moe moe kyun~

Our MAL Club
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 27525)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, SWF, TORRENT, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1936 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

Recent News Post: chrome and spam bot errors by Tohno - 23rd May 2018
File 148213513289.jpg - (224.70KB , 600x849 , 20161223.jpg )
27525 No. 27525 [Edit]
What does tohno think of sports anime (that isn't fighting related)?
Expand all images
>> No. 27526 [Edit]
File 148213523658.jpg - (90.34KB , 362x500 , 20161221.jpg )
27526
The shonen version of sports anime feels like a fighting anime but without the chance of dying. Haha
>> No. 27528 [Edit]
I don't keep up with them much, but off the top of my head I thought one outs was fantastic.
>> No. 27531 [Edit]
>>27525
I don't really see the appeal. It's a kind of vicarious experience I don't want to engage on, so I end up finding it boring, even with racing ones (where racing is a main appeal instead of secondary, e.g. Mach GoGoGo [Speed Racer] vs. Freedom).

From the conventional mainstream sports the only one I find somewhat entertaining is hockey (I watch every now and then if I'm bored)... and more because I have an undying love for cold, ice, winter, etc.
>> No. 27533 [Edit]
Air hockey anime when?
You know you want to.
'Conventional' sports anime are dull because they're scripted. They are much more fun when they're silly like Saki or Keijo.
>> No. 27550 [Edit]
>>27533
I believe both Saki and Keijo are scripted, actually.
>> No. 27571 [Edit]
File 148279305683.jpg - (129.44KB , 465x800 , 20161228.jpg )
27571
Does an Iron Chef style cooking anime count as sport?
>> No. 27573 [Edit]
>>27571
yakitate japan is the best shonen fighter i've ever seen
>> No. 27604 [Edit]
>>27573
If you liked that, check out Shokugeki no SOMA.
>> No. 27616 [Edit]
I've liked every Mitsuru Adachi adaptation I've seen. They don't go beyond simple drama but simple drama done well is really nice. Ping pong the animation was also good for a short story.
>> No. 27788 [Edit]
File 148541663825.jpg - (56.32KB , 225x321 , Griffiths.jpg )
27788
I'll give any anime a go..
>> No. 27857 [Edit]
File 148625310954.jpg - (186.29KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs] Long Riders! - 01 [720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
27857
I decided to give this a go per a buddy's recommendation. I was hesitant because I was really put off by biKe-ON, but this is actually pretty decent so far.
>> No. 27871 [Edit]
File 148662636272.jpg - (112.57KB , 1280x720 , yurixvitya.jpg )
27871
yuri on ice was the best anime of 2016 tbh
>> No. 27872 [Edit]
File 148665011962.png - (885.33KB , 1049x553 , cum.png )
27872
>>27871
It was pretty good especially for an original series. The staff worked really hard on it and I'm glad Yamamoto finally had a hit. Shame a lot of people won't watch it because of the "Yaoi" but they're missing out.

I want more anime like Yuri on Ice. I'm tired of high school sports anime because it's just starting from square one and the same story even if characters are different. Which sure it's mostly about characters and how much you enjoy the but in anime in general I find myself bored of high school drama unless its really well written. Ping Pong the Animation was in high school but had the same set up as Yuri on Ice. It's about professionals, not kids going to high school and playing for something that doesn't matter too much. The characters start when they're already amazing. Yuuri is the top skater in Japan from the start even if he chokes, he was the best of the best.
>> No. 27889 [Edit]
File 148678585787.jpg - (144.07KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs] Long Riders! - 02 [720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
27889
>>27857
So the main character in Long Riders apparently has little to no experience with bikes and has horrible balance problems causing her to fall over a lot. Yet her friend who's an experienced cyclist thinks eating properly before going on a ride is more important than wearing a helmet, which she doesn't get till the second ep.
>> No. 27890 [Edit]
>>27872
Watching something with Yuri in the tittle and getting Yaoi? Yeah I can't see why people would have a problem with that.
>> No. 27924 [Edit]
>>27890
Describing my reaction perfectly.
>> No. 28028 [Edit]
File 14880625806.jpg - (104.71KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs] Long Riders! - 03 [720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
28028
Having a dog that attacks customers doesn't seem like it'd be good for business.
>> No. 28097 [Edit]
File 148889197682.jpg - (107.44KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs] Long Riders! - 04 [720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
28097
The quality of long ridders really took a dive in ep4 while at the same time pushing bikes to the background and focusing on the characters in cute outfits. I wonder if those two things are related...
>> No. 28206 [Edit]
File 149040407942.jpg - (136.75KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs] Long Riders! - 08 [720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
28206
It's a bit weird watching a slice of life sort of anime with all the characters being grown up college students who have jobs and can drive and stuff, but not weird in a bad way.
>> No. 28231 [Edit]
File 149101508221.jpg - (181.64KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs] Long Riders! - 09 [720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
28231
So much QUALITY in this anime.
>> No. 28237 [Edit]
File 149117029885.jpg - (182.09KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs] Long Riders! - 09 [720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
28237
That staff member was a real bitch. What would it have hurt to let them ride with the rest of their group?
>> No. 28654 [Edit]
File 149370342575.jpg - (128.43KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs]_Long_Riders!_-_12_[720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
28654
...and there goes their hymen.
>> No. 28660 [Edit]
>>28654
Is there really any reason to be using "they" when that's clearly a girl? I've noticed it pretty often here.

