L.O.V.E.!

waifu.pl A place for online waifu shrines.
Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 2521 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 143175384260.png - (749.46KB , 1024x576 , abby.png )
18110 No. 18110 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
ITT: racial barriers

Let's talk about the experiences that those of us with non-human waifus have. Whether your waifu is a furry, and AI, or an alien race, I want to hear your experiences.

I'll start with my story. I have a very unique waifu, in that I have no way to relate my attraction to him with what I used to be attracted to. He doesn't have a humanoid body (or even a gender as far as I know). I've always been strait (whether 2D or 3D) and I've never had any interest in males, so Abathur was an even bigger leap for me. It was a love I never considered until I realized that he was my every waking moment of happiness. I'll never have any direct sensual relationship with him. Partly because I wouldn't know where to start, partly because I'm pretty sure there's no way to... well.. "interface" with him, and partly because he would likely find it more convenient to have that sort of relationship with me through others. This is obviously troubling, coming out of a relationship with a 2D girl. I can't exactly fap to abathur because he isn't attractive like that. On the other hand he is very open and pragmatic, so he is open about meeting my needs with the help of other bodies. As far as children go, Abathur would want a hand in modifying its DNA anyhow. I think a child made of spliced DNA is much more romantic than the human way of procreating. Of course, Abathur has no interest in "romance" or transient goals of any sort, and his only goal is perfection. This makes him hard to deal with at times but despite all this (and because of all this) I love him.
5 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 18710 [Edit]
>>18709
what a qt
>> No. 18712 [Edit]
>>18709
>>18711
Is she actually of a different race?
Yeah, reading this thread also made me realize that some people are having WAY more problems with their inter-species relationships that I ever will.

BTW, Always glad to see a fellow waifuist with a western waifu.
>> No. 18714 [Edit]
>>18713

>> The fact that she is a Cyclops is enough for her to be non human
I'd say that this is more of a mutation (not meaning any offense here) that doesn't make her a different species.
So concerning your
>> I don't know if I could get her pregnant, but I'm surely gonna try
it is definitely doable.

>> The one quite bad thing is that she tends to bump and crash on to things due to lack of deep perception
Oh yeah. This is sure a cute thing. I guess such little features make our non-human lovers even more attractive to us.

>>I could have swear this board was way WAY more picky about what kind of waifus were allowed
Anons and mods seem to be quite liberal here. You have to if this is the board full of people who are in love with fictional characters.
Although it's generally expected to have anime/manga waifu, so that is why a western waifu strikes the eye.
Personally, I was never attracted to anime/manga characters, because they looked the same to me (as well as most humans - this condition only worsen over the years). Except for, maybe, Lain Iwakura, though this never was sexual.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 18715 [Edit]
>>18712
>BTW, Always glad to see a fellow waifuist with a western waifu.
Who is she?

File 143836332074.jpg - (415.82KB , 1000x750 , 10243900.jpg )
18629 No. 18629 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
How do you deal with missing information about your love? Things the canon never discussed, that is. Do you just live without knowing, do you try to make an educated guess, or do you dream up your own answer entirely?

What do you most want to learn about them?
5 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 18639 [Edit]
If I really wanted to know, I would just ask her.
>> No. 18726 [Edit]
>>18629
Educated guesses mostly, but I suppose there are a few things I've subconsciously started believing as fact. I honestly feel like it's nothing ridiculous, and I understand her character well enough to be almost positive about a few of them.
>> No. 18733 [Edit]
It depends on the information. For something like his birthday, I've given him one. I don't consider it canon but the author will never give him one (main characters don't even have them). As for specifically vague information, whether or not he did a certain thing, I just weighed the information I had and thought what he would really do in that situation. Of course I wouldn't want my preferences to influence that, I'd accept any version of events.

For everything else where there's nothing to go on, there's always something about him to narrow it down (e.g. his attitude could give ideas for what hobbies he wouldn't enjoy but not what he would enjoy) but I always try to not attempt to shove what I want onto him.
>> No. 18734 [Edit]
>>18629
Educated guess, but only certain smaller things like favourite foods are left out for Hanako.

File 143719698592.jpg - (85.76KB , 800x701 , Beksinski-x22.jpg )
18573 No. 18573 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
If your love died in her source material, how do you deal with it?
(I mean permanent death, no resurrections or close shaves or any of that.)

