This is a board for topics that don't fit on other boards, but that are still otaku/hobby related.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 37253)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: BMP, EPUB, GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, MP4, OGG, PDF, PNG, PSD, SWF, TORRENT, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3588 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 160978357784.jpg - (108.38KB , 879x1267 , b8db3932f68dcf996caceb589451ba63.jpg )
37253 No. 37253 [Edit]
What are some things that really bug you?
Things that genuinely piss you off?

I thought it would be nice to have a thread to vent about any little annoyance, no mater how big or small.
Any and all complains about the world around you are welcome here!
Expand all images
>> No. 37254 [Edit]
File 160978466721.jpg - (180.73KB , 850x476 , sample_5b2099a8f7425b454893fe8473cf2d25.jpg )
37254
I don't like junk food. Fast food, american candy bars, stuff from cans. Lately I've been noticing that these things lack vibrancy somehow. They taste "dead". There's lots of sugar and salt and oil, but it reminds me a reanimated corpse. Something like dried cherries are a lot nicer to me, but those products don't sell as well as those breakfast cereal abominations.

I like fresh ingredients and some raw things and I can't stand over-cooked meat. The acidity and mild sweetness of a raw tomato and berries can't be replicated by artificial flavors or if they're more processed. Yet lots of people are satisfied with and actually like dominoes and burger king, so do they not detect this difference? Can they not tell when food tastes more "alive"?

Post edited on 4th Jan 2021, 10:25am
>> No. 37256 [Edit]
>>37254
Never been a big foodie personally. I know junk food is shit and unhealthy but since I don't tend to think much about food, I don't really care. I will say however that I'm genetically predisposed to drink mountain dew, given that my fathers family all also drink it in copious amounts.
>> No. 37258 [Edit]
>>37256
I don't know what your diet is like, but if you don't care much about food in general, wouldn't eating healthy be just as easy and eating junk for you?

Some studies indicated eating Oreos got a greater pleasure response from rats than cocaine. The few times I ate one though as a kid, I got the sense that whatever I was eating was toxic just from the taste and immediately wanted to stop. I don't remember if I ever drank Mountain Dew before, but I have drank Gatorade and that also reminded me of poison.
>> No. 37261 [Edit]
>>37258
It's astounding that most snacks in america are so sugary. Oreos are cloyingly sweet. And especially worrying that popular cereals are just means to funnel sugar (people eat cookies for breakfast?). It's hard to find things that aren't drenched with it (and you always have to be on the lookout for products that claim 0 sugar but then just use aspartame or some other substitute; it's still sweet!).
>> No. 37263 [Edit]
>>37261
Does any of that even have real sugar? I'm sure it would taste far better if it did. Sugar "replacements" are so much worse than what they're supposed to save you from.
>> No. 37264 [Edit]
File 160981253888.jpg - (275.56KB , 800x1284 , a0869263ceb9123aa0b610f8414abb33.jpg )
37264
>>37263
They use corn syrup a lot because it's cheaper. It's possible to avoid it if you're willing to pay a bit more.

Post edited on 4th Jan 2021, 6:10pm
>> No. 37265 [Edit]
>>37254
I think the majority of fast food is garbage but some of it is tolerable, we don't have burger king here but some fast food places do serve decent BBQ burgers, it must be the sauce it has more flavour so it can conceal more. I never had American sweets but our local chocolate tends to be quite bad, Swiss and Belgian chocolate are good though, some local chocolate can be good if it is a kind that has some other flavour with it like licorice coated chocolate but even then it's just alright.

Also it seems that many people are just too lazy to cook. It really surprises me but for example my sister and my brother cannot cook and do not cook, they pretty much have takeaway every night. I don't understand how people can be so lazy and waste so much money like that.
>> No. 37270 [Edit]
>>37265
I'm not a fan of barbeque sauce. It's sweet and like you said masks the flavor of the meat. Sweet and savory isn't a combo I'm into. Maybe it's different in your country. Chocolate's not generally my thing either, but when I do eat it, I prefer it to be as dark as possible.
>> No. 37271 [Edit]
>>37270
BBQ sauce isn't necessarily sweet; it's just that Kansas City-style (and similar ones like Memphis) is the most prevalent among the mainstream brands. The best sauces are the ones that permeate the meat and accentuate it with the sauces' spices. With that said, if you want a sweet BBQ sauce, cook down fruit to make it, and then pour it on some hearty rice. The result will be deliciously decadent, filling, and if done right, healthy enough.
>> No. 37272 [Edit]
>>37258
"Junk" food tends to be cheaper in my experience with careful reading of price tags and calorie count, aside from actually baking my own bread or just eating nothing but rice. I guess if I really think about it, most junk food tastes like bready sawdust with some salt and flavorless sauce. But since junk food is "easier" to make and eat, I prefer it over food that might take some time to prepare and that I can't just shove down my throat to maximize caloric intake. What I lack in vitamins I make up for in not actually making up for it and accepting my shortened lifespan due to laziness.
>> No. 37297 [Edit]
Red lipstick annoys me and I don't know why anybody likes it. Lighter colored lips always look better.
>> No. 37298 [Edit]
>>37297
I don't like make-ups in general.
>> No. 37302 [Edit]
File 161008159556.jpg - (424.78KB , 1187x1895 , edb11a344582620b8a16b3db85f4ad54.jpg )
37302
>>37298
Make-up is funny in the sense that it practically represents the dishonest nature of women. They (used to) do whatever it takes to look all pretty and nice but it's all a facade for the hideousness underneath and this doesn't just apply to their outwards appearance. Supposedly it's bad for the skin that they act like they care about so much so I didn't like the sound of it much.
>> No. 37303 [Edit]
>>37297
I agree. I think it looks like shit and I don't get it.
>> No. 37304 [Edit]
>>37297
>>37303
>>37302
I've been reading a book that explains the biological reasons for things like lipsticks, comparing it to monkey and other animal behavior.
While natural, it kinda makes it even more disgusting.
I'm at this point were I dislike women so much that I'm afraid the disgust could even reach the 2D world.
>> No. 37305 [Edit]
>>37302
Often the reason they use makeup in the first place is because they have bad skin.
>> No. 37306 [Edit]
File 161010955737.jpg - (114.54KB , 850x939 , sample_d53940ffad41bfea19cd265b5a5fcbad.jpg )
37306
>>37304
>I'm at this point were I dislike women so much that I'm afraid the disgust could even reach the 2D world.
Men like women for the way they look, or an ideal of how they look(2d characters). Woman don't own that though. They think they do, but they don't. It doesn't belong to them. They'll all grow old and unappealing, but those ideal images were created by men and are eternal. I have hope that there's light at the end of the tunnel. That ideal can become completely independent of its disappointing model.
>> No. 37307 [Edit]
File 161012076578.jpg - (1.35MB , 933x1268 , 7637612e0139bb614650a4dd2111dcdf.jpg )
37307
>>37304
>I'm at this point were I dislike women so much that I'm afraid the disgust could even reach the 2D world.
I'm already there. Not completely, of course, but I notice similarities between the behaviors and opinions of characters and 3d sometimes.
>>37306
Sometimes I wonder if the reason women screech so much about how fictional characters looking good is somehow sexist is really just rooted in their own case of body envy. But I'm extremely insecure about my own body and I've never done the same so that explanation always felt too simple for me to believe while also being too believable to dismiss.

