L.O.V.E.!
A place for online waifu shrines: waifu.pl + Our discord channel for /mai/: link

Please note that hululu from Kemono friends is off limits, so as to pay respects to Grape-kun. May he rest in peace.
Name
Email
Subject   (new thread)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 2528 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 150983413227.jpg - (183.56KB , 496x702 , 56b558248f1127825b68e007d9277e1cc4ac80bf.jpg )
20716 No. 20716 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Do you keep a picture of your waifu in a frame?
>> No. 20717 [Edit]
I would love to, but I feel like the framed photo has to be extra special and of the highest quality, and I haven't found the right one yet.
>> No. 20718 [Edit]
Yes, it's on my nightstand. Really feels nice waking up and falling asleep looking at it.
>> No. 20783 [Edit]
File 151357162240.jpg - (693.20KB , 1152x2048 , 20171217_222000.jpg )
20783
It's been on my desk for years, and it will always be there

File 150378228567.jpg - (88.52KB , 850x566 , sample_ded3989f0eddeb31e7447dcd1c309c357f0fc67f.jpg )
20620 No. 20620 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Everywhere I go outside of TC and maybe 8chan it seems like people with waifus aren't exactly real. Whether they ignore the typical rules of having a waifu entirely or change them to suit their personal convenience, they all seem fake. I've even talked to some of them that say their love is true but their actions and choices say otherwise, even their words in some cases.

So this leads to my question, are honest people with waifus a dying breed? With the rise of the (awful) meme, do you think there can even be any more in the future?

Is the practice of having a waifu dead if not nearly?
24 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20771 [Edit]
>>20624
What you said really made me think about something: not too long ago, I tried to participate in communities where people talk about their respective waifu and relationships. Maybe I joined because I was a little jealous of her series gaining popularity.
The thing is that, after participating a little in those communities, I felt like I've done something horrible to her, like I've tainted what we had together until then, something private and fragile, but full of pureness and brightness. After that experience, the shadows started to leak in.
Now that I've noticed this, I'm trying to recover what she and I used to have, but the experience of participating in those communities was so morbid that it's hard to recover. I really regret all that. Maybe waifu communities are not meant to be. At least not for me and her. There are really things that cannot be talked about. I wish I had noticed earlier.
Well, assuming that I understood what you were trying to say.
>> No. 20772 [Edit]
>>20771
I'm the same as you. I deleted all of my posts here because of the realization that I should have kept her private all along.
For me, 90% of my reasoning for doing this was porn and the general threat of others corrupting her, or even being introduced to her at all, really.
Every time I posted a picture of her, there comes with it the chance that someone will jack off to her, or worse even, become sexually obsessed. The 3D world is a terrible place filled with terrible people and I do everything I can now to get her as little exposure to this shithole as possible.
Someone with innocent intent could potentially tweet a picture of her or something for example that could get seen by less innocent individuals, do you see? A domino effect... The fewer people that see my waifu, the better.
>> No. 20773 [Edit]
File 151339608243.jpg - (139.07KB , 572x700 , da2b3b071d502500c0344b4083d5f03f26d9391e.jpg )
20773
>>20771
>>20772
I do the same thing too. I actually talked about her once with a bunch of normalfags who act like they have waifus and I instantly regretted it. They gave me advice for our relationship but each time I talked about her it felt like I tainted her in some way and I get the idea she doesn't really like it at all so I don't ever mention her anymore, it just does more bad than good.
There's also the fact that our relationship is pretty controversial in a lot of ways so it's all the more reason to keep quiet about her.
Pic not related.