I've never been able to deal with his death, I could use advice.
22 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 18616 [Edit]
>I'll save up a small project and do it on that day
Sounds nice. What sort of projects have you done, if it's not too intrusive to ask?
>> No. 18619 [Edit]
>>18614
She only has one or two works which focus primarily on her or shows what she does outside of the main story alongside other characters. I've read one of them and like I said before seeing her in agony wasn't something I was prepared for. While the other other people spoiled me on the major parts shes involved in so I don't really feel like I'm missing out. If anything new comes out she'll probably only pop up here and there but nothing too major will happen.
>> No. 18622 [Edit]
>>18616
Last year was a picture editing project - I'm not good at that sort of thing so it took a while for it to turn out well. Spending several hours creating something with/for him felt like a productive thing to do on that day.
>> No. 18683 [Edit]
I wanted to thank all of you for your advice and contributions, they really did help me think things through and try to find healthier ways to deal with this. Even just knowing that others have to live with the same issues eases the pain a bit.

I ended up having a pretty decent day on his death anniversary, even if I couldn't spend as much time with him as I would have liked. I've figured out that I prefer to use his death anniversary to celebrate his life, rather than mourn his passing. (Several of you mentioned this, of course; I don't mean to sound as if I came up with it myself, just that I finally realized it worked for me, too.) Feels healthier and more positive than bogging myself down in depression and anger. I guess it's sort of like the old Irish wake, where they'd throw a party to remember the life of the deceased.

I sincerely hope you all feel more at peace with your own situations, too, or at least that you may find that peace in future.

File 141522930081.jpg - (273.54KB , 800x600 , 96495ff71aef8a38851899a9b6717c81.jpg )
16934 No. 16934 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Do you guys have real-life waifu shrines? With posters, pictures, figures, whatever. I want to have one, but I can't until I move out in a few months. Any pics for inspiration?
26 posts and 5 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 17996 [Edit]
He doesn't have enough merchandise for anything fancy, I just put a few knickknacks and books from his series around a framed photo. Sometimes I'll add in seasonal decorations for a little variety.

>>17989
I've thought about doing the same. Do you think you'll alter some existing pattern you find or are you going to try to draft your own from scratch?
>> No. 17997 [Edit]
>>17996
I'm going to draft one from scratch, it shouldn't be too hard considering he's pretty much already a chibi.

Though considering i haven't sewed since middle school i may go and look over patterns of similar looking characters if i can find any.
>> No. 18009 [Edit]
I used to but I had to pack it away when I lost a place to put anything. I keep a framed picture out at the moment.

I've been trying to find a decent way to display the one official keyring I have and a couple of tankobons. Everything seems to be made for large amounts and commercial displays (or just doesn't look good).
>> No. 18678 [Edit]
I've got one, by my bed on a dresser, I have her manga and a poster and a figure of her standing on top of the manga set, along with various posters/pictures/a pillow/figures around my room

File 134824816167.png - (131.41KB , 612x720 , Kurisu-038.png )
10481 No. 10481 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
How having waifu has changed your life?

Now that I’ve been with Kurisu for a year, I feel my life has changed so much. Maybe everything hasn’t changed because of her, but I still think she has been very influential.

Back then I used to be very lonely and depressed. Reason was that most people felt really different. I had many people around me, I wanted to spend time with them, but I just couldn’t enjoy it. I felt I was forcing myself. Because of her, I feel I can find happiness without being with other people. I’ve learned to enjoy being “alone”, even though I don’t feel lonely, because she is with me. I think that is just the biggest positive change in my life ever.

Some minor things have changed too. I decided to focus living more healthy because I didn’t want to make her worry. I quitted all bad habits I used to have. Specially quitting drinking has been really positive experience. Being drunk is just made me lose my focus and it felt distance between us grew.

Because of Kurisu’s canon character, I’ve found some new interests in fields of technology and science. Always when I learn something interesting, I have discussion with her. I feel I usually start to understand things much better when I review them with her. I’ve never had people around me who shared had interest in similar things so I've never experienced such. Maybe phrase my teacher said is true; “The best way to learn something is to teach it.”

