Increase volume for maximum flavor.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 324)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: FLAC, FLV, GIF, JPEG, JPG, M4A, MP3, MP4, OGG, PNG, RAR, SWF, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 904 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

Audio Creedence Clearwater Revival - Born on the Bayou - (4.89MB - 128 kbps - 44.1 kHz ) Length: 5:16
324 No. 324 [Edit]
what is the oldest song you have in your music collection?

I don't mean old as in you've had it for so long, I mean old as in release date of the song old

post year

1969
Expand all images
>> No. 325 [Edit]
File 129265045347.jpg - (33.33KB , 300x300 , 51EG24CYDRL__SL500_AA300_.jpg )
325
Probably Are You Experienced by Jimi Hendrix, 1967.
>> No. 326 [Edit]
Audio Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode - (2.54MB - 128 kbps - 44.1 kHz , Chuck Berry - Johnny B_ Goode.mp3 ) Length: 2:42

326
Not counting my classical music, I have Johnny B. Goode, which is from 1958.
>> No. 327 [Edit]
File 129265068266.jpg - (49.66KB , 500x500 , wee.jpg )
327
1955's In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning.

>>325
I adore that album.
>> No. 329 [Edit]
Audio Miles Davis - Solar - (4.35MB - 128 kbps - 44.1 kHz , 03 - Solar [4_45].mp3 ) Length: 4:45

329
From the album Walkin' 1954
>> No. 330 [Edit]
Probably Bach or something, but not counting that, I've got a bunch of Gershwin piano rolls from the 1910's-20's
>> No. 331 [Edit]
Audio The Ink Spots - I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire - (3.50MB - 160 kbps - 44.1 kHz ) Length: 3:03

331
1941

But only because of FO3.
>> No. 334 [Edit]
File 129275852452.jpg - (31.50KB , 400x400 , andy warhol - the banana album.jpg )
334
The Velvet Underground & Nico, 1967.

some of my mp3s are missing year data but I doubt I have anything older.
>> No. 370 [Edit]
 
1969

Pharoah Sanders is awesome, he's easily my favorite jazz musician.
>> No. 380 [Edit]
how can you people not have something from before the late 60s?!
>> No. 381 [Edit]
the oldest music I have is from 1985
>> No. 382 [Edit]
>>380
Because unless someone specifically seeks out older music, they most they'll know about it is maybe that their parents listen to it.

It's not marketed to anyone anymore, it's not referenced in modern media (whether tohno-style or normal), and people who have little contact with anyone else are unlikely to come across someone that will get them interested in it.

The oldest I have is a set of Rachmaninoff symphonies (early 20th century). I used to have a set of violin/harpsichord duets by Bach, don't know what happened to them.
>> No. 383 [Edit]
File 129343333544.png - (23.17KB , 477x387 , 1292455406134.png )
383
>>382
>It's not marketed to anyone anymore, it's not referenced in modern media.

I disagree completely. Look at a decent music review publication or site and you'll constantly find references acknowledging important and landmark records from decades past.
>> No. 385 [Edit]
File 129347355735.jpg - (77.77KB , 500x500 , Please-Please-Me.jpg )
385
>>382
well you're completely wrong
>> No. 387 [Edit]
 
Haendel - Lascia chi o pianga (from Rinaldo)

...first performed on 1711. For some reason, the mp3 isn't loading properly (has happened to me before); so I'll leave you this video of the recorded version I meant to upload.
>> No. 437 [Edit]
Audio Artie Shaw - Frenesi - (4.23MB - 192 kbps - 44.1 kHz , 16 Frenesi.mp3 ) Length: 3:05

437
Might be this one. 1940.
>> No. 1315 [Edit]
 
foobar says it's this, from 1955.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Home] [Manage]



[ Rules ] [ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]