Post edited on 8th Jan 2021, 7:50am
>> No. 37308 [Edit]
>>37306
I know it's not rational, but sometimes I can't help but be remembered of them by any representation. I hope that doesn't make me completely fall for the trap trap. Sometimes I like to apply platonism and think 3DPD is just a bad, flawed copy of the ideal 2D, so more real that what we usually call real.

>>37307
I suspect I know the reasons for that. You don't compete. Even if you did the worth of a male is just marginally related to his physical form. 2D (or porn, sex-dolls, prostitution) is a serious competence, not because they need us losers for any kind of relation but because an higher demand adds to their value. I could easily find women that feel the most extreme disgust for me, but at the same time express perplexity and almost feel indignant to my disdain for any relation with their kind. It's also a matter of simple power.
>> No. 37309 [Edit]
>>37308
>at the same time express perplexity and almost feel indignant to my disdain for any relation with their kind
I haven't seen much of that. Maybe they think that way, but it seems more common for them to dismiss people they don't like not trying as a good thing. It really doesn't matter. Just ignore the annoying ones.
>> No. 37310 [Edit]
File 161013512726.jpg - (130.01KB , 800x520 , dadb97758365289e3cc5d3962ff0a6bd.jpg )
37310
Evolutionary Psychology. I looked at some of it, watched a few videos made by "experts" in the field. From what I've seen, it's 99% speculation. It's actually worse than psychology because their "findings" aren't directly based on the things they're about. It's also annoying how it drags evolution into itself.
>> No. 37314 [Edit]
>>37310
Psychology in general is often seen as barely being a science. Having said that though, we have been making progress in brain chemistry and how that relates to mental states, but is that really psychology?
>> No. 37315 [Edit]
>>37314
No, that's neuroscience. Psychology is the study of "the mind and behavior". It's entirely founded upon the idea of a "mind" and the assumptions that comes with it because that was the best people could do at the time of its inception. Neuroscience will eventually subsume psychology.
>> No. 37317 [Edit]
File 161016776879.png - (1.48MB , 1000x1200 , 1986f7fdeb564b8b602c23a373c57601.png )
37317
Self-deprecating jokes. They aren't funny to me because the punchlines are often recycled and it just comes off as someone trying to make fun of themselves before anyone else can or because they are desperate to be seen as funny and be liked. Youtubers like doing this sometimes and that just makes it more annoying because I don't understand why those creatures need to try so hard to be liked when their life will be handed to them because they are normalshits. The only defense that I know of is the most common one that says people should "not take themselves too seriously and learn to laugh at themselves" but self-deprecating jokes don't ever feel like that. I thought "not taking yourself too seriously" would be something more along the lines of keeping your ego in check, learning to yield when the time calls for it, valuing another person's viewpoint equally instead of rooting yourself in your own position, and other things that can make a person more reasonable. I think I have seen one or two self-deprecating jokes that were actually funny but I have seen it very rarely.
>> No. 37318 [Edit]
>>37317
Doesn't seem like you have a beef with self-deprecating jokes--just boring and recycled jokes in general, employed by egotists and egoists.
>> No. 37319 [Edit]
>>37317
Another problem with such jokes is that if they aren't true it just comes across as incredibly fake like if an attractive person jokes about being ugly and if it is true and they joke about it it just sounds sad and like he had given up and is now even putting himself down to fit in.
>> No. 37320 [Edit]
>Things that genuinely piss you off?
People like this guy >>37317. What an absolute dick.
>> No. 37321 [Edit]
>>37320
If you disagree with something someone else says, either explain why or ignore them. Passive aggressively insulting them in the third person is being a dick.
>> No. 37322 [Edit]
>>37321
Dude you're an asshole plain and simple.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 37323 [Edit]
>>37322
I'm not the same anon.
>> No. 37324 [Edit]
>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Must have hit the soft spot.

Refer to rules 11 and 3
>> No. 37325 [Edit]
>>37317
I assume most of them are attempts at not taking one's self too seriously, and highlighting one's faults to demonstrate humility while showing that the person knows they aren't perfect. But as you said, many don't seem to understand this and instead use this type of humor simply because it's popular to do so.
>> No. 37326 [Edit]
>>37325
I think it can also be a coping mechanism. If you make fun of yourself, your problems also seem more trivial. I do that in my head sometimes.
>> No. 37346 [Edit]
Kids on the internet giving their snarky takes on how outdated old worldviews were/are and how we "need to progress past them". Jesus Christ, it must smell having your head that far up your own ass. I'm no one to praise the past as a perfect ideal in any way, and I really do mean that, but it just gets me off the wrong way to see people acting so arrogant of their own supposedly un-anachronistic platitudes. Especially knowing most of these are late highschoolers or uni kiddies who just ran into a different worldview from their dads for the first time. As if the heavily impressionable youth of today and the decade before is anymore knowledgeable about "true right" than people who knew about the very same ideas they laud now, over a hundred years ago. I know they really believe in their pea-sized brains that it's their moral duty to drag everyone kicking and screaming into the future, and it's obnoxious as hell. Maybe you don't have to reinvent the fucking wheel.
>> No. 37347 [Edit]
>>37346
Politics in general have became something that annoy me. People get way too engrossed in these narratives and it's bad for the country. I just want to enjoy my goddamn escapism without getting told I'm a racist or a cuck. I'm not even an "enlightened centrist". I'm just tired and want a nice and peaceful life that doesn't have some contrived drama trying to get me to hate my fellow countrymen.
>> No. 37349 [Edit]
File 161047350514.jpg - (393.99KB , 850x1192 , sample_9185c0c1b5bad88e53c584598676f5bf.jpg )
37349
>>37347
People get so into politics because they're spiritually starved and faced with a constant existential threat from people with power. They have no identity or validation from society. They don't feel comfortable or in control. There's no reassuarance that you're all right, things are all right and everything will get better. When you're in your own little town and things are going good and everybody is on the same page, that's when people are happy.
>> No. 37350 [Edit]
>>37349
The obsessive nature of people currently into politics has come across to me as almost identical to religious zealots from before. It should have been obvious in retrospect that people's lost of faith would create a void. It absolutely seems that political parties have now replaced religions among the weak of mind.
>> No. 37351 [Edit]
>>37350
I think you're onto something here. I can see how we're closing in into a 21th century Spanish Inquisition.
>> No. 37369 [Edit]
Reminder that everything is political--including your bowel movements and digital representations thereof. (I hate it.)
>> No. 37402 [Edit]
File 161129594963.jpg - (165.70KB , 1440x1080 , cap_[a-s]_mobile_suit_zeta_gundam_-_23_-_moon_atta.jpg )
37402
Politics replacing spirituality is an interesting observation, people also use materialism as a replacement for it, specifically brand loyalty. More thinking is required to make a point about this.
>> No. 37403 [Edit]
>>37402
The general population are incapable of creating value for themselves and in the absence of religion they will always find a need to replace it with something else, an identity if you will. A (false) sense of belonging. It can virtually be anything that resonates and reinforces their extant inner values. You could say that this might be the natural order of things and what leads to the rise and fall of civilization although the cycle have probably been disrupted in the modern world and instead takes semblance as the materialism you've mentioned.