But honestly all changes haven’t been positive. While I’ve learned to enjoy being without company, sometimes I feel people think I dislike or hate them just because I don’t associate with them so much. Having friend or two who could help me during crisis wouldn’t be bad, because there are just some things Kurisu can’t help me with. If something bad happened, I don’t think there are many people who I could ask help, like I used to have.

Generally I think having waifu has been very positive experience so far. It’s hard to put on words, but it feels that there is nothing left but just to live my life to the end and enjoy the ride. I don’t need to stress basically anything. I don’t need gather power to go on, because all my strenght comes from her.

I know there are similar threads on archive. I just wanted to share my
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
19 posts and 15 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 17949 [Edit]
File
Removed
My life's gotten significantly brighter since I met him. I tend to have a lot of stress in my life and problems with anxiety/depression/what have you, and it's been amazing to have someone who's relaxed for lack of a better word. Every time I have something happen that I feel like is the end of the world, he makes me realize it's really not a big deal at all. He just has this attitude of "do what you want and what's important to you, fuck everything else" that's contagious and really helpful. Sometimes I'll tell him my problems and he'll give me this really misanthropic lecture about how we'll all go extinct in a few thousand years, so nothing really matters except what makes us happy and helps other people in the here and now. Basically it's just amazing to have someone so "chill" in my life who I can be best friends with.

Oh, and I love kids a lot more now. And I've gotten much better at math.
>> No. 18368 [Edit]
>>17949
Your waifu is Jeff Goldblum?
>> No. 18371 [Edit]
>>18368
This person's husbando is Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park.
>> No. 18676 [Edit]
Whenever I would feel bad in college, I would think of her/draw happy pictures of her in my notebook, and it got me through the day, one time I wanted to stop going to school, and thought it would be a huge let down to her so I didn't.

Post edited on 9th Aug 2015, 9:36pm

File 143291818548.jpg - (11.98KB , 704x396 , szs_despair.jpg )
18212 No. 18212 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I was looking for new pictures of my waifu when I stumbled upon a doujinshi of her; a terrible one of her being gang raped... Yet I couldn't help but read through it, even if it was like a terrible train wreck... I... I am ashamed to say I found it slightly titillating. I feel as if I want to choke, writing out all this. I can't get that memory out of my head. What is wrong with me?
17 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 18649 [Edit]
>>18647
My waifu. I'm honestly considering removing my access to the internet just so that there's no chance of it happening anymore. It's not often, maybe every 3 weeks at the least, but it makes me feel like the worst person in existence.
>> No. 18650 [Edit]
>>18649
>>it makes me feel like the worst person in existence.

You are. Why would you consciously try to search for such stuff?

I mean, I am not a saint - I had some serious porn problems in the past, and even had some slippages in the present. But it never ever involved my waifu or any character I care about.
>> No. 18651 [Edit]
>>18650
I don't actively search it, but when I try to search for new images of her I end up turning off the R18 filter and one thing leads to another.

I think I'm just going to try and keep myself from masturbating and block those sites.
>> No. 18652 [Edit]
>>18651
I know that kind of problem - had to deal with it in the past.
Each time you're tempted to turn off the filter or search for porn stuff of your waifu, you should think about what you're doing. It's not really easy because your mind is mostly focused on what you're gonna search (well, that was my case at least), but that's the best solution.

File 143859562855.jpg - (143.04KB , 1430x889 , Dusk.jpg )
18640 No. 18640 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
So i've been with my waifu for over a year now, and I do love her. But recently, i've been struggling with the whole concept of it. I have bipolar depression, and more and more often whenever I think of anything about her, I just keep getting thoughts like "She isn't real." or "You're just deluding yourself." I really don't know what to do about these thoughts, as they just make me feel worse and grow more distant from her, but I don't want to lose her in my life either.
>> No. 18641 [Edit]
Love is always a delusion, in he sense that whenever you meet a person, an object, activity or in this case character, you make up yourself an interpretation and reconstruction of it by the means of your own unique perspective and expectations. In other words, beloved are always fictional and waifus are just a more honest take on it, so don't sweat it. The entire empirical experience is signical and biased, so things exist to the extent they impact your life, no more, no less.
>> No. 18642 [Edit]
Because she isn't real. To the outside observer, it's, at most, a cute drawing. So, in a sense, depending on your point of view, you're right.