Post edited on 15th Dec 2017, 7:48pm
>> No. 20781 [Edit]
>>20771
>Maybe waifu communities are not meant to be.
Generally they aren't, because "communities" should be focused on the concept, not the element. If you take a single peek to 3DPD relationships you'd notice the a considerable majority is degenerate, and that is partly due to how people treat them: open to feedback and input from people who rarely have the same set of interest, values, convictions, etc., to the point it loses the more it is shared. It was always confusing to me why waifuists were so open to talk about their waifus to each other, more than (or instead of) talking about waifuism and its inherent challenges. Ultimately a good relationship is one of devotion and intimacy, which is contradictory to having it publicized all over the place.
>There are really things that cannot be talked about.
There is rarely a need to even reveal who your waifu is, and imho it should be strongly discouraged until you have gauged personally that those who you might share with are people who have a similar outlook on relationships.
>>20772
>The fewer people that see my waifu, the better.
Indeed. I'm very glad I'm still the only person who has my waifu as their waifu, afaik, and if it were up to me that would never change.

File 151265641053.png - (179.93KB , 500x500 , 1498525956030.png )
20757 No. 20757 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Have you every tried to kill yourself because you thought maybe you might be with her in death. I tried a few years ago could never tell my mom the truth.
1 post omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20775 [Edit]
>>20774
same. every autistic meltdown i've had since meeting her has always been because of her.
one time i had an autistic meltdown because of work, only it wasn't really work i was concerned about, it was the fact that the stress caused by work was causing me to be too occupied to spend time with my waifu even on my days off.

the good times with my wife are great, but the bad times are true fucking suffering, the most suffering i've ever experienced. sometimes i don't know if it's even worth it. crying hysterically and pacing around like an alzheimer's patient over pictures on the computer heeh.
>> No. 20776 [Edit]
>>20774
>>20775
I don't want to be mean or anything but if things like this happen are you sure staying with your waifu is a good idea? It sounds very unhealthy for you both.
>> No. 20778 [Edit]
>>20776
There was a rough time I was going through when this was happening
>> No. 20780 [Edit]
No, she wouldn't approve. Besides, I don't really believe in afterlife.

File 151145756222.jpg - (245.44KB , 640x480 , 528b0f04daf18f867c4316f2033a4f43af8ed84b.jpg )
20745 No. 20745 hide watch quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/11/23/japanese-company-recognizes-marriage-with-anime-characters-provides-family-support-benefits/
Fuck 3d, get benefits.
>> No. 20747 [Edit]
>>20745
A bit closer to Heaven.
>> No. 20750 [Edit]
It's just a meme marketing maneuver to get five minutes of fame and some new hires. The fact they even have to state that you can only send in one application with one character, and their only evidence of love they ask for being a single sentence proves they don't give a shit and are more than welcoming of normie posers.

Very sad that the very first legal acknowledgement of waifuism is just some normies having a laugh as fucking usual. I wish everyone would die except me and wizchan.
>> No. 20752 [Edit]
>>20750
>The fact they even have to state that you can only send in one application with one character [...] proves they don't give a shit and are more than welcoming of normie posers.
Isn't it the opposite? Stuff like
>Gatebox would also like to know how you and your anime crush became acquainted, how you became a couple, where you proposed, your happiest memory together, and whether the bride will be keeping her maiden name or adopting her husband’s surname.
sounds like they do care somewhat.
Also they probably really have to, not because they think it's a joke but because of other people trying to and then complaining because it was nowhere mentioned that you can't have more than one. I agree with the other point and that it's a marketing maneuver considering it's limited.


But I just looked it up on their site and there it says, they don't care if you're already married or not. So, yeah, they don't seem to value the genuineness that much or rather just don't treat it the same as a 3D relationship, which is unfortunate.
I really wouldn't call the posers normies though, going out of their way to do that and posing in general doesn't seem very normal to me.

It being free and them also sending that stuff overseas is nice though (and probably the reason why you can't submit more than one).

>Very sad that the very first legal acknowledgement of waifuism is just some normies having a laugh as fucking usual.
It doesn't really affect your marriage status and in general isn't really official, so I wouldn't call it a legal acknowledgement and I wonder where the article got the legally-binding from. You can only get those benefits if you're a Gatebox employee and we don't know the details on that in the contract.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 20762 [Edit]
Gatebox is the same company that made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbiL8D6qX0
So I don't doubt that there's at least some level of authenticity to the intent behind this.