Post edited on 21st Jan 2021, 10:37pm
>> No. 37405 [Edit]
>>37402
While I believe politics have replaced religion, I think brand loyalty may be to an extent a replacement for tribes and communities similar to sports for a long time now, but mainly it's about one's projected personal image.
In political obsession, I see people treat political figures like deities. I've seen some people even compare those who wont be named to Jesus. They hang on these people's every word, they think what the party/religion tells them to think, they buy what they're told to buy, they hate who the party tells them to hate, and they elevate the leaders to unrealistic levels while forgetting they're just people at the end of the day. I don't think it's a coincidence the word "cult" is being tossed around a lot in politics these days.

Hard core brand loyalty on the other hand, with the exception of perhaps apple or tesla, don't generally have a figure head for people to wordship. It's not about a belief set or life style principles as we're seeing with politics, it's about identity and belonging to a group or team. When someone buys "Supreme" products and ensures the name is plastered across everything they own, what they're really buying is an image, something that proudly boasts who they are and what group they're affiliated with. That brand might be something that says "I'm better than you because I know about this cool product only cool people like me know about". Or someone might subscribe to energy drink brands, falling for the advertising campaigns and trying to give off the wild cool rebellious energetic impression. They might cover themselves in Adidas to look like a rich athlete, or whatever the hell those Russians are going for when they do that.

That said, I think the more mild form of brand loyalty is simply a case of people sticking with what they know, or what has served them well in the past. I keep buying ThinkPads, because I've had little issue with them vs other brands which appear more unreliable in my limited experience. I'm also guilty of having a bias towards sony products in spite of disliking the direction the company has gone and having issues with their more recent products. In that case it's less objective decision making and more a nostalgia and a sticking with what used to work, even if it doesn't anymore. Humans do this a lot I think. If something works once, and it becomes proven, they'll assume it will continue that way and these people will stay with it even when it starts to do more harm than good. Hell, they even do this with other humans. Of course I may have also succumb to the 'image' appeal, maybe part of me felt that brand gave off a clean cut image, one of good reliable reputation.. Even when you know what industries do, it can be hard for someone who's only human to resist their manipulative tactics. Lord only knows how much money and research some of these companies have put into understanding the human mind and how best to take advantage of it. People who think they haven't been manipulated to even some degree, probably just don't realize how bad they have it.
>> No. 37406 [Edit]
>>37403
I sometimes wonder how much of my own beliefs are really reflective of my core values and how much has been grafted on by politics and in-groups. I have had a rather tumultuous political journey and pretty much explored every single possible ideology to try and see what really resonated with me. I think at the end the only thing I came out with was a knowledge of simple likes and dislikes that I'd always been repressing, and the realization that if I wanted to do something, if I had an ambition or goal, I would have to have the power to do it. I guess, I just plainly don't like people who aren't the same race as me. I wish I could say I had some reason, but the truth is I just feel uncomfortable around them, and I don't care enough about world unity or whatever to try to force myself to like them.
>> No. 37413 [Edit]
Few seemingly take it easy these days.
>> No. 37418 [Edit]
File 161147525431.jpg - (136.14KB , 800x600 , 7e0b3a0369fccbe46a2a75570045d8f9.jpg )
37418
It doesn't make me angry per se but it gives me more of a confused annoyance. I never understood or liked how unpopular people like robots or hikineets will be so eager to throw insults at normals like calling them "losers", "pathetic", or some other such insults that implies they look down on them. I don't mean this as if I think normals are above such people, but it is odd to me that such unfortunate people will look down on people who are more "successful" in some ways than they are just because they can brag about having chose their lifestyle unlike normals who do what they do because they want to but fail at it for whatever reason or still succeed but are still looked down upon by unpopular people. It makes even less sense to me when they call people like them such names.

Post edited on 24th Jan 2021, 12:11am
>> No. 37419 [Edit]
>>37418
If you get raped as a kid you will rape as an adult, if you get abused, you will abuse. It's almost a natural law. And it's perfectly logical, you interact with the language you have been teached.
One of my sources of frustration is how I can't become an abuser in any context even after being abused, it feels like a biological malfunction.
>> No. 37420 [Edit]
>>37419
>If you get raped as a kid you will rape as an adult

But that's wrong, though.
>> No. 37421 [Edit]
>>37419
As the anon above me said this untrue. I personally know people who where raped as children and have not grown up to be pedos or rapists. Processing your trauma and realizing it wasn't your fault is way way better for yourself and everyone else then going out and repeating the same mistakes. Pain breeds pain, break the cycle because if you cause more pain you are only garunteeing to hurt yourself even more.
>> No. 37422 [Edit]
>>37420
>>37421
No, I didn't mean getting raped as a kid means a 100% mathematically perfect chance you will rape as an adult and absolutelly all persons that ever got raped became rapists, it's just common on sexual abusers to have a past of sexual abuse themselves, it's a common factor to take in consideration.