Post edited on 2nd May 2017, 2:12pm
>> No. 28671 [Edit]
>>28660
I've noticed it too. Maybe English isn't that Anon's first language.
>> No. 28672 [Edit]
File 149384875763.gif - (724.96KB , 500x450 , 1493317859083.gif )
28672
>>28660

Is there something wrong with using non-gender specific pronouns for non-living, fictional objects?

Or are you one of those people who refer to objects they own, such as a vehicle, as 'she' and complain when others refer to the vehicle as 'it'?
>> No. 28673 [Edit]
>>28672
Comparing a machine to a fictional female is a pretty terrible analogy to say the least. Why would you even comment on her hymen if you hadn't assumed her to be a female?

Nobody is impressed by meaningless semantics and pseudo-philosophies. I personally don't care if you use gender-neutral pronouns and I'm not the person that brought it up originally, but don't be a cunt.
>> No. 28675 [Edit]
>>28672
See, I assumed you just weren't familiar with English. But now I know you're a pseudo-intellectual douche desperate for attention.
>> No. 28676 [Edit]
File 149386362697.jpg - (124.67KB , 1280x720 , [HorribleSubs]_Long_Riders!_-_11_[720p]_mkv_snapsh.jpg )
28676
>>28675
I'm >>28654, but not >>28672. They're (he is) someone else.
I was under the impression both "her" or "they/them/their" were acceptable in these sort of situations. I wasn't aware that "him & her" was required once gender was established. Sorry if I was incorrect and for any trouble I might have caused. English is essentially my third language.
>> No. 28677 [Edit]
>>28676
no, he/her is not always needed, they is always fine. some people are just anal about that. your english seems fine
>> No. 28678 [Edit]
>>28676
Ah, I'm sorry I assumed you were an attention whore. I think it's technically correct to say "they" if you want, but it looks really awkward, at least to me. You do you, dude.
>> No. 30637 [Edit]
I like Hill CLimb Girl...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynICiOHFvA
>> No. 30641 [Edit]
Since this got bumped recently and as such I'll feel less guilty about necroing it just to ask a question...

Has anybody seen both Long Riders and Minami Kamakura High? Obviously the premise is extremely similar, with 5 girls forming a bicycle club and whatnot. What would you say differentiates the two? Which one do you consider better?

I'm probably only ever going to watch one so I was hoping for some opinions.
>> No. 30673 [Edit]
>>30641
Any reason why you can't watch both?!?
>> No. 30675 [Edit]
>>30641
I've seen long riders but not Minami Kamakura High. The latter looks like it might be better quality if nothing else, maybe I'll give it a shot and report back. long riders was very QUALITY I should say. Some of the caps posted here should make that much obvious. Not particular memorable but if you have any interest in biking it's worth checking out.
>> No. 30740 [Edit]
>>30675
>>30641
I've seen both. Neither of them is particularly good or memorable, but they're both cute.
>> No. 30758 [Edit]
>>30673
Possibly same as yours.

>>30675
>if you have any interest in biking it's worth checking out.
Truth to be told I don't have that much of an interest in biking. But hey, it's one theme I haven't gone through with cute girls doing cute things shows so I might as well give it a go. One go preferably.

>>30740
Care to say anything more? I mean obviously they're very similar but they're not the exact same show. What would you say differentiates them?
>> No. 31073 [Edit]
>>27872
Ice-skating needs more anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL_k-RJCSEo
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Home] [Manage]



[ Rules ] [ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]