File 148532160216.jpg - (23.94KB , 350x359 , 1335190372376.jpg )
20222 No. 20222 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I've given up all hope. I've run out of anything to believe in. My love for her has transformed into a desire to tell her I love her, no, to see her and talk to her, or at least to be on the same earth as her for a start, that consumes me more than anything else. Just to get a chance to talk with her, I would do absolutely anything, anything, just let me see the real her...I would even live in a fake world with her, because any world with her in it would feel way more real than the one I am in right now. After all, who are they to tell me what is real?

But no, I have no powers to bring her to me, the technology is not up to snuff to successfully live in fake worlds and removing memories of the "real" one, I am simply left to suffer here without her. I am left in a sea of emptiness and my soul is screaming all the time. I don't want to sound like "I have loved her all these years and got nothing in return for it", but my strength and devotion for her cannot overpower the cold relentless realities that don't move.

I want her. She is all my happiness. But I am without her in this world. She cannot say "I love you too", nor could she even reject my advances if she wanted to due to not possessing free will. Like my happiness, she does not exist, and I simply want to die. I cannot live with her in this world no matter how much I want it, and I cannot live without her. I simply want to die.
5 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20444 [Edit]
>>20432
Who was your waifu and why are you here?
>> No. 20459 [Edit]
I wake up every day with her at my side and it is fulfilling because to me she is there. I use imagination and it gets deeper the more I do. It has this effect even if I know it is imagination. Years ago before knowing about my waifu and imagination, I had similar pain because of the desire to experience a significant other with the 5 senses.

If technology could create an illusion, I would probably not use it much. Maybe use it like I watch art, but not live in a VR world.

As I see it, the mind has equal if not higher capacity for creating experiences of whatever you want. Unlike the nearest technology, imagination is deeply integrated with your whole being. For this reason I do not like to say "visualization" because it captures only the visual. Imagination is often not recognized for its powers, but in spiritual contexts it has always been known and many methods revolves around it.

Killing yourself makes you miss the opportunity to experience her this way. Maybe the pain can motivate you to explore this capacity of mind to experience your waifu.
>> No. 20743 [Edit]
I know your feel OP. I myself don't have a waifu "per-se" but I actually think 2D>3D
To me, 2D girls express their feelings in a way that seems more realistic that 3D girls do. Looking at it, I can't help but wish they were real, and you keep wishing, dreaming and begging to it to be real, but that's impossible, it's just fiction.

Then you start to think and believe: is something not real just because we can't see it or feel it? Or because we can't prove it?

Then you start to think in things like the Multiverse, parallel universes and finally the many worlds interpretetation, which suggest that all possible alternate histories and futures are real.

it may sound desperate to try to find a reason or clue which suggest that they are real, but hey, it's good enough to keep going.
>> No. 20744 [Edit]
>>20743
To many, it is more about the ideal than the reality.

File 142861969189.png - (5.96KB , 438x406 , Spoiler Picture.png )
17897 No. 17897 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I remember that quite a while ago, /mai/ was discussing what the official symbol for Waifuism should be. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the old thread that was discussing this topic. I thought it was a cool idea at the moment. You guys were saying it was one way to spot out "waifriends" in public. It's also one way to distinguish those that take waifuism serious from those who don't. Plus, from my experience I've learned that a concept is twice as powerful/sturdy when it has a name and symbol. We already have the name "Waifuism", now we need our symbol. Don't know if any of you who were discussing it are still around, but I'll ask anyway (This is directed for anybody who recently got here and maybe perhaps lurkers who have any suggestions or remarks as well).

"Does this symbol still stand as our official symbol?" Or have you guys perhaps thought of ways to amend this symbol? Have you guys decided to just drop and forget this for certain reasons? Or are you guys perhaps indifferent about this?