>Processing your trauma and realizing it wasn't your fault

Are you sure it wasn't, though? In all cases? Who decides that?
>> No. 37423 [Edit]
File 16115003219.jpg - (688.07KB , 1200x808 , 50362873_p0_master1200.jpg )
37423
>>37418
>it is odd to me that such unfortunate people will look down on people who are more "successful" in some ways than they are
That doesn't make much sense. People, including myself, look down on normalfags because of their mindset. "Success" isn't part of it, the obsession with "success" is.
>> No. 37425 [Edit]
>>37423
Not him but what I think he's saying is that it's petty and a waste of energy. You're also acting like them in a way, playing the same game. Normals enjoy mocking and belittling those they see bellow them to feel better about themselves, often out of insecurity. They need constant reminders that there are people less successful than themselves, so they can say to themselves "I'm glad I'm not like 'those' people".
We can and should be better than that. Let the normals ruin their lives and pretend they're better off. Let them wage slave to pay for their useless degree, their 40 year mortgage, their child support for kids they never get to see. let them blast hiphop/rock from their generic muscle cars that they'll never finish paying off so they can feel oh so cool. Let them get drunk on their couch after work while screaming at successful athletes on the tv who they live vicariously through because they can't face the fact they haven't done anything with their own lives. We don't need their approval, we don't need to prop ourselves up by putting them down, we don't need anything from them.
>> No. 37426 [Edit]
File 161151613728.png - (353.47KB , 1000x1100 , 2efc6e838d5bddfcf9717c78037700ad.png )
37426
>>37425
That's fine and all, but normalfags are actually harmful and dangerous to me in a multitude of ways. They also outnumber us by a massive degree. Belittling normalfags isn't something I'd do to feel like I'm worth something, it would be a coping mechanism for being afraid of and nearly powerless against them.
>> No. 37427 [Edit]
>>37425
>we don't need anything from them.

Sadly, most of us we do. Starting with getting a job and keeping it, basically means having to deal with them every single day unless you or your family are rich.
About the insecurity thing, it makes me think; I'm the most insecure of all and never did that, it's weird that insecurity serves as an explanation of being both and agressive bastard and a passive weakling. Not a particular criticism, just something that bothers me.
>> No. 37428 [Edit]
>>37425
You seem very eager to belittle other people yourself, anon.
>> No. 37429 [Edit]
People who drive slow annoy me. They aren't driving slow because they're worried about being safe. They're often some of the worst drivers on the road. They think that by driving slow they're being safe and as a result pay the minimal amount of attention to what's going on around them. When you're driving quickly (within reason) you have to pay attention. It's a weird paradox but both my personal experience and statistics seem to bear it out.

I want more places with minimum speed limits. And higher top speed limits. Modern cars can do so much more than 60mph safely as long as the weather isn't bad.

>>37426
You should keep in mind not all normalfags are like that. It's just that the ones who are stick out very strongly. Most normals seem more confused by our types than hateful but it's easy to miss when there does exist that certain subset of insecure normies who take offense at our existence.
>> No. 37430 [Edit]
>>37429
>not all normalfags are like that
The only difference is their level of ignorance and authority. The more they learn and more influence they have, the more hostile they become.
>> No. 37432 [Edit]
>>37422
Gotcha on the first bit. I'm saying it's cultural in the cases where it does happen and doesn't need to be that way. Who decides that? The act of rape itself is a violent coercive act, by definition the victim isn't at fault, especially a child because a child cannot consent to sex because they don't even understand what sex is.
>> No. 37434 [Edit]
>>37429
The autobahn is a good example
>> No. 37436 [Edit]
>>37429
I hate driving and I hate the competitive driving mentality. It's fucking retarded that people tap into their primal tribal brain for what in reality is a mundane, boring, and inefficient daily commute. It's not like it's a fun street race or something where you'll really get any substantial benefit in commute time, I can't understand why so many people put so much emotion into it. The amount of road rage I've witnessed between two dumbass drivers just boggles my mind. Are people really that desperate to get to mr. shekelsteins office 30 seconds sooner? I think the multi-lane highway was just a huge mistake. Why on gods green earth would you put people in a situation where their brains will instinctively get frustrated with any decrease in momentum or speed? I don't even blame the drivers, I understand perfectly well what it feels like to want to go a little faster in some task, but to have to wait for other things to get into place in order to do so. That's what makes it such a bad idea in my opinion, because it's not something that you should let that impatient part of your brain manage.
>> No. 37438 [Edit]
>>37429
I've heard in many places cops will pull you over for it. I know I've spoken to a few who can't seem to grape the concept of slower drivers putting people at risk. People driving at normal rates of speeds or higher have to bob and weave around people like this, these people think they have the right to make everyone else drive slow and intentionally block faster drivers, hitting breaks for no reason, grid locking, ect. This only creates congestion and accidents, but good luck explaining that to these people who think they're heros.
>> No. 37439 [Edit]
>>37426
>>37427
That's true, we do need to cooperate with them on some level. What I meant is you don't need them to feel good about yourself.

>>37428
You might be right, maybe I'm a hypocrite.
>> No. 37441 [Edit]
>>37429
I'm a slow driver, I drive at what speed I am comfortable with and I don't care if I hold anybody up.

In my country and area at least it is not slow drivers that cause accidents, statistically it is fast drivers. I live in the country, most people that crash here do so due to overconfidence, it's not the city folk that crash as being in a new area they are slow and cautious, it's the locals that crash as they get overconfident and go faster.
>> No. 37442 [Edit]
>>37436
In my case I don't think it's the decrease in speed so much as having someone block my way. I feel the same way when I'm walking in a store and people block the aisle and I'm forced to change how I walk while keeping behind these people or find another route to my destination, just because these people can't stay to one side. Be a slow driver or walker if you want, just keep to the side and let people pass. Yes it's silly to break speed limits and drive aggressively just to end up at the same stop light (this is why I think driving like that in the city is stupid) but I'd rather not have someone like that ridding my ass and potentially rear end me. I've already been hit once and it's not fun. The guy turned around and hauled ass in the opposite direction, leaving me to pay for the delectable on my car repairs.

Post edited on 25th Jan 2021, 7:25pm
>> No. 37445 [Edit]
>>37436
For me it's not necessarily "competitive driving" but just the way I've became used to driving. Basically I had a commute that was pretty conducive to driving fast and after doing that every day for a few years it made me much better and more alert on the road. Some slow drivers are just patient but a lot of them really aren't paying attention or don't know how to make their car do what they want and drive slowly to compensate.
>> No. 37452 [Edit]
I'm eating an apple I bought only a few days ago and it has the consistency of wet sand. Kind of tastes like it too. Why are apples so inferior to pears? Pears get softer, but also sweeter with age. Fuck apples.
>> No. 37453 [Edit]
The fun of fast driving is not to hit the gas pedal during a straight line. It is to just cruise through the lines and go very fast on the curves. Doing fast curves makes driving more fun, and can be done in a urban setting.
>> No. 37460 [Edit]
>>37452
Which type of apple? The most popular kinds in the US – red delicious and the green one – are tasteless garbage. If you're lucky you might find a honeycrisp. If you like sweet, maybe Fuji? I don't know where you can find any of these though.
>> No. 37461 [Edit]
>>37460
The packaging says gala. Apparently this kind has surpassed red delicious as the most produced.

