Post edited on 22nd Apr 2013, 3:10am

File 136565897551.jpg - (35.46KB , 530x273 , 498924-bleach_naruto_one_piece.jpg )
3750 No. 3750 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
do you think you could make a special hidden board for one piece/naruto/bleach discussion and move the oremio thread into it?
oremio is the same tier of anime as naturo, et al. and the oremio thread is shitting up /an/
i don't know what the secret hidden boards here are, but i've heard there are a lot of them and i get the impression that the hidden boards is where most of the tohno-chan posters are, so why not move the oremio thread to one of the "inner circle" boards instead of having it shit up /an/?
6 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3775 [Edit]
Snything popular is a ford driver anime
>> No. 3778 [Edit]
>>3752
You don't even understand what otaku means. Hyouge Mono isn't otaku anime.
>> No. 3811 [Edit]
>>3752
>Gaiafag

Why do you keep speaking this way? Are you 14 years old? That would also explain why people talking about an anime you don't like upsets you so much, I guess.
>> No. 3839 [Edit]
Stop liking things I don't like!

File 136567601538.png - (1.06MB , 960x480 , 59a159a56a366acd2c0cf108245e5dbf.png )
3755 No. 3755 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Time to axe /fb/. Nothing good came out of it in years and the threads reached an all time low lately.

Does anyone see any reason whatsoever to leave it be? Aside from creating 'stop liking shows I don't like' threads I mean.
3 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3761 [Edit]
>>3759
The banner thread is no longer needed, the site already has a lot of banners and nobody has even posted in the banner thread in two months because the class of people who make banners is no longer the same type of people as the current class of Tohno-chan users. The people who made all the banners here are ex-Tohno-chan users, people who were actually enthusiastic about anime, mange, etc., but who left the site because they found that they were in the minority here and there were few other who shared their enthusiasms and the Tohno-chan is currently populated by sad-sacks who want to feel sorry for themselves and that feel that posing as a Japanese hikikomori will emphasize to the world how pity-worthy they are.
>> No. 3767 [Edit]
>>3761

Projection truly is a wonderful thing.
>> No. 3768 [Edit]
>>3767
I hate it when people use that word.
>> No. 3771 [Edit]
>>3755
/fb/ is for feedback. People suggest shit, or complain, and others can discuss it. Nobody is forcing you to look at it. If you hate meta discussion stay away. It doesn't even appear on the front page and it occupies but a mere two letters on the navigation bar up there.

Without /fb/ there would be no forum with which people could debate and gauge the acceptability of e.g drug discussions.

File 136484660680.jpg - (71.99KB , 557x531 , 1359593151019.jpg )
3724 No. 3724 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Can this be added as a permanent option in themes? I promise I'll always use it! I like it a lot more than all the other themes there are, it makes browsing feel way cooler.
Maybe have more music options too.
>> No. 3725 [Edit]
It's been a theme for a long time now.

http://tohno-chan.com/fb/res/2836.html

File 136479013312.png - (186.94KB , 721x1024 , aa7f70611d3b47e55868cc294c8c9469f55393b6.png )
3716 No. 3716 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
So are we going to do something this year?
2 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3719 [Edit]
>>3718

force the awesome theme to load or something similar.
>> No. 3720 [Edit]
>>3719
Thats not a bad idea.
>> No. 3721 [Edit]
>>3720

agreed
>> No. 3722 [Edit]
I heard the thrashy music through my headphones sitting above computer and freaked out because I thought the noise was coming FROM my computer, like something inside was fucking up big time. You april fooled me in a way you didn't intend to!

Post edited on 1st Apr 2013, 2:42am

File 136277089061.jpg - (178.74KB , 539x960 , 1362536427413.jpg )
3576 No. 3576 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [Last 50 posts]
Will there ever be a Kigurumi board?
Not demanding anything, just curious what the anons here think about it.
56 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3668 [Edit]
>>3667
>orthopedic beauty is still not the same than synthetic beauty (I'd say). Tell that to michael Jackson.
You seem to underestimate how many synthetic items women will put on or in themselves in the pursuit of beauty, they don't just draw themselves. pvc nails, fake eyelashes/eyebrows, contact lenses, rhinoplasty, silicone breast implants, wigs and the list goes on. They don't call it plastic surgery for nothing you know. then there's things like pushup bras and corsets. They go much father than simply tossing on a costume to negate their ugly natural self and achieve their version of beauty, even if it means undergoing massive amounts of pain while having their bodies gutted and distorted. then there's also people who undergo sex changes...
>> No. 3700 [Edit]
 
killjoys keep on bumping down the kig thread on /so/
could you styx it plox?
>> No. 3701 [Edit]
>>3700
No, I don't think they are going to sticky a thread (that shouldn't even be there in my opinion) just because everyone else would rather talk about other things. If it dies it dies.
>> No. 3715 [Edit]
>>3701
You would be correct.

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18]


[Home] [Manage]



[ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ $ / mai / mt / ot / so / tat / txt / 日本 ] [ arc / ddl / fb / irc / lh / lol / ns / pic / sub ] [ home ]