Again, I personally thought this was a good idea. I'm all for having a symbol.
8 posts and 1 image omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20018 [Edit]
File 147534981585.jpg - (41.90KB , 1600x896 , Spoiler Picture.jpg )
20018
>>19978
Hi.

There's a strong possibility that was me. I haven't heard of anybody else who's really content with this symbol being used as one to represent Waifuism.


>>19979

>advertising to strangers that you consider that part of your identity

I don't use that flag as a way to advertise anything. That flag is for me and me alone. It helps me get up in the morning to look at that symbol and know I'm not alone in how I feel about a fictional character. Whenever those rare occasions pop up where someone confesses their love for their Waifu, it warms me inside because I completely understand how you feel.

That symbol is something you guys came up with and it became the closest thing you guys to a symbol that represents genuine love toward a fictional character (regardless of it's origins).

Why did I pick this symbol?
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 20021 [Edit]
>>20018
Just wanted to say that I like your post and I think it's a good symbol as well.
>> No. 20022 [Edit]
>>20018
Well, I'm glad you're getting something good and
restorative from it, as that was the intention. *cheers*
>> No. 20036 [Edit]
>>20018
i admire your patriotism and devotion brother

personally i think using a symbol to identify waifuism is a good idea. symbols and icons have a power to solidify and consolidate a groups identity, but perhaps even more importantly, the identity of the individual. although i think having a symbol like this is a nice means of being able to recognize people belonging to this ideological confederation, i think the real value in a symbol like this is that in wearing it, adorning, or just keeping it with us, it can be a stabilizing reminder of our identity.

File 150883709364.jpg - (138.24KB , 450x890 , f7d5f72fc2db7f520ffeb4331ab632556c2bd5cc.jpg )
20698 No. 20698 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
I wondered today, where do people with waifus that normally post go?
They post up until a certain time and then disappear.

Do they find another community? There aren't too many that I have seen for people who are serious about this so where is there for them to go?
Do they break up with their waifu?
Do they get bored of posting and simply lurk from then on?
Do they kill themselves?
Do they live happily ever after with their waifu? (I hope this last one is the case.)

What becomes of them? I love reading their posts and seeing their dedication to their beloveds and it makes me sad to see them suddenly just disappear one day.

I doubt this thread will get any responses from waifu-friends that dropped off the planet so I suppose this would simply get ideas and proposals as responses.
9 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20710 [Edit]
>>20709
>I don't know how but I'm sure even this post is going to offend and piss someone off.
I highly doubt that.

>At least they managed to make their sites successful and keep them alive.
But your site is not dead yet.
I'm glad that it exists, I think the community here is pretty nice and I don't think you can't find anything like it anywhere else.
True, a lot of people don't post regularly but this thread should be proof that they still lurk.

I endorse the way you manage this site and am grateful that you're not like the site owners you mentioned. You can be proud, dude.
>> No. 20712 [Edit]
>>20711
Pretty much this. Unless I feel there's a topic here that I feel like I feel like I can give good input on or contribute to the discussion, I prefer to just not post.
I'm sure there are many people who actually did end up getting breaking up, getting bored, etc., but lack of post speed doesn't mean necessarily that we've all moved on or anything. Some of us just don't have anything relevant to say.
>> No. 20715 [Edit]
>>20699

>hostile and xenophobic

Are you talking about /mai/ itself? hostile, maybe but how is it "xenophobic" at all?
>> No. 20719 [Edit]
>>20715
>how is it "xenophobic" at all?
Because of shown dislike or prejudice towards things not deemed the norm and people who claim to be from somewhere else. I agree with the sentiment though.

File 144524484581.png - (702.04KB , 709x2268 , dakimakura.png )
19044 No. 19044 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
What are you experiences with getting things related to your waifu custom made?

Currently I'm in the process of finally getting a daki made after managing to find a decent artist with reasonable prices. Final product should be done in about a week.