If I had to eat an apple I'd want it to be hard, crisp and tart, with some kind of unique twist to it, like bitterness, sourness or having a floral taste. Maybe it's because I ate them as a kid, but raw apples all seem to have a "generic taste" to them from what I've tried.

Post edited on 27th Jan 2021, 1:06pm
>> No. 37462 [Edit]
>>37461
I'm sure there's an apple variety that fits that considering that there appear to be thousands of varieties (maybe Pink Lady? I've heard that those are tart and crisp). Interestingly even though a large number of varieties are grown in the US (~2000) I don't think these are all grown for mass-market consumption, and I don't know how you'd go about purchasing them (maybe you have to visit the apple orchard yourself? Or go to a farmer's market?)

If you like interesting content, https://story.californiasunday.com/cosmic-crisp-apple-launch may be worth a read. It's about the recently developed "Cosmic Crisp" apple which is "dramatically dark, richly flavored and explosively crisp and juicy" and has a lot of buzz surrounding it.
>> No. 37463 [Edit]
>>37452
I have never eaten wet sand. I think I know the consistency you are referring to, it is atrocious indeed. Pure trash. Try Fuji, it is better. Also apples are better, you just don't know how to buy good apples. Also keep them in the fridge for better taste.
>>37460
Any grocery store has Fuji apples, don't know about the other ones.
>> No. 37464 [Edit]
File 161179064588.jpg - (414.88KB , 583x700 , a468e0dc78d106186b2ee1f961408326.jpg )
37464
>>37463
In what way are apples better than pears?
>> No. 37466 [Edit]
>>37452
I've never been a huge fan of the consistency of fruits in general. It's a bit like leaves wrapped around soggy potatos with way too much fiber in them. Never quite understood how humans have been eating that shit for thousands of years. Yeah yeah I know my palette is "immature". I don't have a problem with vegetables, I just don't like fruits. They also tend to be really pungent especially banana. People think I'm insane when I say this but I start suffocating from the stench when someone peels back a banana.
>> No. 37467 [Edit]
>>37466
I'm the same, vegetables are fine but I don't like fruits. Don't understand why people tend to hold fruits in such high regards. Then again I also prefer the savory to the sweet and fruits are sweet.
>> No. 37469 [Edit]
File 161183759140.jpg - (49.78KB , 850x478 , sample_0a67929893382dcde1c2f6ae203d6584.jpg )
37469
>>37466
>the consistency of fruits in general
The texture of a banana and a plum or a raspberry or a pomegranate, has literally nothing in common. Potatoes are full of starch, while most fruits have next to none. Fruits are also basically the only natural source of a lot of sugar many people ever had access to(which you need to live). I don't think you're insane, just ignorant.
>> No. 37470 [Edit]
>>37469
>natural source of a lot of sugar
I don't think there's much a difference between "natural" sugar and table sugar though? Fruit sugar is mainly fructose+glucose (=sucrose) which table sugar also is. I think the only difference is that it's easy to overuse table sugar whereas fruits have a natural limit. And fruits also have fiber/starch/etc. so there's at least some sustenance.
>> No. 37471 [Edit]
>>37470
The difference is that people didn't always have access to table sugar.
>> No. 37473 [Edit]
>>37464
They are sweet, have the perfect amount of hardness, easier to cut, and tastes better. However there has been years since I last ate a pear. In respect to you, I will give them one more try soon.
>> No. 37475 [Edit]
>>37473
I usually eat Bartlett pears. I prefer them at their hardest, but they're also nice when they get more ripe.
>> No. 37480 [Edit]
>>37469
I know fruits are supposed to be good for you or some shit. I just can't stand them. And there is something in common. The texture is just weirdly chunky/gritty/stringy , always. I can't explain it because most people probably aren't autistic enough to care about food textures that much. But biting into a fruit gives me the same sensation that nails on a chalkboard does. Even hearing someone bite down on an apple makes me cringe.
>> No. 37597 [Edit]
After upgrading git:

>hint: Using 'master' as the name for the initial branch. This default branch name
>hint: is subject to change. To configure the initial branch name to use in all
>hint: of your new repositories, which will suppress this warning, call:
>hint:
>hint: git config --global init.defaultBranch <name>
>hint:
>hint: Names commonly chosen instead of 'master' are 'main', 'trunk' and
>hint: 'development'. The just-created branch can be renamed via this command:
>hint:
>hint: git branch -m <name>

The people who are pushing this garbage have probably never seen a black person, much less talk with one. Get me off this ride.
>> No. 37598 [Edit]
>>37597
Take it to /tat/
>> No. 37599 [Edit]
File 161279898369.jpg - (55.63KB , 850x637 , sample_002e189e3ecf496be8f2084433ed97b8.jpg )
37599
Jokes that go something like: Hey you, I want to kill you, your family and everybody remotely related to you because you're all evil. Ha ha hi hi. Just kidding.

