This is where you can remind us how much we suck!

Note: This website is supported by user created content to keep it active. If users (such as yourself) do not create content, you only have yourselves to blame for the lack of said content.

Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File []
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: CSS, GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, PNG, PSD, TXT, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 22222 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1521 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 135001560260.jpg - (38.25KB , 179x190 , 1310615744428.jpg )
2893 No. 2893 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [Last 50 posts]
I tried ask in /ot/ but I didn't ger clear answer and I didn't want to cause anymore off-topic discussion, so I try to get answer from here.

Why is /tc/ so strict about political discussion?

I will delete thread when I get satisfying answer.
48 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3158 [Edit]
>>3156
people can like or not like whatever they want for whatever reason they want, and you have no right to make them like or not like something.
I don't give one flying fuck if you don't accept 'why' I like or don't like something, I'm not going to start liking or disliking something just because you tell me too.

Besides, you're just going to ignore any reasons people present that you don't like. No one ever says something is shit becuase it's shit, you simply don't like their reasons so you wright off their reasons and opinion as shit, and by that logic I could say anything you like is shit and any reason you have for liking it makes your opinion shit.
If I said a pair of pants was ugly becuase they're green, but someone else who liked green would think my opinion was shit, they can think so all they like but that doesn't make it fact.
Or what if a anime has a cast of primarily tsundere characters and two people have opposing opinions. one likes the anime becuase he likes tsundere, the other doesn't like the anime becuase he doesn't like tsundere. who here would have the shit opinion?
>> No. 3159 [Edit]
>>3158
>people can like or not like whatever they want for whatever reason they want, and you have no right to make them like or not like something.
>I don't give one flying fuck if you don't accept 'why' I like or don't like something, I'm not going to start liking or disliking something just because you tell me too.
And again nobody is saying you aren't allowed to have opinion in something. You opinion is just as worthless (let's use nicer word) as arguments behind it. Stop trying to be martyr. Nobody here minds if you CRITICIZE anime.

>Besides, you're just going to ignore any reasons people present that you don't like.
How do you know that?

>No one ever says something is shit becuase it's shit, you simply don't like their reasons so you wright off their reasons and opinion as shit, and by that logic I could say anything you like is shit and any reason you have for liking it makes your opinion shit.
How many times I need to repeat; Opinion is worthless, if there isn't arguments behind it. No matter if I agree or disagree with it.

>If I said a pair of pants was ugly becuase they're green, but someone else who liked green would think my opinion was shit, they can think so all they like but that doesn't make it fact.
Matter of taste != opinion. You can't objectively view color of pants, but you can view anime objectively.

>Or what if a anime has a cast of primarily tsundere characters and two people have opposing opinions. one likes the anime becuase he likes tsundere, the other doesn't like the anime becuase he doesn't like tsundere. who here would have the shit opinion?
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 3171 [Edit]
>>3159
>You can't objectively view color of pants, but you can view anime objectively.
I think you got that backward.
>> No. 3172 [Edit]
>>3171
He has his pants backward? What the fuck is wrong with this country

File 135214432919.png - (54.36KB , 542x176 , we like corm_.png )
3160 No. 3160 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
what is "corm"
>> No. 3161 [Edit]
its what we like
>> No. 3162 [Edit]
File 135214674429.jpg - (69.48KB , 750x600 , corm.jpg )
3162
>> No. 3174 [Edit]
File 135216981089.gif - (9.97KB , 216x201 , image17.gif )
3174

File 135158986183.gif - (1.54MB , 390x219 , Saten eating ice cream.gif )
3054 No. 3054 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
/fb/ - Tohno-chan's flagship board.
14 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3111 [Edit]
>>3109
yeah you're right, I wouldn't like to see a 3D idol board or anything like that. But if that's what people here decide they want, then it can't be helped.
>> No. 3114 [Edit]
>>3111

A hidden board would be acceptable but I'd rather not see any 3D stuff on /tc/ period, hidden or not.
>> No. 3116 [Edit]
>>3114

I agree. I'm not really as against 3D pics as some other people are, but I still don't wanna see them here. It would just feel wrong
>> No. 3117 [Edit]
>>3111
I'm against it!

This place is 2D only, damn it!

File 135151197599.jpg - (316.10KB , 752x1200 , Mairunovich_v01_ch03 [HaruHime]_Mairunovich_v01_ch.jpg )
2975 No. 2975 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
As Tohno-chan grows the quality of discussion is steadily declining and yet despite the increase in users there has not been an equal increase in post rate. How do we stop this decline of standards?

