moe moe kyun~

Our MAL Club
[Return]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 33854)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, SWF, TORRENT, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 2609 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 157810163311.jpg - (114.01KB , 1280x720 , koisuru.jpg )
33854 No. 33854 [Edit]
This season's Kirara adaption. Gather around while we watch cute girls forge friendships as they seek to discover an asteroid. If you liked Slow Start, give this a shot!
Expand all images
>> No. 33859 [Edit]
File 157811914539.jpg - (56.59KB , 400x500 , 87933.jpg )
33859
An anime about an astronomy club you say? where have I seen that before...
>> No. 33865 [Edit]
>>33854
Very cute so far. This'll be fun to watch.
>> No. 33867 [Edit]
File 157816765481.jpg - (251.19KB , 1920x1080 , lunch_on_head.jpg )
33867
favorite scene in ep 1
>> No. 33869 [Edit]
File 157817628926.jpg - (111.47KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 01 [720p]_mkv_sn.jpg )
33869
I think the idea of a split club and how they'll have to learn to co-exist is a pretty nice concept.
>> No. 33870 [Edit]
>>33869
Ao's awkwardness is so cute.
>> No. 33871 [Edit]
I'm loving this already, good start to the decade.
>> No. 33877 [Edit]
File 157821042974.png - (576.34KB , 639x810 , yup_its_a_rock.png )
33877
Credits to an anon on 4/a/ for this edit
>> No. 33878 [Edit]
>>33877
This gave me wood!
>> No. 33879 [Edit]
File 157821081542.jpg - (21.03KB , 300x450 , hibiki-hagyuu-99910.jpg )
33879
Never would have guessed Hibiki was into geology.
>> No. 33880 [Edit]
>>33877
Nice thighs.
>> No. 33881 [Edit]
>>33879
These character designs all seem vaguely familiar. Mira reminds me of Myaa-ne (Wataten) [perhaps because both by Doga Kobo?]
>> No. 33882 [Edit]
>>33881
Yeah, doga kobo chara desings all look the same. I honestly don't know how do people still stomach it.
>> No. 33883 [Edit]
>>33881
All character designs have been done before, you are talking about an industry that has been around for a long time and made thousands of anime.
>> No. 33888 [Edit]
>>33883
Sure there's a limit to the amount of hair & eye types and hair & eye colors you can play around with before you start getting repetitive, but there's still room for originality in the art styles. Weather or not people are willing to accept them is another matter.
>> No. 33889 [Edit]
>>33882
It's not just Doga Kobo, all anime studios are the same from Ghibli to Kyoani. Remember that all animations are drawn by hand frame to frame, look at artists on pixiv and their styles will tend to be the same. I take it you don't draw much?
>> No. 33891 [Edit]
>>33889
I can tell every single porn artist I follow on pixiv apart from one another with one glance.
>> No. 33892 [Edit]
>>33891
Not him but I think that does have some selection bias. I can tell them all apart too, firstly because they are artists I am following and secondly because I am usually following them because there is something about their art that stands out in the first place, otherwise they tend to all be the same. That's not bad and there are artists I don't follow that are better than ones I do but it would mean that if I was to follow them I would end up following far too many.
>> No. 33893 [Edit]
File 157828181341.png - (507.78KB , 852x480 , evangelion face.png )
33893
>>33891
>>33892
I phrased myself badly, I didn't mean similar between artists but the tendency for an artists style to be consistent and same-ish hence >>33891
I think it's unfair to single out Doga Kobo for something like this
>> No. 33894 [Edit]
File 157828181383.jpg - (270.46KB , 1056x944 , ex1.jpg )
33894
>>33892
Go to any image aggregator and search up a really popular character. Just looking at the first page will show you how much variety there's room for.
>>33893
Wish you posted this sooner... Every Bones show looks pretty distinctive.

Post edited on 5th Jan 2020, 7:40pm
>> No. 33895 [Edit]
>>33894
That's because they are drawn by different artists.
>> No. 33896 [Edit]
>>33894
There is variety in artsyles but also many that follow the same. For each image in that collage you posted you could find numerous artists that do that same style.
>> No. 33897 [Edit]
>>33894
I don't watch a lot of Bones' stuffs but I think it's because they consists of 4/5 separate studios. Also do note that if it is an anime adaptation then creative control over art styles would be much more limited and dictated by the source material. Kirara SoLs are I suppose more uniform in art style being cute 4-koma heavy compared to shonen or more serious, seinen stuff that I think Bones does.