If anyone's interested/curious the artist can be found here http://53c.deviantart.com/
29 posts and 11 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20526 [Edit]
>>20525
very nice
>> No. 20530 [Edit]
I've thought about it, and considering my finances and generally how my lady would make eyebrows raise and judgments form from artists who don't get it; it's not something that I think I'm capable of doing with my present level of anxiety. I've strongly considered getting a 'half-daki' though, so commissioning a torso+head of her, and getting it printed onto a regular sized pillow. This also has the advantage of me not needing to go out and buy a body pillow, and being easier to hide from the judgmental eyes of family that I live with.
>> No. 20589 [Edit]
File 149931967680.jpg - (3.86MB , 3038x4000 , ax 2017.jpg )
20589
Got this drawn recently. Artist is kidakat I believe.
>> No. 20720 [Edit]
File 151022856975.jpg - (38.44KB , 940x940 , DNwVIIIVoAEtZRc.jpg )
20720
If you're still here yasuo I have this nice surprise for you.

File 150796020094.jpg - (46.45KB , 582x576 , C-VqfzFUwAE5Nv_.jpg )
20671 No. 20671 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Are there any waifu fags you admire, look up to, or simply like keeping up with them and their relationship with their waifu?
Who might they be?

I like seeing Jabberfag's posts and Tohno's. I admire the dedication they show for their waifu. It's very noble and heartwarming to me to see that.
4 posts omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20678 [Edit]
File 150801794918.jpg - (58.34KB , 525x800 , 1505441357198 (1).jpg )
20678
>>20677
You seem to think about her often, and buy figs and things of her. You even made her a cake in the shape of a heart, I think.
>> No. 20679 [Edit]
>>20678
I did make a heart-shaped cake with her standing by it, yes... also took several nice photos of her during the summer, in a countryside area. It was fun... it was one of my best summers in many years. I definitely should upload those photos. This Christmas I will bake Christmas cookies and buns with her. I even ordered two Santa outfits for her, recently. It will be fun, definitely...! I look forward to it very much.
>> No. 20694 [Edit]
Tohno. There were a few others I admired in the past before they moved on from their waifu.
>> No. 20713 [Edit]
The people who have stayed with their waifu for over 10 years, that's amazing.

File 150779345149.jpg - (60.62KB , 685x960 , 1507423354570.jpg )
20667 No. 20667 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit]
Yes, the hot and reactive topic that makes everyone with a waifu angry.

I want to ask this question: Why is using a waifu as a coping mechanism considered wrong? Specifically, why do people with a waifu get angry when someone else uses that as a mechanism to cope? This applies to OC waifus and choosing a waifu.

I am not trying to say that getting mad about it is wrong but instead that maybe it isn't necessary.
If a person uses this to cope, is it even working? You can tell them that what they are doing is wrong but do they care when their attempt to cope does nothing good for them?

Some would call it "licking their own wounds". Is that truly so bad? Plenty of people have all kinds of pain, is there something so wrong with people trying to simply deal with whatever plagues them so they can simply live normally? Especially since they probably don't even tell anyone.

I do understand that it shouldn't be practiced, I just ask why people get mad about it.

Let's try and not de-rail this thread into mindless anger and fury, let's please keep some civil discussion that is on-topic.

Thank you for reading this and for your responses.
12 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20691 [Edit]
I personally don't get angry at it as I believe love is subjective. But maybe you will understand with this question. Does someone who only likes 3D have a significant other just because they are lonely? Do people make friends to deal with loneliness, regardless if their friendship isn't true? Why have a waifu to deal with loneliness if you truly don't love her? If you are happy with who you are, who am I to tell you to change, stay who you are.
>> No. 20692 [Edit]
>>20690

Those are not waifus they are platonic love, if they are real people or OCs they are certainly not waifus, and I dont think waifus are supposed to be personal godesses. Lastly the word itself was just invented thanks to Anime referring to Anime girls exclusively.