Also, just a heads up: please no insulting each other in this thread, lets have an objective discussion here.
24 posts and 4 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 3067 [Edit]
>>3061

>Do you really need a rigorous definition of 'declining discussion quality'?

I need spcific examples. What I'd like to see would look like this: 1. what it looked like back in the day 2. what it looks like now 3. why it's a bad thing 4. a possible solution. Just complaining 'it's shit' is actually making the situation worse.

>Its possible you simply haven't noticed any decline, because you haven't been observing it on a long enough timescale. You're more likely to have first started visiting this site during the more recent snowballing periods

That's a stupid ad-hominem. And I'll have to disappoint you, I have been around since ib4f (although I started browsing /tc/ only two or so months before the ib4f /tc/ went down). And if you think it used to be better on ib4f then sorry, you're just being delusional. A healthy dose of /jp/'s cynical elitism actually improved the site as a whole in my opinion. The place might be less friendly but that discourages circle jerking which was a big issue on ib4f (at least in my opinion).

And like I said, I actually agree but if all you have to say is 'it's bad, what now' then I'd rather not see such a thread in the first place. And you can't just play your 'yeah, sure, it's much better to just stay passive and let matters get even worse, right? At least I tried to help' because if you really want to do something about it you simply have to propose some kind of a solution when you create a meta thread like this. If it'll be a stupid one you should prepare to get flamed (and it'd be best to prepare for that even if you think it's a good one), though.

And of course I agree with the graph you posted but that's inevitable in my opinion. I could say 'I wasted away my entire life browsing the 'net' with a clear conscience and I can only name one community which didn't get hit by this. I have some theories behind why it keeps happening (I told you about imageboards) but explainin
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 3070 [Edit]
>>3067
You think tohno-chan is better for the same reason that I think its worse, so I think digging out examples wouldn't support my case any further.

I just want to deny that I made an ad-hominem attack, at least intentionally. Coming here later doesn't mean you're a crappier person, its just that it likely would've skewed your perspective.

Short of some kind of major structural change (like I dunno, making the post reporting system more efficient or some horrible incarnation of upvotes) I think the best bet would be to try and change the board culture starting from the top. Users seem to take the words of the admins, mods and the rules as gospel so this shouldnt be so hard to do. First off, people should just stop being so angry. People should be friendly and not insult each other. /mai/ is a pretty good example, people are usually very friendly and supportive of one another and I'd like to see more of that elsewhere on tohno-chan. Somehow this needs to be balanced with our 'Gestapo' where we heckle the crap out of anything we perceive as a threat to our board. Secondly, I think the 'banned+discouraged stuff' list needs to be simple and all-encompassing rather than being implemented on a patchwork basis. There should also be a general guideline to the expected standard of post quality, nothing too specific (else this place would get bland and really stagnant), just enough to give the subtle push to write nicer.
>> No. 3071 [Edit]
>>3070

> You think tohno-chan is better for the same reason that I think its worse, so I think digging out examples wouldn't support my case any further.

No, if you were to read my posts carefully you would notice that I agreed with you not once but twice:

>>3056

>Now I understand that he referred to the fact that nowadays the posts are much shorter, no effort gets put into writing them and they are simply half-assed but he could at least write that.

>>3067

>And like I said, I actually agree

I just said that - in my opinion - ib4f wasn't much better than /tc/ is nowadays. Just for the record, I enjoyed /tc/ the most around April~May 2011. The boards were active, lots of discussions which were of interest to me took place and the posts seemed to be well thought-out most of the time. Now I'm not saying it was perfect since increased activity inevitably leads to incresing drama but that trade-off seemed fair enough to me back then.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 3107 [Edit]
>>3056
Not everything people have to say can take up a half dozen paragraphs. Sometimes there just isn't that much to say.

I know I for one can safely say in my past experiences I have been given a hard time(well maybe not hard time, more like poked fun at a bit? you know how those guys are) by people from around here and the irc channel more than just a few times for my little bad habit of excessively dragging out the things that might wright on any given topic or subject that don't require as many words as I normally would shove in it just to get across a simple idea, I believe this could possibly be called rambling in any event. too long didn't read and what not: I use to many words for simple ideas.