Isn't it funny to be told for decades that you're the root of all the world's problems? Isn't that the best comedy material? There's nothing alienating about that.
>> No. 37600 [Edit]
>>37599
I think anyone who thinks that's funny would surely have some serious mental issues, and he's probably not 100% kidding. What did you do to piss this guy off?
>> No. 37601 [Edit]
>>37598
You're right, but I forgot to set a password, and now I can't delete it. I never learn.
>> No. 37602 [Edit]
File 161281418024.jpg - (252.08KB , 850x1133 , 5E9ED04D-6623-414F-ADF3-77E6710128BA-14446-000018D.jpg )
37602
>>37600
My dad's jewish. Never was a part of that community or felt attatched to it, but it still hurts a little and wears me down when people on sites I otherwise like make me feel like a pariah and paranoid.
>> No. 37603 [Edit]
File 161282705448.jpg - (276.33KB , 600x410 , wave.jpg )
37603
>>37597
>git branch -m <name>
Ah yes "-m" for renaming a branch. How clear and intuitive. You can tell that the maintainers of git truly embrace the aesthetics of measured asymmetry (perhaps inspired by sprezzatura or Japanese art) by how they playfully assigned branch deletion to "-d" but opted for succinct flagless-ness when creating branches. I especially love how to list all of the branches it's just "git branch."
>> No. 37604 [Edit]
>>37602
>>37599
Look man I'm not gonna say you're evil, because you personally probably are not, but you have to realize that the whole problem of ethnically homogeneous societies being diluted largely stemmed from the the "Jewish problem", where in the 18th, 19th and 20th century, jews had no proper ethnic homeland and could be found traveling around europe like the romanians. Regardless of what you think about modern antisemitism, that was a real and well documented problem that really happened and resulted in a lot of problems. In that sense it's to be expected that people will resent your race for representing those problems. I don't think you should take it personally. But unfortunately that in addition to the behavior of modern Israel is going to make it hard for Jewish people if there ever is a war that the modern western liberal democracy does not survive. I don't know exactly what to say, I'm sorry but I also sympathize with people who are not happy with the whole Jewish problem.
>> No. 37605 [Edit]
>>37602
Sorry about that, a lot of people out there can really be assholes.
>> No. 37606 [Edit]
>>37603
Well, anon, "-m" obviously denotes the application of a "-m"oniker. The fanciful beauty of git's UI is often lost on the plebeians.
>> No. 37607 [Edit]
>>37602
Isn't Judaism passed down through the mother though? So you are not a jew. But regardless, many people think there is some kind of Jewish conspiracy to push leftist agendas but ignore the fact that many of the people pushing that are not Jews and most of the reason they do it is simply to make money, it just happens to be that many Jews are in positions of business so will make those leftist decisions to make money. The same thing happens here and we barely have any Jews in business. You could even be proud of being Jewish because of how successful many of these Jews are to get so much power for such a small community anyway.
>> No. 37608 [Edit]
File 161284437965.jpg - (102.12KB , 600x482 , a578d7499c5da83e45fec78ba94b1d9b.jpg )
37608
>>37607
Jewishness as a genetic thing is pretty well agreed upon. Nobody in my immediate family is religious.

I can't be proud of some other person's accomplishments. I don't feel like denying reality or hating myself either. I'd like to not care at all, but it always rears its head again eventually. If only everybody was as apathetic about it as Japanese people tend to be, Jews included. Just another gaijin is nice.

What's funny is that on stormfront/pol people talk about Jews being degenerates and pedophiles. On hentai related and /d/ like places, Jews are the ones censoring and ruining everything. Even on those boards that spam a lot and have actual, 3d pedophiles on them, Jews are the boogeymen causing anti-pedophile sentiment.
>> No. 37609 [Edit]
>>37608
I think it's as simple as a lot of people just inherently dislike Jews. Not even saying that they're right or wrong, but jews are a small, relatively weird minority that have caused a lot of problems in the past even if it was just indirectly and as a result of them having no proper ethnic homeland. It's natural for people to dislike them. I do think it's fucking retarded that people think jews are behind EVERY thing, but you can't deny that there exists a long animosity between jews and europeans. People of the same races shouldn't be living together for both races sakes. Imperialism and multi-culturalism are pretty much one and the same problem.
>> No. 37610 [Edit]
>>37609
I have pretty much no desire to live in Israel. Modern Jews are also a hodgepodge. I myself don't even neatly fit into one the categories they have.

Since when has what's "natural" for people been a part of image boards, a place originally for social outcasts?
>> No. 37611 [Edit]
File 161285759524.gif - (84.70KB , 501x585 , jewtrix.gif )
37611
>>37608
You can always be a jew that also hates jews. Sometimes I think I'm one.
Being accused of being the evil in the world isn't that bad. Evil is cool. It means power, intelligence, will. By the social darwinism most far-righters follow, if a ridiculous minority of just a few million people can control societies or even the whole world for centuries, they truly must be the superior race.
Anyway, if you were already an outcast it's just another thing to add to the pile, right?
>> No. 37612 [Edit]
This image set:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/87641600
>> No. 37629 [Edit]
File 161303708365.png - (23.43KB , 330x258 , d12e37c11ba384cff9de7e1b1f98c85ef20e2c68.png )
37629
This might come off as really autistic but torrent ratios really bother me.
It gets under my skin and nags at me when my ratio goes from 20 to 10 even though that is way more than most users get. 200 up, 20 down.
I am genuinely bothered that I lost a ~100 gb torrent that I had seeded for about 2 months, that nobody, including the staff and other users, would care is listed as snatched on my profile. It was even freeleech.
I don't understand why this stuff bothers me on such a visceral level, nobody not even the staff cares and have given my profile an "award" for seeding so long.
>> No. 37642 [Edit]
File 161315375465.jpg - (0.96MB , 1920x1080 , [SubsPlease] Hataraku Saibou Black - 03v2 (1080p) .jpg )
37642
Thoughts like this and the idea that what's natural is bound to be right and good. I think what separates us humans from animals are precisely the opposite - that we have the capability to defy our own design.
>> No. 37643 [Edit]
>>37642
Cells in your body are going to be biased. Don't hold it against them.
>> No. 37644 [Edit]
>>37642
Right and good are, forgive the phrase, spooks. What is natural is technically the only RIGHT because it is the way things are driven by the forces of the universe. It's not that it is qualitatively desirable, but that there is no other choice.
>> No. 37646 [Edit]
>>37642
Well they're cells, so of course they'd think so. I never personally understood why it was so important though, and appeals to abstract things like "lineage" seemed more like they wanted to sell me on some sort of ponzi scheme.
>> No. 37647 [Edit]
>>37646
There's the mindset that having to die isn't as bad if you leave people on this earth. People who are kind of like you. It's like compensation. I don't buy into it, but I can understand it.
>> No. 37648 [Edit]
>>37647
You're right, my perspective is probably biased by the fact that I'm neutral to mildly disinclined regarding existence in general. If someone viewed existence/life as a net positive thing, then I can understand why they would strive to create more of it: out of the belief that they're doing some "good," and as a counter against their own mortality.
>> No. 37651 [Edit]
File 161319344650.jpg - (202.07KB , 600x800 , 929fe4ed4e0bbbfd677de1069617d0f5.jpg )
37651
>>37648
A few times, when I felt afraid of the thought of disappearing from the world, nobody remembering me and nothing being left of my existence, I contemplated artificial insemination. Even if I could do that, I probably wont since it wont really be like how I'd want it to be. Being the patriarch of a large household kind of seems appealing to me, but that kind of thing doesn't exist much anymore.
>> No. 37652 [Edit]
>>37644
>Right and good are, forgive the phrase, spooks.
I agree