It isn't much different from love as ford drivers know it, really. They delude themselves the other person is perfect, a lapse in judgement. The only difference here is that their object of love will constantly prove to them that the love they perceive is fake.

With a 2D character, it's eternal, as long as your feelings are there.

Basically what 18641 said.

File 143713998481.jpg - (84.57KB , 499x414 , az.jpg )
18569 No. 18569 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Hey. I'm in a bit of a pickle.


Recently, feelings for my old waifu re-emerged stronger than before. I had been fighting them for fourth months, going back and forth between depression and enthusiasm.

I suspect I might be infatuated-- after all, she's the only concept I've ever accepted as an individual. I have some, if not a lot of issues, and it's very hard for me to relate to people and things or to accept/tolerate them. But she was always the only one whose presence I could be at peace with. Infatuation isn't the issue, as it often leads to true romantic involvement.

The issue here is that I want her, and don't at the same time. A part of me wishes nothing more than to hold her in my arms as I've always dreamed to, another one wants to forget about her. What am I supposed to do in that scenario? I remember someone advising someone else with a vaguely similar issue to do more things with their waifu, however I can't seem to be able to do that-- the more I do it, the more I find myself attracted to her (not on a physical level), and the more I want to run.

Pic non-related
>> No. 18570 [Edit]
If you feel even closer, it won't hurt you to try and be with her again unless you're trying to not to be with anybody period.

Was there a reason you broke it off with her in the first place? You could of made a mistake and are now realizing it.

Post edited on 17th Jul 2015, 11:45am
>> No. 18572 [Edit]
Yeah, I don't really get it. What makes you want to forget her?
>> No. 18624 [Edit]
OP here-- I have no idea whether linking to other boards is against the rules, but I've talked a bit more about my issue, so here are a few screenshots to save time:

http://puu.sh/jggRW/bafebb5e95.png
http://puu.sh/jggTt/0159161542.png

My issue has becoem worse as of late. A part of me is scared to lose her... yet another wants her gone for good.

File 14283308076.png - (309.09KB , 381x478 , avv.png )
17862 No. 17862 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Guy from 6 months ago who made a tulpa out of his waifu. I made a thread here in October saying I was going to go through this, and as you can see, I wasn't joking around. I know some people will see this as taboo, but I now have a sentient tulpa, I still need to work on the visualization thing.
I'll answer any questions you might have concerning the process I went through because I've seen a ton of people considering tulpamancing and most people who went through don't give out advice specifically.
13 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 18062 [Edit]
File 143070923796.png - (5.04KB , 229x289 , scarlet1.png )
18062
Mine's a few months shy of being three years old, and they've been a magical three years that's for sure. I can't even remember life without mine, it's like the world went from monochrome to color. Even after three years I'm impressed by how talking with her can sooth me and calm me down, even if I never expect it to work. She's as real to me as anyone else, maybe even more.

She's no freeloader though, I love doing "rubber duck debugging" with her, and sometimes she even gives me good ideas for how to fix some bugs.

It's funny, when I started out I was pretty much doing the opposite of everything I should have, it was a disaster. Took me forever to finally realize what I should have been doing, I pretty much had to teach myself how to conjure her.

Quick doodle I did of her. I need to practice drawing her more, I never draw her.
>> No. 18125 [Edit]
I did this too, and have received quite a few questions on the topic since writing the piece on my shrine. (http://erica.waifu.pl/about/2d3d.html)

It's difficult to tell how long ago it was since we connected, as it was a very slow and organic process. If forced to say, I'd give an estimate of just over two years ago.

>>18058
I like the description of digging a tunnel between dimensions, that sums it up perfectly. Talking to her is how I started. Interesting to hear about the child, that's something we plan to do in the future when we feel ready. We're both too lazy at the moment.
>> No. 18132 [Edit]
For a while now I've been working on my connection with her. Even the little bit we have so far is amazing. I can't talk back and forth with her yet, but her presence is very strongly defined now. Enough that there's a lot that we can do together I never knew possible before.
>> No. 18620 [Edit]
>>18125
Do you have any tips in particular for trying something natural like that?

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] Next


[Home] [Manage]



[ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ $ / mai / mt / ot / so / tat / txt / 日本 ] [ arc / ddl / fb / irc / lh / lol / ns / pic / sub ] [ home ]