Post edited on 5th Jan 2020, 8:59pm
>> No. 33898 [Edit]
>>33896
I think the same could be said of western art in this vein.
>> No. 33899 [Edit]
There's a big fundamental difference between single illustrations and an animated series.
>> No. 33906 [Edit]
File 15787987537.jpg - (444.95KB , 1920x1080 , pretty.jpg )
33906
The backgrounds for this are very pretty
>> No. 34016 [Edit]
File 158038233856.jpg - (165.74KB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 03 [1080p]_mkv_s.jpg )
34016
This just got good!
>> No. 34018 [Edit]
File 158038253397.jpg - (167.46KB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 03 [1080p]_mkv_s.jpg )
34018
I love ceilings like this.
>> No. 34038 [Edit]
File 158071092390.png - (898.78KB , 1280x720 , sicp7.png )
34038
It's nice that they're developing the themes bit by bit in each episode by giving us a peek into the mindset and lives of every character. Sure the "ambitions for the future" trope might be overdone in CGDCT but there's always room for new ground in the presentation of it, and so far this anime is doing a nice job of blending in the humor and slice of life parts with the undertone of thoughtful reflection.
>> No. 34039 [Edit]
>>34038
Thank you for the SICP edit.
>> No. 34040 [Edit]
File 158071382911.png - (911.40KB , 1280x720 , sicp6.png )
34040
>>34039
It's not mine; if you want more, there's a kind anon on 4/a/ who's been making and posting them for every episode (and there are a lot of sicp-able scenes in this show).
>> No. 34044 [Edit]
File 15809857765.jpg - (249.66KB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 04 [1080p]_mkv_s.jpg )
34044
It really does.
>> No. 34049 [Edit]
File 158129872482.jpg - (123.16KB , 631x571 , ao_smug2.jpg )
34049
It feels like I missed something in this last episode: why are Monroe and Sakurai stepping down?

Also it's unfortunate that the next episode is a recap; I'm guessing this is due to production delays, possibly related to China shutdowns?
>> No. 34067 [Edit]
File 15816426129.jpg - (221.25KB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 06 [1080p]_mkv_s.jpg )
34067
She has good taste.
>> No. 34089 [Edit]
>>34049
Right? I don't really see the point.
>> No. 34091 [Edit]
>>34089
The recap episode was essentially just scenes from previous episodes stitched together, expository style; not worth spending your time watching.

What happens to the airing schedule due to the missed episode? Do they push everything back a week, or is the episode just skipped entirely?
>> No. 34164 [Edit]
File 158311207098.jpg - (104.14KB , 1280x720 , imouto.jpg )
34164
You can see Sakurai's imouto on the left of the exam scene. Nice detail!
>> No. 34178 [Edit]
File 158326947788.jpg - (225.73KB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 07 [1080p]_mkv_s.jpg )
34178
She took it well.
>> No. 34180 [Edit]
File 158327001814.jpg - (254.32KB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 06 [1080p]_mkv_s.jpg )
34180
>> No. 34183 [Edit]
File 158327970667.jpg - (60.93KB , 1280x720 , slowstart.jpg )
34183
>>34180
Are all teachers in the Kirara universe such predators
>> No. 34186 [Edit]
>>34183
Would you have it any other way?
>> No. 34192 [Edit]
File 158364966996.jpg - (99.97KB , 1280x720 , hair_down.jpg )
34192
I almost didn't recognize suzu with her hair down.

Also this last episode would have fit perfectly as the finale with the graduation trope, but they've subverted SoL cliché with 3 episodes still remaining. I wonder how the pace of the anime is going to change now that the club dynamic is partially disrupted though.

Post edited on 7th Mar 2020, 10:45pm
>> No. 34203 [Edit]
File 158412703214.png - (1.32MB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 10 [1080p]_mkv_s.png )
34203
>> No. 34204 [Edit]
>>34203
Inose finally had enough
>> No. 34209 [Edit]
File 158441002765.jpg - (81.11KB , 1280x720 , Spoiler Picture.jpg )
34209
>>34192
So much for that beautiful long hair. Does this imply that the sister rejected her confession?
>> No. 34210 [Edit]
>>34209
I hate it when they do that. Dumb cliche makes the characters uglier for no reason.
>> No. 34217 [Edit]
File 158461054391.jpg - (255.67KB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 08 [1080p]_mkv_s.jpg )
34217
>>34209
Moemoe is now just moe.
>> No. 34239 [Edit]
File 158509963023.jpg - (61.05KB , 1280x720 , grumpy.jpg )
34239
I'm not a particular fan of the second new kouhai club member. Even with her tragic "backstory" the needless cynicism and pessimism seems quite out of place with the rest of the show.
>> No. 34240 [Edit]
File 158511529789.png - (2.00MB , 1920x1080 , [Erai-raws] Koisuru Asteroid - 11 [1080p][Multiple.png )
34240
>>34239
I think it's really cute to see her warm up and start to loosen up. Like in the newest episode when she suggested making the TeruTeru-Bozu and got really into it.
>> No. 34248 [Edit]
File 15854136931.png - (2.95MB , 1920x1080 , [HorribleSubs] Koisuru Asteroid - 12 [1080p]_mkv_s.png )
34248
I'm going to miss them..

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Home] [Manage]



[ Rules ] [ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]