>What is natural is technically the only RIGHT because it is the way things are driven by the forces of the universe. It's not that it is qualitatively desirable, but that there is no other choice.
Going further will only lead to a pointless debate but although I disagree, I will agree to disagree.
>> No. 37653 [Edit]
>>37644
Pretty sure life goes against the natural direction of the universe since it takes simple things and makes them more complex.
>> No. 37654 [Edit]
>>37653
Are you referring to entropy and how "life" seems to be a mechanism for locally lowering entropy (of course at the expense of a global increase in entropy elsewhere). In this view "life" is some sort of entropy-transfer mechanism. But there are other phenomenon in nature like this so although it's an interesting observation it's only a necessary but not sufficient characteristic of life.
>> No. 37655 [Edit]
>>37654
>there are other phenomenon in nature like this
Sure, but aren't organic compounds the most complex in the universe?
>> No. 37670 [Edit]
>>37655
Yes, thanks to carbon's ability to form many bonds with various other elements. In referring to "other phenomenon" I was speaking purely from an entropy-based viewpoint.
>> No. 37673 [Edit]
>>37642
This is tangential (well I suppose it strictly counts as an annoyance) but I'm quite pissed that the non-black Hataraku Saibou S2 has skimped on medical content. I don't expect any sort of in-depth medical infodump, but S1 at least introduced some lesser known cell-types. S2 seems to have fallen prey to the issue of just sticking with the same formula and riding on S1's coattails; the most novel thing there is the (admittedly cute) lactobacterium but gut flora are relatively common knowledge at this point. Meanwhile the black version is willing to discuss things like reaction pathways and provides fodder for things to lookup in more depth later.
>> No. 37674 [Edit]
>>37673
They did though, the lactobacterium episodes might have been dragged out too long but they also introduced langerhans cells and peyer's patch. They are certainly way too obsessed with cancer though and there were a lot of episodes that were definitely created with the pandemic in mind - viral infections, vaccinations and cytokine storms. The problem with "vanilla" is that the medium is so limited because they can't go "wild" as Black did. Black has more freedom to express many things because the "vessel" itself is also physically prone to illnesses. I might not have dropped Black if they hadn't pushed the whole adult angle so persistently and made the MC the "special one".
>> No. 37675 [Edit]
People's natural predisposition to belong to a "group" leading to everyone having the same mindless groupthink which in turn is very evident in every corner of the internet. There is no originality in thought, everyone speaks the same way and spouts similar tired nonsense everywhere and they are proud of it. Nobody looks for their own answers.
>> No. 37676 [Edit]
>>37675
A sad fact that is. I'm not entirely sure if here is any different, but I'd like to think so.
>> No. 37677 [Edit]
>>37675
>>37676
People who "look for their own answers" will almost certainly come to the same conclusion or a slight variation of it which somebody, somewhere already thought of and wrote about. It's impossible to not be influenced by other people in some way, and a person who isn't influenced, like if they were raised by animals or something, can't make much of any ideas in the first place.
>> No. 37678 [Edit]
I miss 24/7 grocery stores. You were slowly seeing less of them before COVID but after they're completely gone. Officially they did it to "sanitize their stores at night" but that isn't happening. It's because of theft and overhead. They aren't coming back, they were already getting phased out. If it was about Corona they'd want people to spread their shopping out so there was less contact.

Long, leisurely trips to the grocery store at 3am. What a joy those were.

>>37677
I've often had some "original" thought and only later discovered it was something already explored in greater detail. It makes me wonder if we came to those ideas independently or if some aspect of culture took inspiration from that idea and planted it in my head.
>> No. 37679 [Edit]
>>37677
My initial rant is not about the originality of thought being independent of outside influence but rather the lack of critical thinking from people that leads to its conclusion. People are just parroting one another and taking things at face value wholesale. And now that more and more people from every corner of the world has access to the internet the whole situation is exacerbated further. It's normal to see these comments in places like youtube and twitter but you see them nowadays in places like mangadex as well even in lesser known titles. The whole imageboard situation isn't helping either with their tendency to promote hivemind behavior.