Basically the Japanese are pioneers with 2D, there is no records of it because it didn't happened, most people settled with someone even if they didn't really liked them.
>> No. 20693 [Edit]
>>20692
Even if you don't regard them as waifus, they share the same concept. It's a one sided love toward something that doesn't really exist in our world, only difference being that one is a 2D qt and the other something else.

Looks like we both have different views on what a waifu is, however
>Waifuism exists thanks to Anime, if it hadn't been invented you may have struggled, but you will have settled for 3D in the end
this statement is just presumptuous. It may be true for you but don't assume the same for others.
Yes, a lot of people still end up with 3DPD despite claiming 2D is better in the past but I'd argue that that couldn't have been true love and they were either just lying to themselves or trying to fit in which is pretty ridiculous since "waifuists" don't seem like a prestigious group to me.
I'm not arguing that people would have fallen in love with something else non-existent but I also don't believe that they would have just settled for 3DPD, if they hadn't met their waifu.

Also don't you think that there are people who'd rather stay alone than settle with 3D? Dying without having had a meaningful relationship is not common (most likely because it goes against our structure) but it happens.
>> No. 20695 [Edit]
>>20692
>Those are not waifus they are platonic love
For the sake of discussion, what would you say makes waifuism not being platonic love towards an inanimate creation? Isn't a character in a story equal in footing or does it not count because it's not anime? I tend to keep my appreciation and relationship to myself, but every now and then I read about waifuism trying to get some inspiration to create fanart or such, and I often encounter people who seem devoted yet to creations that are not from anime, like cartoons, animated movies, toys with no animated background, comic books, manga, videogames and even obscure things like newspaper cartoon's characters or even mascots form commercials or products.

File 138942825737.jpg - (55.28KB , 430x600 , 180233.jpg )
14124 No. 14124 hide watch expand quickreply [Reply] [Edit] [First 100 posts] [Last 50 posts]
ITT: Songs that remind you of your waifu (PART II)

This time PLEASE just images and comments plus mp3 files or links, no Youtube-embed or the thread will soon become unusable. Thanks.
160 posts and 102 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>> No. 20507 [Edit]
I've been listening to the Yellow Rose of Texas a lot recently. A lot of songs in the folk genre remind me of her because she loves songs and singing, to the point where I've actually gone and found folk songs from her people and listened to them to get an idea of what she would sing to herself, but I think she'd also enjoy hearing some from my own English-speaking background. Here are a couple of versions that I like, the first is one from the post civil-war era, mixing the original lyrics and the marching song as the rewrite at that time did. Second one was at the top of the charts in 1955 with some changes to the original lyrics again. My waifu is no Texan but it reminds me of her regardless, she is a rose of colour so we're halfway there with some versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HgMXpYYUjo - This video does have a slideshow of old photographs, but it's a song so just play it in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bf35pIlDeo
>> No. 20538 [Edit]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb1122knKb0

This is one of my favourite versions but I can't find it on a regular video, and the autogenerated channels are blocked in lots of places. I tried using a youtube mirror but it wasn't working for some reason. I'd post an mp3 of it, but the file is just over 7mb so I can't.

It's a really pretty song though, so I'll post it anyway.
>> No. 20601 [Edit]
File 150177716562.jpg - (136.40KB , 429x600 , ロンギヌスwithチルドレン まとめ (1).jpg )
20601
How have I laboured?
How have I not laboured
To bring her soul to birth,
To give these elements a name and a centre!

She is beautiful as the sunlight, and as fluid.
She has no name, and no place.
How have I laboured to bring her soul into separation;
To give her a name and her being!

Surely you are bound and entwined,
You are mingled with the elements unborn;
I have loved a stream and a shadow.

I beseech you enter your life.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 20665 [Edit]
Me and my waifus song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3RspM7v9M

Pop rock and boy bands seem to appeal to me when they are about love. I don't care if normalfags think it's gay or not.

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9]


[Home] [Manage]



[ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / fb / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]