Steam Group

[Return]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 12328)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, RAR, SWF, WEBM, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7551 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1541 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 148462060571.jpg - (68.06KB , 480x640 , hcEB7DG.jpg )
12328 No. 12328 [Edit]
ITT: Post all of your unpopular opinions about anything related to games.
Expand all images
>> No. 12329 [Edit]
I like highly cinematic games and don't really mind long cutscenes.
>> No. 12330 [Edit]
>>12329
I think that's a normal opinion, only drowned out by vocal minority.
I just never understood why those people don't just skip cutscenes (and people who hate cutscenes so obviously don't care too much for story).
>> No. 12332 [Edit]
>>12330
>I think that's a normal opinion, only drowned out by vocal minority.
Couldn't you say that for just about any unpopular opinion?
>> No. 12333 [Edit]
File 148462679969.jpg - (89.66KB , 1280x720 , [DameDesuYo] Rokujouma no Shinryakusha - 06 (1280x.jpg )
12333
>>12332
Nah, for example: 'MGS2 is the best MGS', isn't opposed by a vocal minority, it's opposed by a plebeian majority.
>> No. 12334 [Edit]
>>12333
But everyone knows MGS3 is the best MGS!
>> No. 12336 [Edit]
The Souls games are shit. It's Monster Hunter for casuals.
>> No. 12337 [Edit]
>>12336
Can't blame you on that one.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're "shit", as I still managed to play through them, but its by far and away the most overrated series in existence with one of the most cancerous fanbases to match. They're relatively easy games whose only real 'difficulty' comes from the clunky controls and horrible camera (particularly in the first two entries), which lead to a lot of pitfall deaths- elements that would be heavily criticized in any other game, but are heralded in the Souls series as 'part of the difficulty'.

Also, I shouldn't be able to beat the "hardest boss ever" (Ornstein and Smough) on the first blind attempt by literally facetanking with high poise and mashing the attack button, healing as necessary.
>> No. 12343 [Edit]
This is only kind of video game related but I have a theory similar to the "nostalgia goggles" phenomenon except it has to do with a game's popularity. I think, regardless of how good any "cult classic" game is, it's merely a cult classic because it was/is unpopular.

Therefore I think it's completely fair to be critical towards unpopular game fanboyism in the same way childhood games are criticized in spite of a person's "nostalgia goggles".

One of the major factors as to why any of you like games such as Mother 3, Majora's Mask, Yume Nikki, etc is because of your subconscious desire to like something different and unpopular. It's really not that much different from overlooking all of the shitty aspects of Nintendo 64 games because you remember all the good parts from when you were a kid. You overlook the game's flaws because you like how different and cool it is. fucking hipsters.
>> No. 12344 [Edit]
I don't hate the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time and I never did. I also liked the Longshot.
>> No. 12345 [Edit]
water temple only has bad design and is flawed when you're like 9 and don't know what the hell you're supposed to be doing.

majora's mask is hands down the best zelda game in my eyes. i feel that everything about that game improves on it's predecessor. the rest are okay. of course i haven't played any of the newer ones. oot is a close second but i can't just sit down and get into it the same way as mm. the world is really vibrant.

people have different opinions. it's part of being human.

i find koei slashers to be fun, interesting and simulating. whoa look at that i have an opinion that you guys probably don't agree with.
>> No. 12346 [Edit]
the sequel is always worse
>> No. 12394 [Edit]
File 149510677581.jpg - (58.04KB , 1504x209 , 20170519.jpg )
12394
Sprites > 3DCG
>> No. 12395 [Edit]
>>12337
>elements that would be heavily criticized in any other game, but are heralded in the Souls series as 'part of the difficulty'.
Reminds me of one thing I really hate, but I'm not sure if it's unpopular or not. The hard=good mentality, and it's not just in the Souls fanbase either. Persinally, I think games are good when their mechanics work well with the other elements to create a fun experience. Stupid 'gotcha' moments are just poor design. A mediocre game remains mediocre even if you turn up AI stats to make it hard and label it 'hardcore'. Unfortunately, people seem to lap it up so that they don't appear as 'casuals'.


>>12394
Is that unpopular? I'm not a big fighting game guy, but I always liked the way sprites were animated more than 3D, they were always sharper and snappier in a way that 3D simply wasn't.
>> No. 12396 [Edit]
>>12337
>They're relatively easy games whose only real 'difficulty' comes from the clunky controls and horrible camera (particularly in the first two entries), which lead to a lot of pitfall deaths- elements that would be heavily criticized in any other game, but are heralded in the Souls series as 'part of the difficulty'.

I strongly disagree with that. The controls have a weight to them, but they certainly aren't clunky. Actions, including movement, needs to be deliberate and you have to commit to it. It's very different and jarring if you are used to playing something like devil may cry or other button mashy-type fighters.

The camera only gets retarded when you fight things much bigger than you are, and only when you are using the lock-on to face the boss while simultaneously navigating terrain obstacles.
That generaly only becomes an issue when you back yourself into a corner and then realize your mistake only after you're completely fucked but not quite dead yet.

>Also, I shouldn't be able to beat the "hardest boss ever" (Ornstein and Smough) on the first blind attempt by literally facetanking with high poise and mashing the attack button, healing as necessary.

The difficulty of that fight starts on NG+, where their damage output is too much for a full set of +15 armor to truly face tank. Four Kings is another good example of such a fight.

You may find this hard to believe, but being able to learn when to facetank the weak strikes and avoid the really heavy ones puts you in the upper echelon of players for that game.
The sad truth is most people have too much difficulty trying to keep track of two things attacking them and end tunnel visioning on one while they walk right into the other one charging up their heavy hitting move and then die stupidly and deservedly.
>> No. 12484 [Edit]
Nobody gave a fuck about Nier until they added a cute robot who you can pantyshot in it for normals to call their waifu and not feel weird.

Fuck that.
>> No. 12489 [Edit]
File 150074407242.jpg - (22.54KB , 189x266 , SMT.jpg )
12489
The Shin Megami Tensei mainline games are better than Persona.

Also, Persona 4 is shit. The game is easy as fuck. The dungeons are linear and the characters are uninteresting.

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Home] [Manage]



[ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ $ / mai / mt / ot / so / tat / txt / 日本 ] [ arc / ddl / fb / irc / lh / lol / ns / pic / sub ] [ home ]