No. 2955 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
How many active moderators Tohno-Chan has? I know there is list on FAQ, but afaik that list is outdated, right? Sometimes it takes few hours that post I reported gets deleted, which is bit depressing. Maybe moderator team could use some reinforcements from multiple timezones perhaps?
15 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 2980 [Edit]
The threads in /ot/ are bad because...

>This is a board for topics that don't fit on other boards, but that are still otaku/hobby related.

...and very few of them are otaku/hobby related, they're entirely off topic.
>> No. 3113 [Edit]
>>2980
>they're entirely off topic.
Is that meant to be a joke? or are you unaware the board was named 'off topic' for years?
>> No. 3115 [Edit]
>>3113
So off topic that it's too off topic. It's too off topic for the site!
>> No. 3118 [Edit]
Yeah the rule ssay 'otaku related stuff which doesn't fit in elsewhere' but nobody cares and nearly every thread there breaks that rule. In fact the rule probably shouldn't be there.

File 135105793230.jpg - (117.18KB , 500x375 , Spoiler Picture.jpg )
2946 No. 2946 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Can we have some kind of new rule that prohibits thread derailing / metadiscussion within a thread? Posts like "Oh wow, look guys, this moron is back" or "another great thread" inside of a thread add nothing to the discussion and just discourage others from joining in and making good contributions to the board.

Obviously it'd be okay on /fb/ or whatever but it just really gets under my skin on other boards.
4 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 2960 [Edit]
I think we should be allowed to say threads are shit when they are and we should be able to try and discourage shitty posting when people post like shit. In moderation, this is fine (ie. no excessive flaming)

It's not discouraging people from "joining in and making good contributions," it's discouraging them from making bad contributions. It's the kind of behavior that taught me to be a less shitty poster.

We're a pretty friendly community, anyway. If you don't want off-topic discussion, stay off of /ot/
>> No. 2961 [Edit]
I think we should be allowed to have opinions.
>> No. 2963 [Edit]
>>2961
I think that you're wrong.
>> No. 2964 [Edit]
File 13514636877.png - (201.37KB , 620x453 , 129257735246.png )
2964
>>2961

and I think ur a faget.

But in all seriousness: in most cases, an actual good contribution won't get met with insults and degrading posts. While there may be an occasional good contribution that gets hit with a reddit style 'fuck you and your logic die in flame', those general type topics are already listed and noted and it's 10,000% more likely that the person posting is trolling than actually contributing.

File 134644855035.jpg - (132.64KB , 1024x768 , 126282479.jpg )
2745 No. 2745 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Maybe we should have a sticky thread dedicated to birthdays in /mai/.
7 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 2754 [Edit]
>>2753

I think it was implied 1 sticky for all birthdays, not one for each. That would be chaos.
>> No. 2755 [Edit]
Just make a thread for it, it doesn't need to be a sticky. if you think people wont bump old threads on /mai/, you clearly don't browse the board very much.
>> No. 2760 [Edit]
>>2754
We already have one sticky on /mai/. If we had one more, we would have multiple stickies. That was my point.
>> No. 2938 [Edit]
why would it have to be a sticky?

Post edited on 15th Oct 2012, 10:07am

File 134983940082.png - (2.65MB , 1280x720 , shot0005.png )
2889 No. 2889 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Do you archive the deleted threads anywhere?
>> No. 2890 [Edit]
http://tohno-chan.com/arc/
>> No. 2891 [Edit]
>>2890
Thanks, but I meant the ones that are deleted before they 404 because of being kusothreads.
>> No. 2892 [Edit]
I am pretty sure they aren't archived, atleast they aren't public. We just want deleted threads out from out sight as soon as possible and we don't want to remember them.

File 134796515412.png - (383.01KB , 612x717 , taniguchi.png )
2796 No. 2796 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
why isn't there more taniguchi related content on tohno-chan?
6 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 2820 [Edit]
>>2815
it's not gay if op is a woman

Post edited on 19th Sep 2012, 2:46am
>> No. 2821 [Edit]
Who gives a shit if it's gay? I rather OP be a gay guy than a woman.
>> No. 2823 [Edit]
 
