Beep Boop Bip
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 47)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: BMP, CSS, EPUB, FLAC, FLV, GIF, JPG, OGG, PDF, PNG, PSD, RAR, TORRENT, TXT, WEBM, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 679 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 131790105854.jpg - (19.37KB , 384x369 , stevejobs1984.jpg )
47 No. 47 [Edit]
Technology-related, so I guess it goes here.

As some of you probably know by know, Steve Jobs died yesterday, October 5th. What road do you think Apple will take from now on?

I'm hoping for some modern successors to discontinued products from back in the day, such as the Apple III, or heck, even one of these compact Macintosh types (as seen in the picture). Though I have no idea what a modern version of those might even look like. Certainly not a box with a CRT screen on it.
Expand all images
>> No. 48 [Edit]
Nothing will really change I believe. Jobs didn't really affect the engineering side of apple, that was mainly Wozniak and co.
Will probably see a slowdown in the company though. I'm not sure of this, but did microsoft not slow down when Gates stepped down and Balmer became CEO? It's pretty much the same with Apple now, only Gates isn't dead yet.
>> No. 49 [Edit]
Wasn't the Apple III discontinued because it was a piece of shit that overheated all the time? We used to have one of those Macs at home, though, one of the remakes of the original line. I liked it.

I think Apple's already been building on their old legacy with some of their new models. And their "new legacy" of iPod and iPod-related crap is taking them a lot farther than they ever went before.
>> No. 50 [Edit]
>>1062
I disagree. Jobs was the company. Apple about ceased to exist after they fired him. The turnaround Apple made after his return is really quite incredible.

I think Apple is screwed. They are going to lose a lot of value today. They still have an insane amount of money, so if they do self-destruct it will take some time.

I don't know what hipsters are going to do without him. He was their god. I don't know if anyone can fill Jobs' turtleneck and skinny jeans.

I never thought I would say it, but I hope Bill Gates stays around for a while. He is actually doing some good in the world. I guess I could still hate him for old times sake, but that is rather silly.
>> No. 51 [Edit]
it's cool how hipsters who were all about hating evil rich people are sad Jobs, a man who was a notorious asshole who ran chinese sweatshops that literally had to have suicide nets installed, has died. Sad to the point where some of them say they will buy even more overpriced apple shit to remember him. Society is such a parody of itself by this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry
>> No. 52 [Edit]
File 131793379810.jpg - (61.48KB , 860x560 , Spoiler Picture.jpg )
52
>> No. 53 [Edit]
A modern version is called a tablet with a keyboard and mouse plugged in.

also 20 bucks says apples next big move is to abandon some kind of connection standard they created, then proceed to make billions off of the replacement. (like they did with firewire).
>> No. 54 [Edit]
>A modern version is called a tablet with a keyboard and mouse plugged in.

isnt it called an iMac?
>> No. 55 [Edit]
Exactly. They can do evil shit and make crappy but nice-looking things and people will la that shit up and think they're heroes. That is genius.
>> No. 56 [Edit]
In fact all this discussion and news coverage of this stuff just gives Apple free advertising. By discussing how we hate it on Tohno chan we are actually advertising them. That is genius.
>> No. 57 [Edit]
File 131826536023.jpg - (40.57KB , 550x549 , Spoiler Picture.jpg )
57
He was finally getting in good 2D shape... Yeah, cancer does that; I remember.
>> No. 59 [Edit]
File 131830519911.jpg - (245.55KB , 1000x750 , 22309826.jpg )
59
>>1074
>>1075

>That is genius.
>> No. 60 [Edit]
File 131884629687.gif - (80.61KB , 600x600 , 2011-09-01-respect.gif )
60
>> No. 61 [Edit]
In my country, people have absolutely no idea who's Steve Jobs, because Apple products were never really popular.
>> No. 62 [Edit]
>>1105
Is it because your country is unusually smart and/or informed, or were they all just tricked into another product?
>> No. 63 [Edit]
>>1106
Simply poor, so everyone uses PCs with pirated software.
>> No. 64 [Edit]
 
this video tells alot about apples main shitty defense league of userbase.
>> No. 1400 [Edit]
File 145534534264.png - (32.32KB , 508x287 , Apple-Iphone-logo.png )
1400
What a weird problem...
Setting the date to 1 January 1970 will brick your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Home] [Manage]



[ Rules ] [ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]