>>37676
I'd like to as well, unfortunately small obscure imageboards are no longer that obscure and many are gradually dying.
>> No. 37680 [Edit]
>>37679
> imageboard situation isn't helping either with their tendency to promote hivemind behavior.
I think imageboards proportionately contribute very little to the situation you mentioned. 4chan is the only imageboard with enough traffic in the anglosphere to make any impact, and even then the rate of language diffusion from 4chan to external sites is anecdotally a lot lower than e.g. the rate of diffusion from reddit to others. On the other hand even if there's little external diffusion, there's plenty of internal mixing so you still end up with most threads in 4chan devolving into the same stale, predictable posts.
>> No. 37682 [Edit]
File 161343463762.jpg - (468.02KB , 3080x4096 , texas' secret hobby.jpg )
37682
Shipping. Ever since I first saw a character pairing when I was a kid I rarely saw pairings that actually make any sense. Many of them seem to operate on the idea that "opposites attract" but that's not only an inexperienced way to look at things but a very shallow one, especially when you consider that many opposites that are forced together tend to canonically hate and even try to kill each other, at times more than once. I sometimes assume that shipping is supposed to be about figuring out how two personalities would get along and love each other and what this relationship would look like. But that doesn't feel backed up when it looks like people drool at the thought of two characters with differing hair colors and constant feuds kissing. I guess that's just a consequence of it's primary demographic (women) but I can't help but expect better. Expecting better is something someone could probably tell me is unreasonable since even official media seems to put minimal effort into it's romances, even when the work in question is focused on that romance but that's a different rant.
What makes me angriest is that it could probably be done right and it wouldn't be as hard as people might initially think. But so few people think two people who get along and have common interests is "spicy" or "cute" so they make dumb "opposites attract" bullshit while they dumb people down to being as simple as atoms with opposing polarities and not finicky creatures with tastes, hobbies, personal beliefs, worldviews, and ambitions all while pointing to evidence that doesn't stand up to scrutiny unless anybody in charge of the official media happens to think the same way.
Also I don't appreciate seeing my waifu get paired with someone.
>> No. 37683 [Edit]
>>37682
Yeah I just think shipping is fucking retarded. Romance is OK if it's done well, but it never is, so I can't care about it.
>> No. 37684 [Edit]
File 161343676242.png - (1.32MB , 950x1173 , __toki_ayano_yurucamp_drawn_by_nekosination__9fb41.png )
37684
>>37682
I feel the same way about shipping and the whole opposites attract thing. I never have interest in the romance genre although there are rare instances where it could "work". Perhaps my idea of romance is also different from what people usually seek. Personally I value platonic relationships higher than romance. I admire creators who have a clear vision of what they want to create without obfuscating it with unnecessary romance but sadly that isn't generally the case. I don't have a waifu but I can sympathize. Not directly related but not too long ago I watched an interview with a fujoshi and they mentioned how they retreated into BL to find a "safe space", I think this is probably also true to some extent for people who likes yuri. Also, it seems like the older I get, there are increasingly more things that I find off-putting and subsequently it makes it harder to find things to enjoy. On the plus side it can be as >>37544 mentioned.
>> No. 37689 [Edit]
Nobody knows what they're talking about. Shutting the fuck up is the only thing left to do. Trying to talk is a mistake. Listening is an unfortunate accident. 沈黙は金雄弁は銀お隠れは金剛。
>> No. 37691 [Edit]
The average person was already like that, it's just more noticable because of widespread use of the internet and probably more annoying because of the obnoxious behaviour they imitate.
I also disagree with the sentiment that everyone frequents the same circles, aside from facebook people tend to stick to linguistic spheres.
>> No. 37695 [Edit]
People who intertwine Japanese words or phrases into their otherwise entirely English message. It looks as ridiculous online as it does in real life.
>> No. 37697 [Edit]
>>37695
ESL people tend to throw english words into their speech willy-nilly.
>> No. 37703 [Edit]
People who obsess over politics or make a singular thing/hobby there whole entire identity.
>> No. 37712 [Edit]
File 161358060435.jpg - (663.12KB , 850x1507 , sample_ed79b5bef314b28193fde4ffc8e4281a.jpg )
37712
"No show socks". It's just another little thing about 3d women that annoys me.
>> No. 37715 [Edit]
File 161366469397.jpg - (95.13KB , 850x642 , sample_ad9cf28328e162fbce49f5dbdb22879c.jpg )
37715
>>37253
The idea of being a "game dev" or really anybody working on a long term personal project kind of annoys me. Not that they're making something, but that they choose to take the role of "person who is in the process of making a thing". Why can't people make their thing in quiet, and only talk about it once it's finished? I can't count the number of times I got excited about some project someone started only for it to be abandoned mid-way through or never released in any form.
>> No. 37716 [Edit]
>>37715
I make a point to hide and never tell anyone about my plans because I always feel like a complete moron to get people excited about something I'm doing just to have to tell them I failed and I'm an idiot. Happened a couple of times. Told my parents I had decided to learn German and gave up after 4 or 5 months but mom and dad would constantly bring it up and ask me how I was doing. Did the same thing a year later telling them I was going to learn how to draw.

Now I never tell them anything and it's a good thing, too, because since then I have given up on a lot of stuff.
>> No. 37717 [Edit]
>>37716
It's nice that you have supportive parents. Every interest of mine is point of criticism.
>> No. 37718 [Edit]
>>37717
It is. I know I'm lucky, it's one of the reasons I feel so bad about disappointing them. I'm sorry to hear you don't have supportive parents. I was going to tell you to try to ignore their shit but I know it must be pretty hard thing to do, specially if it's happening since you're a kid.
>> No. 37719 [Edit]
>>37715
I suppose it has to do with the initial excitement and euphoria, similar to how people feel the need to share every little thing on platforms like twitter. Personally I don't understand the need to express and feel embarrassed to share anything incomplete but there were times when I had to convince my parents as >>37716 did but ultimately ended up feeling like a complete idiot when I failed.

>>37718
That's nice. My parents tend to keep quiet about my interests until it has become evident that I have failed after which they would pile miseries upon me.
>> No. 37728 [Edit]
It's not in my place to scrutinize about the proper usage of the English language but I'm mildly annoyed by the frequent use of addicting in place of addictive on the internet.
>> No. 37736 [Edit]
The trend of artists making doujin "shorts", I know its to milk fanbox subscriptions but its annoying to see on exhentai.
>> No. 37793 [Edit]
The kind of people who only check their email in the morning despite convenient, desktop email clients and phone apps making it possible to check them instantly with no fuss. When you need something from them within two to three hours, you end up having to wait an entire day.
>> No. 37794 [Edit]
>>37793
I really hate how instant communication has made people feel entitled to instant responses. I check my email daily only on a good week. I just can't get into the mindset of constantly checking for new information every fucking hour. If someone wants to contact me quickly they'll have to call me, or just expect that I won't be available. I want to get rid of my cellphone for the intent purpose that I won't be "available" at all times of the day, but the modern world practically requires it.
>> No. 37795 [Edit]
File 161414524230.jpg - (1.54MB , 3000x2750 , 1610501270039.jpg )
37795
>>37794
People can get awfully mad if you don't answer calls even late at night. I don't even use the usual messaging shit and when people know about that they look at you like you're handicapped or have some mental problem, even randomly throw you a tantrum and tell you how you can't possibly live without it as if it was some sort of sin or sacrilege.
I hate living in this kind of world of permanent connectivity and socialization, I can't live like this from a pure mental health point of view but for most people is the only possible way to exist. It's like living in 1984 or one of those dystopic novels, I just don't understand how we have degenerated into this and everyone's happy about it. I can't imagine how harsh this could become if I ever reach old age.
>> No. 37796 [Edit]
>>37795
I feel the same. For the longest of time I didn't have (nor wanted) a smartphone until I was gifted one by my father. I still get anxious about having to receive a call and hate the "social obligation" of owning a phone. Sometimes I feel like I've slipped into a parallel timeline where I shouldn't be, like I'm sitting on a lone boat drifting in a direction different from everybody else. Oftentimes I find myself struggling to understand how the world ended up the way it did and how everyone readily accepts it. The long years I've spent as shut-in adds another layer to make me feel like a time traveler each time I try to make sense of and "connect" with reality.
>> No. 37797 [Edit]
>>37796
I relate this to the kind of feeling old people must be used to. Living in a world that's nothing like the world you were born, a world you don't understand, you don't like, taking refuge in the old things you're familiar with.
You don't know how new technology works, you don't understand what people talk, all seems ugly, tasteless, violent. You're scared, out of place, waiting to die.
But I'm only in my 30's, that's the fucked up part.
>> No. 37798 [Edit]
>>37797
Yeah, I was reluctant to admit it before but that's how I saw it too. Simultaneously, I guess that point of view might be the thing that also helps them to eventually accept death. The funny thing though is that a lot of old people nowadays are also into this whole technological connectivity as well. I'm also in my 30s.

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Home] [Manage]



[ Rules ] [ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]