OUWA
>> No. 2886 [Edit]
I have to say here that I think you're all misunderstanding Taniguchi horribly. Taniguchi himself might be somewhat of a laughable goof, and you all get to enjoy amusing yourself at his expense. Do you think he is that way by accident? No, of course not. Taniguchi is an entertainer, a professional. He doesn't care what you think of him so long as you're enjoying Haruhi, Taniguchi is a happy man.
If you take a look at traditional manzai comedy, the boke gets all the laughs and the tsukkomi is made to look foolish. The tsukkomi volunteers to "take one for the team" so that the act can be successful. "Cool" characters like Nagato take no blows to their ego to benefit the show. They just go out and look awesome and everyone loves them. The Taniguchis of the world neglect their public image and look like utter douchebags on camera for your entertainment. He is going to be hearing shit about it for the rest of his life and he knows it and doesn't give half a crap if thats the case because Taniguchi is an entertainer. Guys like Taniguchi and Bacchi-Gu (fat guy from Green Green) will never be anyone's waifu, they don't get to be in the doujin, they don't get the glory or even get to be on screen very much, but Anime would be a whole lot worse without them, god dammit.

File 134026708662.gif - (72.22KB , 245x269 , 1339518728487.gif )
2484 No. 2484 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [First 100 posts] [Last 50 posts]
There is an opinion I hold, which I am sure many people here support, that illicit drugs are bad. In fact, I would rather not see illicit drugs get mentioned or discussed on TC. Frankly I just find offensive. I also think it sends out a bad message to users on this website most of which are already extremely vulnerable to dangerous thoughts and habits, and considering that drugs are illegal, it breaks the first rule about not discussing anything that breaks the law (although we already do things like share copyrighted stuff). Encouraging suicide is not allowed so encouraging activities with a high risk of causing damage shouldn't be allowed either (almost all hard drug users and long term users of soft drugs experience a bad trip or hurt themselves in some way or another)

However, as the popularity of drug threads suggest, drug taking has pervaded the NEET/otaku community quite strongly. This shouldn't be surprising, drugs is something associated with the trash of society. Drug taking is just a NEETish thing to do and the aim of this site is to provide a refuge for these people.

So should drug discussion be allowed or not?
127 posts and 6 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 2869 [Edit]
>>2865
>Such immoral cultures have died. It's called culture evolution.
Are you claiming that our current culture is moral and good? You seem to be idolizing normality, if we are to argue in your fashion.
>> No. 2870 [Edit]
>>2867
>I think a good chunk of us NEETs ended up where we are because we are lazy an irresponsible (among others), I don't really know how one should go about trying to explain this.
Yes that's what you THINK.

>Didn't expect to see you say something like that since the rules say drug discussion is allowed as long as it's kept to one thread, it's just that you seem to have an exceptionally hard time abiding by the rules.
We've already had multiple threads that mentions drugs here. Also where rules say so?

And I didn't mean you were using drugs. Just hypothetical situation: if you talk about drugs, more people will have interest in them, which could lead more trouble.
>> No. 2871 [Edit]
>>2870

>Yes that's what you THINK.

Well it's certainly true for me and other NEETs I talked with through IRC and whatnot. And really, if you look through some /so/ threads like that 'are you a piece of shit, too?' one we had not so long ago I think saying that it's not just me and those 5-6 guys I talked with isn't too far fetched.

Actually I'm inclined to say that it's another case of 'well it's not true for me so it shouldn't be true for anyone else around here' on your side.

And really, what kind of NEET is responsible? I have a hard time imagining such a person. Many of us are so deep down the path of procrastination that we have trouble forcing ourselves to watch anime and play games and you expect us to be resonsible?

>Also where rules say so?

>>2660 This should be more than enough, really. Just because the rules weren't updated doesn't mean Tohno didn't say what he thinks about the whole deal.
>> No. 2872 [Edit]
>>2660

File 13248888095.jpg - (25.29KB , 503x149 , FEELS BAD MAN.jpg )
1889 No. 1889 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
28 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 2825 [Edit]
Join TohnoGold™ today! Benefits:
- Access to secret truneet board. Like /so/, but anyone who admits to interacting with other humans in person is banned.
- You and your waifu are listed on the registry of /tc/ sponsors.
- Option to enable recaptchas if you really enjoy doing those.
>> No. 2827 [Edit]
>>2825
if i donate $500 can i have mai waifu on the frontpage
>> No. 2829 [Edit]
>>2827
Maybe.
>> No. 2833 [Edit]
>>2827
sure whatever

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18]


[Home] [Manage]

- Tohno-chan took 0.03 seconds to load -


[ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ $ / mai / mt / ot / so / tat / txt / 日本 ] [ arc / ddl / fb / irc / lh / lol / ns / pic / sub ] [ home ]