moe moe kyun~

Our MAL Club
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 27350)
Message
BB Code
File
File URL
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPEG, JPG, MP3, OGG, PNG, SWF, TORRENT, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 7000 KB.
  • Images greater than 260x260 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 1973 unique user posts.
  • board catalog

File 147867759198.jpg - (116.70KB , 1280x720 , Kuma Miko - 11 [720p]_mkv_snapshot_22_17_[2016_07_.jpg )
27350 No. 27350 [Edit]
There are a ton of misconceptions among people who don't know a lot about anime. Obvious ones are that it's all smut/gore, or that anime is all "weird". What are some misconceptions you feel should be cleared up?
Expand all images
>> No. 27353 [Edit]
To those who don't know about Japanese culture anime would be understandably weird to them.

The one that has been prevalent in my observations is that anime is for kids. Again, understandable how that came about since most localised anime is indeed for shounen.
>> No. 27356 [Edit]
i like weird smut and gore
>> No. 27358 [Edit]
>>27353
I always found it funny how some people assume anime is just for kids, while others see it all as sick and perverted porn cartoons.
>> No. 27363 [Edit]
>>27358

Anime and cartoons have NOTHING in common, are they stupid?
>> No. 27364 [Edit]
>>27363
I really hope your post is satire.
>> No. 27365 [Edit]
>>27363
To people who don't watch the stuff it can easily appear to be all the same shit.
>> No. 27369 [Edit]
>>27350
>anime is all "weird"
This is not really a misconception. It is weird, and if you watch it you are a little weird.
>>27358
>people assume anime is just for kids
Isn't it? Even seinen stuff primarily appeals to college kids. Just because you're an adult, however, doesn't mean you can't appreciate that The Lion King is a good movie.

I believe the biggest misconception about anime of all is that I would willingly watch any of that garbage. Shit sucks, senpai.
>> No. 27372 [Edit]
>>27369
University students are adults, matey.
>> No. 27374 [Edit]
>>27372
Then they should act like them, kid.
>> No. 27378 [Edit]
>>27372
Not mentally.
>> No. 27379 [Edit]
>>27374
>>27378
That's a nice opinion but adult is adult, set by your government, and differences in adults ,of the same culture, is merely due to time and the inherent social change proceeding it.
>> No. 27380 [Edit]
>>27379
Whatever you say kid, now run of to school.
>> No. 27382 [Edit]
The most common misconception I've seen is just assuming all fans are either shut-ins or cringy middle-school Naruto weaboos. Which is, for the most part, true.
>> No. 27389 [Edit]
>>27380
Glad to see you know when to submit to a persons superior.
>> No. 27392 [Edit]
>>27353
By "weird" I meant in the way people stereotypically consider Japanese media to be crazy random nonesense, as if it were created by madmen on drugs. I'm sure you've seen the "wtf japan" phrase being used around the internet before right?
>> No. 27397 [Edit]
File 147940881661.jpg - (105.24KB , 1280x720 , [KiteSeekers-Wasurenai] Tantei Opera Milky Holmes .jpg )
27397
>>27392
Imagine if they did do drugs, shit would be so cash.
>> No. 27398 [Edit]
>>27397
psychedelic mushrooms were still sold legally in japan until about 10 years ago.
>> No. 27404 [Edit]
File
Removed
>>27369
i dont think the lion king is a good movie

the characters are shallow, the music is cringey, and the story is transparent.

also wwhats with that art lol? And they ripped off a play? Big, Fat, F.
>> No. 27467 [Edit]
>>27398
They're still somewhat legal to pick/grow in most places.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

View catalog

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Home] [Manage]



[ Rules ] [ an / foe / ma / mp3 / vg / vn ] [ cr / fig / navi ] [ mai / ot / so / tat ] [ arc / ddl / irc / lol / ns / pic ] [ home ]